Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Will Dan Markov have influence on Andre?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Man Behind #91

Man Behind #91

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

Do u think that he will have a positive factor or negative?

I dunno if his experience was positive or negative.

#2 StayClassy

StayClassy

Babcock's Doormat

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

This thread is blowing my mind, what the hell.

"Let him live."

#3 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

I don't understand.

Speaking of which I miss that guy.

Posted Image

#4 Man Behind #91

Man Behind #91

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

If we were to offer andre a contract do u think Dan will have an influence?

#5 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

I can't imagine Andre leaving Montreal, to be honest.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#6 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

I don't see why we would want to risk a contract on a guy who has been spending his time on IR the past two years.

The guy is a great defenseman, but that is a big risk you are taking on a guy who is essentially made of glass. Don't we have enough on this team as it is? :lol:

Posted Image

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:07 AM

I don't see why we would want to risk a contract on a guy who has been spending his time on IR the past two years.

The guy is a great defenseman, but that is a big risk you are taking on a guy who is essentially made of glass. Don't we have enough on this team as it is? :lol:

For whatever reason, Montreal continues to keep him around. Never really understood that. Montreal's blue line will look much different when next season rolls around.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 Man Behind #91

Man Behind #91

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

I think Markov is a stellar defense man and if the contract was right i would be willing to pay even 5 mil per year. His upside is huge and he is way more talented than both lidstrom and rafalski in offense. Two freak injuries doesnt mean you are made of glass. Is kronwall made of glass too, he has missed just as much time. I say we go for him if he is an UFA. The pairing would be #1A Kronwall/#1B Markov.

#9 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

I'm not even going to address the post that says Markov is more talented offensively than Lidstrom.

As for the OP's question, Andrei and Danny Markov aren't related.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#10 Man Behind #91

Man Behind #91

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

Well i guess i made a booboo lol post end.

#11 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,540 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

I think Markov is a stellar defense man and if the contract was right i would be willing to pay even 5 mil per year. His upside is huge and he is way more talented than both lidstrom and rafalski in offense. Two freak injuries doesnt mean you are made of glass. Is kronwall made of glass too, he has missed just as much time. I say we go for him if he is an UFA. The pairing would be #1A Kronwall/#1B Markov.

5 mil is way too much of a risk for a guy who has played 52 regular season games in the last 2 years. BTW, Lidstrom is on a whole other planet compared to Markov, offensively, as well as defensively.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 24 May 2011 - 01:18 AM.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#12 Man Behind #91

Man Behind #91

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

I've seen him play a lot and he has much more of a mean streak than rafalski, can pass just as good, has a much harder shot and is a larger human being. He fits perfect with our system because he has a deflectable shot and plays an awsome puck possession game. I mean I wouldnt overpay for him but my guess is we can have him because most will be worried about his health.

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

Two consecutive injuries for Markov, both to the knee, both to the same part of the knee. Not good.

That said, it seems you're just another one come to these boards to tell people what you think rather than to discuss anything. Also, your claim that he's "way better" than Lidstrom and Rafalski offensively loses you 100% of your credibility in my eyes. Good day.

#14 Man Behind #91

Man Behind #91

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

Im just giving my opinion of him mr crymson, you dont like it go cry yourself a river... enough said... Yes I agree with all of you that his injuries scare anyone but great rewards sometimes come with some risk or a lot... I mean well have to wait and see if Lids retires and if he does then if I was GM I would def. at least offer him a 1 year deal.

#15 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

Markov is an interesting idea, to say the least

#16 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:11 AM

Well i guess i made a booboo lol post end.

This is so cute. "Andre" Markov, the sleazy French cousin with Russian roots. I can already imagine the moustache and the cane.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#17 RedWings91

RedWings91

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

What does Danny Markov have to do with this?

Other than sharing a last name and both being russian, I don't believe they are related.

#18 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:16 AM

What does Danny Markov have to do with this?

Other than sharing a last name and both being russian, I don't believe they are related.

Of course they are related. Haven't you heard how small of a place Russia is?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#19 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Of course they are related. Haven't you heard how small of a place Russia is?

If Andrei starts smoking cigarettes, I bet it was that Danny again.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#20 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,707 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:26 PM

If Andrei starts smoking cigarettes, I bet it was that Danny again.

He's always been a bad influence on his brother. Soon we'll see Andrei diving face-first to block shots and picking fights with mascots and refs.