NHL 12

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 Kage5691

Kage5691

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

where do you see Yzerman included? That link says nothing about Yzerman.

http://www.facebook.com/easportsnhl

"One of the greatest leaders in NHL history makes his return to the videogame world as an NHL legend. Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Mr. Steve Yzerman to NHL 12!"

#22 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL717BDB225517D07D&feature=player_embedded&v=iO2ySlrcEUU

Why do they give an option to add a legend to any team? It'll look crappy seeing Yzerman playing with Carolina or Gretzky possibly playing for Dallas.

Also, I'm not sold on Salming and Roenick being two of the 10 Legends in this game. There are better players they could have chosen from.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 17 August 2011 - 06:03 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

Why do they give an option to add a legend to any team? It'll look crappy seeing Yzerman playing with Carolina or Gretzky possibly playing for Dallas.

Also, I'm not sold on Salming and Roenick being two of the 10 Legends in this game. There are better players they could have chosen from.

Ugh JR was a good player, but not a legend! stevie and wayne are legends! JR is just a media attention *****

#25 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

Might be that they add the players they are able to secure rights too? Then again i could be totally off.

#26 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

Howe setting up Datsyuk... *drool*

I'm not a huge gamer, but this could entice me to update from the little-used PS2.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#27 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

Might be that they add the players they are able to secure rights too? Then again i could be totally off.

In that case, a lot of guys must have turned them down before they called Roenick and Salming.

#28 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

Anyone download the demo and give it a try? Just curious on thoughts.

#29 Hatchet Barry

Hatchet Barry

Long Live The Winged Wheel

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

Anyone download the demo and give it a try? Just curious on thoughts.

I downloaded it for the 360. It plays pretty close to NHL11. Theres a few subtle changes, but overall it feels the same. I hope the finished product will show more since it is only the demo.

Never undersestimate the predictability of stupidity

#30 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:35 AM

I played the demo. Wasn't impressed. I usually buy each and every year of EA NHL games but this just feels exactly like NHL 11. Which isn't a bad thing, 11 was great, but not enough for me to shell out 60 bucks. Honestly, the only change I noticed was being able to hit the goalies (but the goalies don't react? That's weird) and that each and every hit is a thunderous earth destroyer of a hit that should break their spines.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#31 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Still felt like NHL 11, but here are some points:

-Checking seemed a little toned down and not as bad as 11
-Can check into the bench now
-Can break glass from checks, but I've only had this happen once (smashed daniel sedin, felt awesome)
-Anticipation seems pretty good. Your player auto sweeps the stick, CPU cherry picks if he thinks you have a good breakout opportunity or odd man rush, they just seem to do things you want them to do instead of what they did in the past.
-Puck is more lively, which is great.
-Passes are quicker, but the biggest thing I nut over is the saucer pass; greatly improved feature that was long overdue for fixing.
-Shooting feels a lot better. Snap shots are a lot quicker and you can't hold your wind up for too long on slap shots or the puck will trickle away and you'll whiff since it's now considered a live puck. One-timers seemed harder to pull though.
-Skating felt bad. Felt like I was playing as people that just got on the ice for the first time. This will probably take some adapting. I've only been playing HUT and the smoothest skaters felt like Grabner and Hall. Zetterberg and Skinner felt alright, prolly be better with a skate boost.
-Poke check spam isn't as good as before, thank God.
-I've read that the physics engine will cut down on those one man shows, i.e. those people that never pass and dangle all the way to the net.
-I've also read that that biggest improvements are at the goalie position. I haven't tried it yet -- haven't played goalie since '09, but I've had an ear open to the complaints.
-Haven't had a goalie interference call yet, although I had a goal called off because of that...
-Had the net come off a couple times, didn't seem to frequent.
-I didn't know there were goalie fights, but I guess my buddy fought Daniel Sedin with Tim Thomas.
-Controls seemed a little slower than before. I wasn't able to pass quick enough from dman to dman behind the net. Usually I'd hold pass right before I pick it up if I had pressure on me, and the puck would go instantly, but this time around seems there's a little delay.

Lots of small tweaks that I like, should make for a more enjoyable game.

If it's one thing I know, it's that the demo/offline product is much different from the EASHL part of the game. So other than what I can take from the offline portion, who knows if I'll like the EASHL part or not.

I might be missing a few things but overall I liked it. Not sure if it's worth another $60 if all you play are offline/Be a Gm modes, but for everything else, hard to say at this point until I read a full game review. I'll probably end up buying it anyway.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 29 August 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#32 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

I played the demo and I don't have NHL 10, so I don't know how similar or different it is.

The camera view is awesome for "Be a Pro", but not as lively for the regular game modes. Like I've said before, I don't like the stagnant 2-Dimensional camera modes. They're boring. I'll be doing the "Be a Pro" a lot and may just learn to love it.

I like how the opposing defense isn't afraid to challenge and plays relatively smarter than other hockey games I've played.

The faceoffs are impossible to win. Looks like that'll take some time to perfect.

The fight engine is a freaking joke! They should have gone to a 3rd person fight mode, similar to the recent NHL2k series. From what I've been led to believe, most people agree with me on this. I hate how every fight ends in a KO. That's not remotely authentic.

Love the player graphics and arena graphics. Can't wait to see all the NHL arenas when the game comes out.

I had trouble with the shooting motions, but that'll probably take time to learn. You have to aim with the left stick and do some rotational motion with the right stick. Just pressing R3 and aiming with the left stick would have been easier.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 30 August 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#33 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

The EASHL usually starts on the Superstar and Normal settings. They then proceed to ruin the whole game by putting a tuner out that destroys all the interest you had for the game.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#34 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

i cannot WAIT to get this game!

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

i cannot WAIT to get this game!

Me either.

Haven't seen you for a while around here. :D

#36 Sparty13

Sparty13

Rookie

• Gold Booster
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

I for the life of me cannot figure out how to release/drop a player to free agency from GM mode... I've tried everything... Can someone help me out? I've searched the EA forums and can't find a thing so it's gotta be something simple that's right in front of me... Thanks.

#37 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Has anyone figured out how to unlock the other legends? I'm a pro 3 in be a pro with roenick but can't havn't unlocked anyone

Edit: You have to play Be A Pro Mode not legends to unlock.

Edited by Ozzie30, 18 September 2011 - 12:46 PM.

RIP #24

#38 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Anyone know if they have already updated rosters with a patch or is that still to come?

I'm waiting for that to happen before I buy.

#39 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

I just hope they fix the freezing issue.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#40 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Freezing issue? I have not heard about that one.

Whats going on with that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users