• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

I just hope they fix the freezing issue.

It's a joke and there's a 40 page forum on the NHL 12 website, where it seems like everyone has had this issue.

I've had it about 4 or 5 times since I bought the game.

Anyone know if they have already updated rosters with a patch or is that still to come?

I'm waiting for that to happen before I buy.

They did have one, but it had many errors on it.

I'm guessing the beginning of the season is when the first important roster update will come. Right now there's still a lot of guys just trying out for teams and many moves are yet to be made.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 23 September 2011 - 04:24 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#42 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

Thanks, I was thinking of getting it this weekend but I think i'll just hold off.

I don't have xbox live gold, only silver so will have to use one of my free 3 day things I think to upgrade to gold to update rosters... I think. Kinda new to Xbox live.

lol

#43 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

Thanks, I was thinking of getting it this weekend but I think i'll just hold off.

I don't have xbox live gold, only silver so will have to use one of my free 3 day things I think to upgrade to gold to update rosters... I think. Kinda new to Xbox live.

lol

No you do not need gold to update rosters. You can go to Xbox live, my online nhl 12 and then download rosters. Sometimes they do not put the latest update in that section though.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#44 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

No you do not need gold to update rosters. You can go to Xbox live, my online nhl 12 and then download rosters. Sometimes they do not put the latest update in that section though.

I did that, but there were still too many errors.

For one thing, Prospal and Frolov are still listed as Rangers, while Draper and Modano are still on the Wings roster. There's a lot of other examples as well. Pretty much every team has some kind of obvious roster error.

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:24 PM

lol

Actually, I just realized they updated the roster again several days ago, which fixed most of the roster issues from the last update.

So yes, you should just buy the game now and download updated rosters every couple of weeks as they come out.

#46 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:57 PM

I played the demo and I don't have NHL 10, so I don't know how similar or different it is.

The camera view is awesome for "Be a Pro", but not as lively for the regular game modes. Like I've said before, I don't like the stagnant 2-Dimensional camera modes. They're boring. I'll be doing the "Be a Pro" a lot and may just learn to love it.

I like how the opposing defense isn't afraid to challenge and plays relatively smarter than other hockey games I've played.

The faceoffs are impossible to win. Looks like that'll take some time to perfect.

I had trouble with the shooting motions, but that'll probably take time to learn. You have to aim with the left stick and do some rotational motion with the right stick. Just pressing R3 and aiming with the left stick would have been easier.

The camera for be a pro has been like that for several years now, at least the last time I played it...09 maybe? I like it, for that mode. In a game I need to be all the players, I prefer an above view. To each their own. I don't think I ever saw that view offered as an alternate in other modes, only when they make you be one player.

The AI was significantly improved this year. They added anticipation AI that gives them the ability to anticipate what will happen next. Giving them that important first step for breakouts, etc. The defense seems to be more aggressive at times. Still testing all the AI, but in previous years they had a horrible scenario where you could have 2-1 or 2-0 and the other man across the ice would cut across to your side completely ruining any chance for a good one timer. So far, I haven't seen anything dumb like that.

Faceoffs are about timing. Take the faceoff tutorial the game has, it will teach you the caveats to body position and how to grip the stick. Then you gotta get the timing down.

The only gripe I have about the aiming/shooting, and I have had for years, is that you aim with the same joystick you skate with. In the end, doesn't end up being a huge deal, but you are kind of inclined to shoot a wrister in some what the same direction as your player is skating. Just never really made sense to me.

On that note, rosters have always been notoriously wrong. Especially before regular season. I had Modano early on this year already and then he was replaced with Conner. I don't remember if they updated again or not, I really could care less at times since a lot of players on the game at that level are interchangeable.

The biggest thing I noticed this year, probably came with the new physics engine, is that lower rated players have a higher chance of losing the puck when trying to stick handle. My 3rd and 4th liners are losing the puck like crazy on breakouts and stick handling. Guess it's my turn to adjust.

