• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CaptainCaveMan

Atlanta Thrashers move to Winnipeg

Rate this topic

All copies of Bettman's newspapers have had the sports section removed today. His thinking about revenues lost makes him extra irritable.

LOL, I would love to know at the end of the year how much money the Jets have sold worth of mechandise! It is everywhere in Manitoba, and everywhere you go somebody has something Jets on! Its great for the City and great for hockey!

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

really happy for Winnipeg. they are division leaders now. who would of thought that aboot 3/4 of the way into the season. especially with the travel its unreal. good for them and hope they continue to do well.

The Thrashers belong in Atlanta, as do the Flames really.

That the franchises didn't flourish there is because of poor ownership in both cases. Look it up.

It has nothing do with lack of fan support. Bettman chose one franchise to back over another because of toxic ownership in Atlanta.

That the NHL isn't in the ninth largest U.S. TV market really is shameful. Especially when that same market is corporate headquarters to UPS, Delta, Home Depot and Coca-Cola.

Still, it's hard deny Canadian enthusiasm for hockey and that counts for a lot.

It's hard though when a team leaves a city. I hate to see it for any fan base.

LOL, I would love to know at the end of the year how much money the Jets have sold worth of mechandise! It is everywhere in Manitoba, and everywhere you go somebody has something Jets on! Its great for the City and great for hockey!

there's an insane amount of Jets schwag around these days. all the Jets licence plates are almost sold out too. i think they've sold in or around 50000-100000.

That the franchises didn't flourish there is because of poor ownership in both cases. Look it up.

It has nothing do with lack of fan support. Bettman chose one franchise to back over another because of toxic ownership in Atlanta.

That the NHL isn't in the ninth largest U.S. TV market really is shameful. Especially when that same market is corporate headquarters to UPS, Delta, Home Depot and Coca-Cola.

Show me the demographics of Atlanta and then explain to me how that equals hockey fans. As a UofM econ major, I'm not seeing it.

On the FAN590 today, Bob McCown was hinting that Quebec may have a team by next year, that's why they put money in the current area. Also there's plans to build and NHL rink in September.

Also TSN radio reported that the AHL has been touring jobbing.com arena for possibly putting a team there.

On the FAN590 today, Bob McCown was hinting that Quebec may have a team by next year, that's why they put money in the current area. Also there's plans to build and NHL rink in September.

Also TSN radio reported that the AHL has been touring jobbing.com arena for possibly putting a team there.

With Seattle's possible stadium in the works, the NHL would be very attracted to this region as well.

I have a friend who knows a NHL ref. He told me last year before it happened, that Atlanta was going to Winnipeg, when everyone thought it was going to be Phoenix. Well, he was right.

I asked him yesterday if there's any truth to these Phoenix to Quebec rumors. He said he's going to email his ref friend and pass any info on to me. If I find out something good, I'll let you all know!

I've lived in Atlanta for about 11 years now, and really in my experience it's just a Football/Baseball town. No one cares about hockey and i'm not overexaggerating. I have worked at jobs with a ton of human interaction, and I can count how many hockey fans I have met here on one hand. There was just very little following, and it was very surprising. Half the people I work with didn't even know we had a hockey team until they were gone, so aside from poor ownership, I also have to contribute a large portion of it to lack of interest.

I've lived in Atlanta for about 11 years now, and really in my experience it's just a Football/Baseball town. No one cares about hockey and i'm not overexaggerating. I have worked at jobs with a ton of human interaction, and I can count how many hockey fans I have met here on one hand. There was just very little following, and it was very surprising. Half the people I work with didn't even know we had a hockey team until they were gone, so aside from poor ownership, I also have to contribute a large portion of it to lack of interest.

Add to that, Atlanta isn't that great of a sports town to begin with.