• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Man Behind #91

Will Dan Markov have influence on Andre?

Rate this topic

If we were to offer andre a contract do u think Dan will have an influence?

I don't see why we would want to risk a contract on a guy who has been spending his time on IR the past two years.

The guy is a great defenseman, but that is a big risk you are taking on a guy who is essentially made of glass. Don't we have enough on this team as it is? :lol:

I don't see why we would want to risk a contract on a guy who has been spending his time on IR the past two years.

The guy is a great defenseman, but that is a big risk you are taking on a guy who is essentially made of glass. Don't we have enough on this team as it is? :lol:

For whatever reason, Montreal continues to keep him around. Never really understood that. Montreal's blue line will look much different when next season rolls around.

I think Markov is a stellar defense man and if the contract was right i would be willing to pay even 5 mil per year. His upside is huge and he is way more talented than both lidstrom and rafalski in offense. Two freak injuries doesnt mean you are made of glass. Is kronwall made of glass too, he has missed just as much time. I say we go for him if he is an UFA. The pairing would be #1A Kronwall/#1B Markov.

I think Markov is a stellar defense man and if the contract was right i would be willing to pay even 5 mil per year. His upside is huge and he is way more talented than both lidstrom and rafalski in offense. Two freak injuries doesnt mean you are made of glass. Is kronwall made of glass too, he has missed just as much time. I say we go for him if he is an UFA. The pairing would be #1A Kronwall/#1B Markov.

5 mil is way too much of a risk for a guy who has played 52 regular season games in the last 2 years. BTW, Lidstrom is on a whole other planet compared to Markov, offensively, as well as defensively.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I've seen him play a lot and he has much more of a mean streak than rafalski, can pass just as good, has a much harder shot and is a larger human being. He fits perfect with our system because he has a deflectable shot and plays an awsome puck possession game. I mean I wouldnt overpay for him but my guess is we can have him because most will be worried about his health.

Guest Crymson

Two consecutive injuries for Markov, both to the knee, both to the same part of the knee. Not good.

That said, it seems you're just another one come to these boards to tell people what you think rather than to discuss anything. Also, your claim that he's "way better" than Lidstrom and Rafalski offensively loses you 100% of your credibility in my eyes. Good day.

Im just giving my opinion of him mr crymson, you dont like it go cry yourself a river... enough said... Yes I agree with all of you that his injuries scare anyone but great rewards sometimes come with some risk or a lot... I mean well have to wait and see if Lids retires and if he does then if I was GM I would def. at least offer him a 1 year deal.