• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Brian Rafalski announces retirement after 11 NHL seasons

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Wow... that'll free up some cap space, wonder what brought this on.

I hope Kenny has some ideas for Defense.

6 mill off the books is great but pretty crappy ending for him as well. I am guessing his knees just couldn't take much more. We have to see what develops from this but loved having Raf for the past few seasons, but this is a move I didn't see coming whatsoever.

My only concern is that this affects Nick's decision. As much heat as Rafalski gets around here, it would be devastating to lose both this offseason.

Umm, an aging Rafalski who could barely skate in his own zone and was more around for his puck controlling holds little comparison to the Norris candidate Lidstrom. Just sayin' here.

Wow, tricky is right! Not only do we need to get better than Salei and Ericsson, so we need to find a top 4 d-man? Well, at least it opens up $6M more! OF course now Lidstrom can sign a contract for about $5M, since he will STILL be the highest paid d-man on the Wings! :ninja:

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - ??????

Kindl - ?????????

??????

Yikes!

My only concern is that this affects Nick's decision. As much heat as Rafalski gets around here, it would be devastating to lose both this offseason.

By the same Twitter feed, Rafalski leaving basically locks in Lidstrom's return.

RealKyper

Injuries the main reason #Redwings Rafalski shuts down a great career. He played throughout the play-offs without a ACL in his knee.

Holy s***. Kenny will have something to do this offseason, after all blink.gif.

Edited by radekas

Guest CaliWingsNut

6 mill off the books is great but pretty crappy ending for him as well. I am guessing his knees just couldn't take much more. We have to see what develops from this but loved having Raf for the past few seasons, but this is a move I didn't see coming whatsoever.

I'm pretty shocked too... I totally just assumed he would be back.

The more I think about it however the more it makes sense. His knee was done, his back going...

Umm, an aging Rafalski who could barely skate in his own zone and was more around for his puck controlling holds little comparison to the Norris candidate Lidstrom. Just sayin' here.

Did I compare them? Re-read what I wrote. Of course Rafalski doesnt compare to Nick. Just pointing out the fact that losing both Lidstrom and Rafalski in one offseason would be a huge blow.

Guest CaliWingsNut

I think going after Weber is a great idea. Especially now.

I know people will say that the Preds will match anything. However what does it hurt to make them pay more to keep him, if we can't have him?

Did I compare them? Re-read what I wrote. Of course Rafalski doesnt compare to Nick. Just pointing out the fact that losing both Lidstrom and Rafalski in one offseason would be a huge blow.

Yeah, I know you weren't, and read mine above. Regardless, Nick can take an even higher discount now with Raf's contract not there to compare, yes? I know that isn't a feasible idea but sounds quite appealing doesn't it?

okay this is from one sportsnet canada reporter. and he wont reveal his sources. im highly skeptical of this. wouldnt we be hearing about it here, before some beat writer in canada? i mean raffy is AMERICAN after all....