• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Brian Rafalski announces retirement after 11 NHL seasons

Rate this topic

I just read the Detroit Free Press coverage and theres two things...one...I'm really sad to see Brian go. What a huge loss to the team. I wonder what his future plans are? And that leads me to my second thought...

"At the end of the day, it came down to priorities, with the top three priorities being serving God, serving my family and serving others. With hockey not being at the top, it’s time for me to move on.”

And then at the end he read from the Bible. Has Rafalski always been a Christian or is this something new? Maybe PM me if you don't want to ruffle feathers but you can answer this.

So this article is everything I've been saying in this and all the other threads...except Holland is saying it...hmmm

No RFAs

When Shea Weber, Drew Doughty and Keith Yandle are all Red Wings next season you AND Holland will be eating your words.. :ph34r: ... :hehe:

Guest stinky fish taco

holland needs to grow a pair.

so what if nashville matches, if it improves your chances at landing a UFA suter next year?

Edited by stinky fish taco

I just read the Detroit Free Press coverage and theres two things...one...I'm really sad to see Brian go. What a huge loss to the team. I wonder what his future plans are? And that leads me to my second thought...

And then at the end he read from the Bible. Has Rafalski always been a Christian or is this something new? Maybe PM me if you don't want to ruffle feathers but you can answer this.

No feathers should be ruffled by that. Yes, he's always been a Christian as far as I know.

One good season is a start. The Wings could sign him and then he is an underachiever. The point is we won't know the long term ramifications, and comparing the two really is impossible to do. We are talking about one player who has had proven success versus another player who had one good season. I think Wisniewski is worth a signing at his age. He could very well be an excellent defenseman. I just worry that he is the later, and the Wings fans on this forum have little tolerance for the later.

A couple things I look at when I see Wisniewski and also the same things really make me want to see him in a Wings jersey next season and for a LONG time. He has shown that (so far) he can excell in a system that relies on scoring from defense, and the prototypical team for that is Detroit, so you can only guess that he would continue that trend, also, every team he played for in the West, when the Wings went up against him, he physically punished the Wings (it helps that Chicago and Anaheim were huge rivals and adds fuel to the fire) so you would think that if he continued that trend as well, he would be nothing but pluses for the Wings. I mean, he is no Shea Weber, but he does have a snarl, clears the front of the net, sticks up for his teammates, rarely ever gives up an opportunity to check someone, PLUS he has shown that he can score some points, this could be a huge opportunity for Detroit to get the type of defenseman they have been seeking since Konstantinov was hurt. (disclaimer: I am in no way saying Wiz is just as good as Konstantinov.)

I for one, am hoping among hope that he is a Red Wing next season and on a long term basis... (heck with all this Wisniewski talk, he almost deserves his own thread....almost)

I'm a bit suprised at the news but it really make me wonder if Liddy is retiring too and Raf just didn't want to lose a line-mate like Liddy. However it also makes me think that now that Raf has retired maybe he won't want to leave the Wings looking for 2 good D-men to try to fill in their shoes. I wish Brian all the best but now I'm really excited to see what happens.

Oh c'mon, why'd my post get deleted? :(

Yes, he went to school at Southfield Christian.

Yeah thats very odd that they deleted that post...hmmm <_< I guess I wasn't far off in asking for a PM.

Guest Grayne Wetzky

I have been wanting this guy off the Wings since the 2009 finals, but now that he is done, I'll say thanks for the 2008 run and the service. He had his moments. See ya, Rafi.

I know that in the past I've gotten on other posters' cases about ripping away at the Wings and putting them down. Well, I've done the same with Rafalski. OK, maybe I wasn't as nasty as some I've read :shifty: , but when I criticized him for passing too often into the feet of an opponent, who knows how much he was hurting and how much that distracted him? Sure as hell not me.

He was and is definitely a class act, and I wish him and his family nothing but the best. He went out on his own terms and was a huge part of the Wings' past successes.

Guest Hatethedrake!

PLEASE COME BACK!!! This whole 6.6 extra cap space isn't working out the way we wanted... Maybe you could pull a Farve? :ph34r:

:lol: Come back Raf! There's no one left!