When a new version comes out, I play the CPU a few times on All Star, then I head to online. The CPU is WAY too easy to line up. You won't be able to do the same online, not to everyone anyways. I think you get the most dynamic opponent in an online match versus playing a stupid computer that will never learn or think the way a human does. The only thing, well two things, that drives me crazy about the hitting is that 1) hip checks are the be-all-end-all and players act like a freight train hit them even if its a love tap, and 2) they always make the Wings weak. I rarely get the kind of charity hits other teams get the benefit. I'm not complaining, I can win games with 2 hits, just saying... :ranting:

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot goalie interactions. Some people online just want to fight constantly with goalies, that seems to be toning down now that the game has been out longer. However, I have had some stupid goals where the play is interference, the goalie obviously gets run over, and they let it go. It slides right under him as someone suggested earlier in this thread. I have seen a few goals called back and even some penalties resulting, so they do call it both ways. I'd almost rather try my odds at running over a goalie, who cares about a 5-4, shorties are easy in this game anyways. Which sucks, because I hate 'glitches' like that.

Sorry for the essay, but what I was really trying to say was....anybody wanna play on 360?

Edited by rrasco, 26 September 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#47 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the information everyone. I had 09 and updated the rosters just fine, got 11 and had problems updating the roster and well it never happened.

So with luck 12 will go smooth. Normally I draft my own team but this time I may just take the wings and rebuild them with the youth. Should be fun and challenging.

#48 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Got the game today, spent about 2 hours working on my roster. Editing lines mostly, i made them as close to our real lines as possible. Same with the Gryphons but i'm missing some guys. I made 1 trade and it was Erickson and a 1st rounder to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins who I have in the minors this year.

Although I may call him up cause I have Abs as the centre on the 4th line and his faceoffs suck.

I really wanna keep the team in tact as much as possible which is why i'm not going crazy on trades. I'm hoping to get a good Dman in the off season via free agency.

One thing though, I couldn't find Nyquist. I also found with default settings the lower lines were not playing much so I cranked fatigue on my side and computer side to get the lines rolling.

Having fun so far.

#49 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hoping someone can help me. I'm curious on the rules for unsigned draft picks. I noticed I have a few unsigned guys like Almqvist. He is 20 years old, it's in January now in my sim. I'm just curious on what the cut off point is for me to sign him or he walks type thing.

I checked all the in game help and didn't see anything on this at all. Also he isn't in the AHL and there is another logo by his name, my tv sucks so it's hard to tell what it is lol. I'm assuming he is in another league and will still improve.

Can anyone confirm and explain as most of this is newer or newish or changed from 09

Lastly anyone know where gustav nyquist is? He does not appear to be in my organization. I'm running with the October 10th update I believe.

#50 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

maybe its just me but doess anyone elses be a pro player have a horrible plus/minus? right now ive played 50 games and my plus/minus is at -40 .could be that i was drafted 1st overall by phoenix. :scared: :ph34r:

#51 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

11-1 ranked 3,3117 on online so far! :)

Only loss came to the f'n game freezing up causing me to shut off my xbox. :ranting:

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt, 08 November 2011 - 11:30 AM.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#52 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

maybe its just me but doess anyone elses be a pro player have a horrible plus/minus? right now ive played 50 games and my plus/minus is at -40 .could be that i was drafted 1st overall by phoenix. :scared: :ph34r:

I haven't been drafted yet so no. I was worried about the draft. I kinda want to go to edmonton as I'm a centre and then I could play with some good young wingers but who knows what is gonna happen

#53 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

I haven't been drafted yet so no. I was worried about the draft. I kinda want to go to edmonton as I'm a centre and then I could play with some good young wingers but who knows what is gonna happen

I'm guessing it also depends on the age of your pro. For instance, don't you have to be 20 to play in the AHL? My pro is 19, so I should be drafted the next season. But if yours is like 16, you may have to wait another year.

#54 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

NHL 12 is the worst game of the next-gen EA NHL series. It has a plethora of issues, and EA shows no interest in solving them. Frustration within the community has really reached dire levels; EA is likely to lose a lot of its hardcore customers. I'm probably going to be one of those, because this game is a travesty.

Now I'm hoping that 2K begins making hockey games again. Perhaps they'll put out a decent one, or perhaps it'll at least restore the motivation that EA so obviously lacks to make a good hockey game now that they have no competition whatsoever.

#55 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

Hoping someone can help me. I'm curious on the rules for unsigned draft picks. I noticed I have a few unsigned guys like Almqvist. He is 20 years old, it's in January now in my sim. I'm just curious on what the cut off point is for me to sign him or he walks type thing.

I checked all the in game help and didn't see anything on this at all. Also he isn't in the AHL and there is another logo by his name, my tv sucks so it's hard to tell what it is lol. I'm assuming he is in another league and will still improve.

