Photo
- - - - -

A new Wings fan has arrived! First round pick, 2030?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Please allow me to introduce you to (hopefully) the Wings first round pick in 2030!

Attached File  Sonogram Pictures 5-23-11 001.jpg   69.15KB   23 downloads Attached File  Sonogram Pictures 5-23-11 002.jpg   68.82KB   29 downloads Attached File  Sonogram Pictures 5-23-11.jpg   69.17KB   22 downloads

My girlfriend and I are expecting a bundle of joy on November 10th. The doctors and sonogram technicians are fairly sure it's a boy, but they couldn't be 100% certain. My whole opinion is very cliche, in that I'm just hoping for "10 fingers and 10 toes", but it's true. I'll take healthy first, anything else after that. Thankfully, everything appears to be normal, and the doctors think that the baby is completely healthy!

We've known since March that we were going to become parents, but I can tell you it REALLY hit me yesterday seeing everything on that monitor. And trust me, I'm planning on raising this child right, in that he/she will be a Red Wings fan!

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#2 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Congrats Kevin! Many blessings to you, your lovely lady, and the baby.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#3 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Awwww! Right at the beginning of the season too!* Many congratulations - I'm thrilled. And a little concerned........

:P

*I found out I was pregnant in Sept. '91, due May 23. My first thought (I swear!) was "Thank God I'm not due until after the hockey season." LOL
(That was the Sharks first year, so I knew they wouldn't be making it to the playoffs and they didn't televise any other games then.)

And I hope you have better luck in the Wings fan department than I did; my "son" can't stand hockey. Blond hair + blue eyes + no love of sports = switched at birth.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#4 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Congrats! My wife and I are expecting a baby in late September (due date September 27th). Have ultrasound pix but feel awkward posting them on an Internet forum. :P

Best of luck to you and hope everything turns out well. :)

#5 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thanks, everyone!

And Many Combolations to you too, Shore!

y4m8.png

#6 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

Congrats! My wife and I are expecting a baby in late September (due date September 27th). Have ultrasound pix but feel awkward posting them on an Internet forum. :P

Best of luck to you and hope everything turns out well. :)

Congrats to you as well! And the 26th is better. ;)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#7 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Congrats to you as well! And the 26th is better. ;)

Not to take away from Jedi's announcement but 27 is our lucky number. Would be even more so if my birthday were September 27th instead of the 17th, since my wife's b-day is Nov 27th, the day we got together was on a 27th, and the day we got married was on the 27th. Think it's fitting that the first ultrasound and some HCG test or whatever had the technician and OBGYN give a due date of September 27th.

I kinda chuckled though at the "Matlock" name on Jedi's ultrasound. :P

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

My goodness, babies akimbo! Congrats to Shore and Mrs. Shore, and to you Kevin and your lady. That's awesome.

I am glad I am past the age to worry about birthin' babies. But I wish you all the best, kids.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#9 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:18 PM

Congratulations Kevin! I love looking at ultrasound pictures because I remember how excited I was when I first got to see my girls on the screen. I hope she has an easy pregnancy. Same for you Shoreline, I think I've congratulated you but I say it again. I hope your wife is doing well too.

Vladdy, my due date with my oldest was May 21 but she was born on the 23rd.

Hearing news of all these babies and knowing I get to see my new niece soon is making me wish I could have more....maybe not the best idea.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Best of luck. My Godson turned out to be a Cowboys fan. They don't always turn out. (He is a Star Wars freak, so he's not all bad.)

In the event that the Wings do draft him, can we get those "rookie" photos autographed?

#11 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Amazing news, and congrats :thumbup:
IPB Image

#12 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

Congrats, Kevin! :) :cool:

#13 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Not to take away from Jedi's announcement but 27 is our lucky number. Would be even more so if my birthday were September 27th instead of the 17th, since my wife's b-day is Nov 27th, the day we got together was on a 27th, and the day we got married was on the 27th. Think it's fitting that the first ultrasound and some HCG test or whatever had the technician and OBGYN give a due date of September 27th.

I kinda chuckled though at the "Matlock" name on Jedi's ultrasound. :P

It's a great lucky # to have. Also has been my lucky # and rings true to this day. I was born on the 27th day of July and in my 27th year on this earth I am marrying an amazingly great gal. :thumbup:

Congrats Jedi!!!!! Here's to the next great Wing hopeful
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#14 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Congrats!!!

I'll have the extra drink your girlfriend can't drink temporarily in celebration :P

:chug:

#15 Jedi

Jedi

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

New pics! We can confirm that it's a boy, and everything appears completely healthy. His due date was bumped up 6 days, so he's now due November 1st.

The pics are probably HUGE, so be warned.

Attached File  better pic 2.jpg   862.52KB   13 downloads

Attached File  better pic 3.jpg   1.02MB   13 downloads

Attached File  better pic 4.jpg   1013KB   9 downloads

y4m8.png

#16 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

Have you picked out a name yet? Or are we going to have a "name the baby" thread?

#17 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,473 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

Congrats to all with incipient little Wings fans on the way. Can't wait to see pictures of them "on the outside," as the inmates phrase it.

just kidding... they will be here before you know it -- so sleep now, while you can! ;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Congrats Kevin! Like Linda said, get that sleep now because you will learn to live on little once he arrives. It's all worth it though. Best wishes that the rest of her pregnancy and delivery goes smoothly.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#19 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Congrats to all the dads to be!

#20 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

f***in' Hell Jedi...Congrats! There's nothing like parenthood. It's amazing how much love something so small can bring into your life.

Sidenote: He/she looks like a RH'ed shot. The Wings can always use that. :sly:
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users