#81 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

Not so fast.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#82 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

OH! COME! ON!
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#83 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

Not so fast.

Dreger and Kypreos have it as facts, been announced on Sportscenter here in Canada. I'd be really surprised if he changes his mind and doesnt retire.

#NOMOREKINDL

#84 kdutch98

kdutch98

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5LigPzdUI

Guys......Check the CBA. While the Wings will get some cap relief from this (obviously) I do not believe they will have all 6 million come off the books instantly. I believe the remaining portion of the contract is applied to the cap over a period of 3 years (may be 2) thus they would have a 2 million hit each of the next 3 years for Rafalski because he retired while under contract.

Maybe I'm confusing this with another sport's CBA, but I don't think so.

#85 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

Guys......Check the CBA. While the Wings will get some cap relief from this (obviously) I do not believe they will have all 6 million come off the books instantly. I believe the remaining portion of the contract is applied to the cap over a period of 3 years (may be 2) thus they would have a 2 million hit each of the next 3 years for Rafalski because he retired while under contract.

This has already been discussed. His cap hit comes off the books because he signed his deal prior to age 35.
The cap relief you speak of has to do with a contract that is signed after the age of 35.

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#86 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

I want them to sign Wisniewski as a replacement.

#87 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Not so fast.

There has already been a thread started here. He must retire, otherwise LGW will lose it's credibility.

Edit: Upon thinking about it further, maybe someone needs to start a "Hudler retires" thread.

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 23 May 2011 - 05:34 PM.

#88 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

? Why would his money spread out over 3 years when he only had ONE year remaining on his contract, that was signed under the age of 35, which means it's 6 mil off the books.

#NOMOREKINDL

#89 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

You've now posted this in both threads. It's WRONG. Maybe you should do that looking up you have to do.

He signed his contract before he turned 35, therefore making the rule your referencing not count.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#90 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

I want them to sign Wisniewski as replacement.

#91 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

Wow! We better find someone really good or else we are going to be really hurting next season. And if Nick retires...oh man....

For everyone that wanted Rafalski out, you'll find out why you are an idiot. This is going to have a massive impact on our team next season and we all know Holland won't overpay for any player, especially with a salary cap.

now more than ever, we need to trade Hudler for some major defensive help.

Thanks for the cup Rafalski and thanks for all the great help and play these past handful of years!!!!!!!!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#92 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

I think going after Weber is a great idea. Especially now.

I know people will say that the Preds will match anything. However what does it hurt to make them pay more to keep him, if we can't have him?

I'd love to see Weber in red. Posted Image

I wouldn't want to get in a pissing contest with the Preds though. Nashville usually has a lot more cap space than Detroit does. I don't know the numbers now, but they had 8 mil last October. They are more than capable of pulling the same thing the Islanders did with Nabokov.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#93 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

You've now posted this in both threads. It's WRONG. Maybe you should do that looking up you have to do.

He signed his contract before he turned 35, therefore making the rule your referencing not count.

He also joined the boards today. Obvious troll is obvious?

[/b]

I'd love to see Weber in red. Posted Image

I wouldn't want to get in a pissing contest with the Preds though. Nashville usually has a lot more cap space than Detroit does. I don't know the numbers now, but they had 8 mil last October. They are more than capable of pulling the same thing the Islanders did with Nabokov.

They have more cap space, but a self-imposed budget.

If we play it right, they'll match but not have enough to sign Suter the following year who will be a UFA.

#94 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:22 PM

I want Weber... A beast that can play. Think he'd take Rafalski's 6mil contract for 3-5 yrs?

#95 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Now this is exciting, at least now we know something is gonna happen, either a trade or a signing of someone significant. I cannot stop looking up salaries and stats and hits and teams!!!!

The thing is, now Holland just doesn't have to shore up the defensive end of the line, but now he is going to have to find away to replace Rafalski's points and powerplay minutes... Ehrhoff makes sense, what about Kaberle? Wisniewski scored 51 points, now offering him $4M doesn't seem out of the realm. Holland is gonna have to scoop someone up in the first week, if not the first day of UFA, just to make sure he fills Rafi's spot as best as he can...

Holland is going to trick us all and play Smith and Kindl full time while re-signing Salei for our top 6 lol.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#96 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

What the frick? Raf is retiring?!

Wow that's a big hole in the lineup it this turns out to be true.

And that guy mentions on his twitter Rafalski playing without an ACL, but didn't he say in an interview recently he hasn't had an ACL in that knee since he was 17?

And we're not getting Weber or Doughty! They're both RFAs, and franchise players for their teams.

He's not the same type of D-man at all, but this makes me a lot more interested in Brewer. Let us have him Stevie! :P

#97 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

Now this is exciting, at least now we know something is gonna happen, either a trade or a signing of someone significant. I cannot stop looking up salaries and stats and hits and teams!!!!

The thing is, now Holland just doesn't have to shore up the defensive end of the line, but now he is going to have to find away to replace Rafalski's points and powerplay minutes... Ehrhoff makes sense, what about Kaberle? Wisniewski scored 51 points, now offering him $4M doesn't seem out of the realm. Holland is gonna have to scoop someone up in the first week, if not the first day of UFA, just to make sure he fills Rafi's spot as best as he can...

Please, for the love of god not Kaberle.

#98 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,044 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Weber would be unreal, but I just dont see Ken Holland sending a division rival a massive offer sheet, not his style. Gonna be an interesting off season though.

#NOMOREKINDL

#99 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:29 PM

Holland is going to trick us all and play Smith and Kindl full time while re-signing Salei for our top 6 lol.

or maybe he'll pull a black ace... :ph34r:
Posted Image

#100 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

maybe we can sign Brad Richards now!!!