• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Brian Rafalski announces retirement after 11 NHL seasons

Rate this topic

That trade I would be interested in. But the quoted part said Mike Green.

looks like I hurt someone's feelings too. They game me a -1 for saying I didn't want Mike douchebag Green. :P

matt greene would be nice, could take over stuarts role once his contract is up. I wouldn't want Mike Green either when you have a Mike Green Lite in Brendan Smith who will be dirt cheap for a few years.

I highly doubt Weber's going anywhere. But, if he's still a RFA come July 1, I say we offer him a front-loaded 10-12 year contract for $7.5M. That way, it's just below the cutoff for giving up 4 first round picks. We would have to give up 2 firsts, a second, and a third. Nashville will probably match, but I say it's still worth a try and the compensation would be worth it. It would also provide a major spark to our team next season.

What's the harm in trying? At worst, our hands are a bit tied the first two days of free agency if we want to sign another defenseman.

You do not offer him anything more than a one year deal. Otherwise he will be in Nashville forever. You offer him a one year offer and you get two chances to sign him.

Guest Crymson

You do not offer him anything more than a one year deal. Otherwise he will be in Nashville forever. You offer him a one year offer and you get two chances to sign him.

Then Nashville could theoretically take our four picks and then re-sign him the next summer.

Then Nashville could theoretically take our four picks and then re-sign him the next summer.

You have the whole year to sign him to a multi-year deal.

I would hand him a nine year extension as soon as the season begins.

Besides, I say this time and time again. The only way they part with him is if they are afraid they will not be able to sign him as a UFA. That is the biggest fear of a GM. One year offer is the only way for them to play that card.

A multi year deal just does the work for Nashville and they sign on the dotted line.

I'm confused why everybody still thinks Holland won't make any moves until the 2nd or 3rd wave. Yes, in the past couple years he tends to do that in situations where the cap is tight. He also has found ways to sign big names like Hossa and Rafalski when he has had the money. There is no way possible to only sign 2nd and 3rd wave players and fill up all of our cap room. I believe that Holland will earn his paycheck and bring in a player that can start replacing what were losing.

On the other note defensive wise I like Ehrhoff, Bieksa, Markov (if he can stay healthy), and I also like the Weber, Doughty offer sheet of it's for 2 firsts, 2nd and a 3rd. Four 1st's is a lot. I'm really excited for this team to really have a chance to throw some money around I just hope we do it in the right manner. I also would love a Hossa type Richards deal... Sign one defenseman this year to replace rafalski, and sign richards for a cup shot and then sign burns/surer for lids. Richards wants a cup contender not huge dollars that works in our favor... I hope...

FORWARDS

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.250m)

Brad Winchester ($0.750m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Cody McCormick ($0.750m)

/ Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Joni Pitkanen ($4.500m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Zach Bogosian ($3.500m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Joey MacDonald ($0.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $61,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,217,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $282,956

Not too far fetched at all. It would be nice to do more with the forwards, but honestly there's nothing out there (Richards aside) that would really take the sting off any injury to Pav/Hank/Mule. And at least with that defense we wouldn't need to score much, and that forward corps would be tough to play against.

Done right, we could also have some decent trade options for the following season if needed.

OooooooohhhH! Ralfi! yOU are the man! Putting the pressure on Cap'n Nick to stay another year! Way to take one for the team buddy! You are gonna be sorely missed! We all love you and you are a legend here in Hockeytown! Thanks for the good times, there's gonna be many more! Stanleytown 2012 baby!

found this on Spectors...

I Like the highlighted part!

Button also suggested offering up Mike Green to the Detroit Red Wings for Valtteri Filppula

I would say YES to that!

That's actually not a bad idea. Not sure why the Caps would want Filppula though. They DO need center help, but I don't think Filppula is their guy.

Is there a single defenseman that will be a ufa that we don't know about?

No and none of the UFA defenseman are anything special. I think Holland is going to need to trade for a defenseman or two to replace Rafalski and possibly Lids.

Is there a single defenseman that will be a ufa that we don't know about?

Your not going to get one defenseman to make up for Rafalskis point production but I think if you could swing a defense to put up half as many points plus find away to squeeze in Richards that is a better answer. I think with a retooling of our defensive systems from a new defensive coach plus a defenseman that is capable of playing more of a defensive game then Rafalski could this past season with the addition of richards (If possible is a better option...

