• Please log in to reply
528 replies to this topic

#521 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

Always sad to see a guy of class and sportsmanship and a great example off the ice hang 'em up. Several other professional athletes could take lessons from Raffy.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#522 Grayne Wetzky

Grayne Wetzky

Rookie

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I have been wanting this guy off the Wings since the 2009 finals, but now that he is done, I'll say thanks for the 2008 run and the service. He had his moments. See ya, Rafi.

#523 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'd like to see him take some kind of position with the club, like Maltby and scouting.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#524 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

I know that in the past I've gotten on other posters' cases about ripping away at the Wings and putting them down. Well, I've done the same with Rafalski. OK, maybe I wasn't as nasty as some I've read :shifty: , but when I criticized him for passing too often into the feet of an opponent, who knows how much he was hurting and how much that distracted him? Sure as hell not me.

He was and is definitely a class act, and I wish him and his family nothing but the best. He went out on his own terms and was a huge part of the Wings' past successes.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#525 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:10 AM

He's also passing up a cool $6 million. His injuries must be pretty significant.

#526 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

PLEASE COME BACK!!! This whole 6.6 extra cap space isn't working out the way we wanted... Maybe you could pull a Farve? :ph34r:
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#527 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

PLEASE COME BACK!!! This whole 6.6 extra cap space isn't working out the way we wanted... Maybe you could pull a Farve? :ph34r:

:lol: Come back Raf! There's no one left!
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#528 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

:lol: Come back Raf! There's no one left!

:hehe: I am waiting for all the naysayers to come eat their crow about him retiring.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#529 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

:lol: :thumbup:
IPB Image