• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Very Sad To See

Rate this topic

It's very sad to see that some Red Wings players will eventually retire.

* Rafalski - Retired

* Lidstrom - Last Year / Retiring

* Holmstrom - Last Year?

* Kris Draper - Last Year

* Ozzie - ???

I know Modano is retiring too but in my heart his not a real Red Wing.

Worst part is that all of the above players are probably the key components for our stanley cup success.

I'm really going to miss all of them.

It's the unfortunate nature of all sports. To see Stevie, Shanny, Fedorov (although he wanted to) leave it was like an empty lost feeling. Almost didn't know who could step in but as we know there are players on this team that are cementing their very own legacy. One thing I have come to learn is that the Red Wings are a revolving door for amazing world class talent and even if we aren't at the top in the next 10 years or so, I will always support and love this team more than any other.

* Rafalski - Retired

* Holmstrom - Last Year?

* Ozzie - ???

Worst part is that all of the above players are probably the key components for our stanley cup success.

i have a feeling lids, homer, and ozzie will be back. drapes wants to play more so if there is room he will be back too. however, this time around next year could be a really sad time...

i have a feeling lids, homer, and ozzie will be back. drapes wants to play more so if there is room he will be back too. however, this time around next year could be a really sad time...

Homer's still got a year left on his contract I believe. He'll definitely be back.

Felt the same way when Yzerman retired. It'll be strange when those guys are gone, but its still incredible that they've been around so long and had such great careers. Especially all the guys who were around for the 90s cups.

It'll be real rough whenever Lids makes the call.

Luckily we have had excellent transition, and when those guys finally do hang em up, the Wings still have a great team of guys to root for.

Everyone talks about how the Wings need to get younger, now is that opportunity.

I'd like to see Lids stay, because he's obviously still in a class all his own; but I feel like it's time for the others to move on.

* Rafalski - Retired

* Holmstrom - Last Year?

* Ozzie - ???

it is hard to swollow isnt it. Nick and Drapes will be almost as hard to take as when Stevie Y left

Edited by blgillett

Haven't given much thought about it - however I was pretty bummed when Stevie hung 'em up, and Shanny left for the Rangers.

yeah it killed me Stevie called it quits and Shanny left too.

Guest Shoreline

I honestly wasn't too sad to see Stevie go. He's long been my favourite all-time NHL player, but you could tell by his last season his ability to play had been hampered by injuries and it was simply his time. I wouldn't have wanted him to beat himself up any more and even put the team at risk further by pushing it. He did the right thing, didn't pull a Brett Favre, and took the more mature path, and as you can see he's reaping rewards, from getting the position in the Red Wings office, to being GM now for Tampa who are 2 wins away from the Cup Finals.

The guy gave us three Stanley Cups to celebrate. I didn't see any reason to be sad. I wear my Stevie Y jersey with pride.

Edited by Shoreline

I honestly wasn't too sad to see Stevie go. He's long been my favourite all-time NHL player, but you could tell by his last season his ability to play had been hampered by injuries and it was simply his time. I wouldn't have wanted him to beat himself up any more and even put the team at risk further by pushing it. He did the right thing, didn't pull a Brett Favre, and took the more mature path, and as you can see he's reaping rewards, from getting the position in the Red Wings office, to being GM now for Tampa who are 2 wins away from the Cup Finals.

The guy gave us three Stanley Cups to celebrate. I didn't see any reason to be sad. I wear my Stevie Y jersey with pride.

I see what you are saying, but it was still tough for me, seeing as he had become the face of the franchise. By the time he hung them up in 2006, he had literally been with the Redwings all my life, and the captain all but 4 of those years. It was strange, just as it will be strange when Litdsrom, Ozzy, and Holms move on.

I see what you are saying, but it was still tough for me, seeing as he had become the face of the franchise. By the time he hung them up in 2006, he had literally been with the Redwings all my life, and the captain all but 4 of those years. It was strange, just as it will be strange when Litdsrom, Ozzy, and Holms move on.

It was hard when fredrik olausson retired. I'll be celebrating these guys' careers instead of feeling bad for myself.

Not to sound like a sap, but I hope you all recorded games over the years like I did so your memories of the players mentioned, and also Yzerman, Shanahan, Fedorov, McCarty, Lapointe, Maltby, etc., will be with you for the rest of your life.

1995-present has been a very special time, I don't think I'll ever be as connected to a team like I have been with the Red Wings, especially with Salary Caps in sports.