If richards isnt possible then your stuck with a downgrade of rafalski and upgrade over ericsson so I think also is a good root but I would like to add more bite up front so teams have one more player to worry about it helps out guys like datsyuk, Franzen and Zerterberg but Hudler would probably need to be traded...

Here's something nobody has brought up. Do we really want the Wings to go out and spend a bunch of money on Wiz, Bieksa, Weber, or whoever when the CBA is going to expire after the 2012 season. With the unknown economy the new CBA could have an even more strict cap and could really handcuff the wings future with a bad deal. Not to mention Kronwall and Stuart will both need new contracts that summer. As much as i would love the wings to have a fluid transition from Raffi and Lids to the next breed, the front office will have to walk a very tight rope to make sure that it doesn't blow up in their face.

Here's something nobody has brought up. Do we really want the Wings to go out and spend a bunch of money on Wiz, Bieksa, Weber, or whoever when the CBA is going to expire after the 2012 season. With the unknown economy the new CBA could have an even more strict cap and could really handcuff the wings future with a bad deal. Not to mention Kronwall and Stuart will both need new contracts that summer. As much as i would love the wings to have a fluid transition from Raffi and Lids to the next breed, the front office will have to walk a very tight rope to make sure that it doesn't blow up in their face.

Yea I understand what your saying. I guess we will see what happens but I think worse case scenario we have to use lidstroms salary to pay for raises and pray that's enough. I'm hoping Smith is ready for a bigger role, but keep in mind I said worse case scenario.

Trying for isn't the same as going for broke for a player. Wings should try and sign Bieksa, but they shouldn't overpay for him. They should try for Suter and JML, but they shouldn't overpay for them. C'Mon. I'm not trying to be cheap, I'm just being realistic here. Bieksa is going to pull in a big overpaid contract this offseason unless he some how gets hurt this playoffs and scares everyone away. I've never even mentioned Erhoff, but from all accounts I hear he is going to be re-signed. Holland doesn't sign for the first wave anymore, he goes after the second wave players he doesn't have to overspend for.

I hope he solidifies the defense too, and with the suggestions I made of who is practical or realistic (I do note that there are more available of the few I brought up), he not only doesn't over spend but he shores up toughness and defense. And you have to remember, part of that 6mil and extra cap space will be going towards making our forward group stronger and playoff ready.

:blink: Well he damn well better sign someone in the "first wave" He is losing his #2 defense-man from last season, you cannot make that up by adding 2 or 3 "fifth wave" players.... Holland HAS to land a legit top 2 d-man PLUS fill two other spots on D. All we have under contract is Kronner, Stuart and Kindl.... Smith is not coming up. He needs to get Lids signed (if he is signing) and then get three more starters because Kindl is not ready, even if he was, Holland would still need TWO more, ONE being Rafalski's replacement. He's got $25M in cash (if the cap goes up to $64M) and he better spend it! In the FIRST WAVE... Are you listening Holland?

I know sentiments are running high right now, but let's not act like Rafalski is irreplaceable. Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, and Markov are all comparable offensively and better in other areas.

I've always been one to say Rafi's defense was better than he got credit for, and I didn't even mind his contract. But I can still be realistic. This isn't like losing Nick. He can be replaced, and quite possibly at a cheaper price.

I know sentiments are running high right now, but let's not act like Rafalski is irreplaceable. Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, and Markov are all comparable offensively and better in other areas.

I've always been one to say Rafi's defense was better than he got credit for, and I didn't even mind his contract. But I can still be realistic. This isn't like losing Nick. He can be replaced, and quite possibly at a cheaper price.

Agreed. Its more of the man love I got for him thats pissing me off. Im recently becoming a huge bieksa fan, so maybe he'll fill the void for me.

As far as the Smith jersey, I dont ever bet on the rookie. I learned my lesson with Ericcson.

As far as the Smith jersey, I dont ever bet on the rookie. I learned my lesson with Ericcson.

:lol: I know I know, just hopefully the kid that the torch is being passed on to. Bieksa or Wisniewski will definitely fill a bit of a void. A Helm sweater could be in the works for myself soon.