Can anyone confirm and explain as most of this is newer or newish or changed from 09

Lastly anyone know where gustav nyquist is? He does not appear to be in my organization. I'm running with the October 10th update I believe.

nyquist isn't in the game yet. there are tons of rules for using players rights. had he stayed in the nhl he could be put in as nhl players are automatically eligible to be used after playing 1 game. with ahl players, they have to sign their waiver to be used in media. there is unfortunately no enforced deadline for this happening. so often times ahl players dont show up till much later in the year as updates come out. this issue is particularly troublesome with guys from college or europe as they might not have previously been in the game on a previous team. with most of the guys coming out of the chl, they are already in the game for their old chl teams so they can be found in GM mode. that is the logo you see by those players names. it shows the league logo for whichever chl league they are in. when the game was first released many of those guys weren't on the grifs so you had to move them to the nhl, then down to the ahl to get them out of the chl section.

regarding your question about when you have to sign someone, i am not sure how the game handles it. whenever i play, i have usually signed the guys i want to keep by then and moved who i didn't want. from what i have heard others say there is not any warning in the offseason that you will lose the guys, but not 100% on that.

NHL 12 is the worst game of the next-gen EA NHL series. It has a plethora of issues, and EA shows no interest in solving them. Frustration within the community has really reached dire levels; EA is likely to lose a lot of its hardcore customers. I'm probably going to be one of those, because this game is a travesty.

Now I'm hoping that 2K begins making hockey games again. Perhaps they'll put out a decent one, or perhaps it'll at least restore the motivation that EA so obviously lacks to make a good hockey game now that they have no competition whatsoever.

i agree with you. did you catch the thread on the ea forums where the dev account basically said that the glitch where you can knock the puck from the goalie wasn't going to get fixed until next year and that teams should just do it back as revenge?!???!?! f-ing pathetic. ea is totally screwing up this franchise. it has went downhill for 3 straight years. all they care about is introducing new ways for them to get rich on micro-transactions like boosts and HUT. so sad.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#56 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Check out this trade offer I got yesterday in my "Be A GM" mode at the deadline.

Dallas offered me Morrow for Hudler and McGrattan. :lol:

#57 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

Check out this trade offer I got yesterday in my "Be A GM" mode at the deadline.

Dallas offered me Morrow for Hudler and McGrattan. :lol:

i can see the trade logic is without well...logic. Im not all that impressed with the "improvements" for 12. Im a hardcore ea NHL fan too. I've been playing be a pro a lot lately, and the AI is stupid as ever... during overall gameplay its still way too easy to just wreck an opponent with checks. theres just.... a lot that is still wrong with the gameplay. I haven't started a GM mode yet but by the sounds of it its very similar to former years unfortunately. It took them how long just to implement retired jerseys? really?

#58 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

i can see the trade logic is without well...logic. Im not all that impressed with the "improvements" for 12. Im a hardcore ea NHL fan too. I've been playing be a pro a lot lately, and the AI is stupid as ever... during overall gameplay its still way too easy to just wreck an opponent with checks. theres just.... a lot that is still wrong with the gameplay. I haven't started a GM mode yet but by the sounds of it its very similar to former years unfortunately. It took them how long just to implement retired jerseys? really?

Yeah, I'm regretting that I bought this game. It does a lot of damage to my controller without much enjoyment in return.

My AI is stupid and there's too many "supermen" goalies who stop shots from everywhere. Worst of all is the penalties. The hitting from behind and game misconduct penalties are ridiculously handed out. I've had several guys get 5 minute majors for inteference, when it wasn't even interference.

And there's that freezing issue.........

#59 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

My AI is stupid and there's too many "supermen" goalies who stop shots from everywhere. Worst of all is the penalties. The hitting from behind and game misconduct penalties are ridiculously handed out. I've had several guys get 5 minute majors for inteference, when it wasn't even interference.

How are you getting 5 minute major when there is not even one penalty called in my games (yes there turned on), I can go out and take a run at someone and no call.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#60 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

How are you getting 5 minute major when there is not even one penalty called in my games (yes there turned on), I can go out and take a run at someone and no call.

Oh, there's not many penalties called in my game either (and I have penalty sliders all the way up).

It's just that when they do call a penalty, it's something ridiculous most of the time.

And the legit penalties are frustrating as well. Players will appear to have their side to me, and then as I hit them, they'll fall face first into the boards, and I'll get called for boarding. On replay, it shows that the player magically turned their back to me as I was in the process of a hit, giving me no time to avoid the contact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users