72 replies to this topic

#61 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

Oh, there's not many penalties called in my game either (and I have penalty sliders all the way up).

It's just that when they do call a penalty, it's something ridiculous most of the time.

And the legit penalties are frustrating as well. Players will appear to have their side to me, and then as I hit them, they'll fall face first into the boards, and I'll get called for boarding. On replay, it shows that the player magically turned their back to me as I was in the process of a hit, giving me no time to avoid the contact.

I know what your saying, the most frustrating one is tripping. Ugh, looks so bad, half the time I don't even do it. Also I hate how everytime you tripp someone in the defense zone on a rush, it's a penalty shot everytime. Its so stupid, and yet I still play it a lot because it seems like it's the only game I don't get bored of.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#62 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:13 AM

played many games in my Be A Pro season in the OHL w/ Ottawa. Realized I probably wouldve got 200+ points if i played every game (at All Star level) so i stared playing every 5th game. finished the year w/ 120 points. my team got knocked out in the 2nd round. Wasn't drafted unto the 2nd round. 1st pick in the 2nd round by the Blue Jackets. They were last in the league with like 30 wins.

#63 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

I've been playing GM mode a lot and I'm wondering if anyone could help me out, I have a bunch of questions.

In regards to strategies which ones should i use? is staggered the best defensive set up? or should a good defensive team use collapsing or tight point? if i have a tough physical team should i have a high forecheck? or does a high forecheck work best with skilled offensive players? defensive players? should my lines be set up pwf-ply-snp? and if so what strategy do i run? what kinds of players should be running the overload? behind the net? basically i could go on and on with questions. if anyone has knowledge about setting up good lines and picking good strategies id much appreciate it.

#64 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

I've been playing GM mode a lot and I'm wondering if anyone could help me out, I have a bunch of questions.

In regards to strategies which ones should i use? is staggered the best defensive set up? or should a good defensive team use collapsing or tight point? if i have a tough physical team should i have a high forecheck? or does a high forecheck work best with skilled offensive players? defensive players? should my lines be set up pwf-ply-snp? and if so what strategy do i run? what kinds of players should be running the overload? behind the net? basically i could go on and on with questions. if anyone has knowledge about setting up good lines and picking good strategies id much appreciate it.

First, a question: do you simulate or play the game yourself?
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#65 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

First, a question: do you simulate or play the game yourself?

i play prolly about 20% of the season games and sim the rest. its the simming im trying to figure out.

#66 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

i play prolly about 20% of the season games and sim the rest. its the simming im trying to figure out.

I'm really not so sure how tactics affect the game when simulating. But basically I always build my team in the same way.

Lines always look like this:

PLY-PLY-SNP or PLY-PWF-TWF (these don't have to be in this order, you can have SNP as the C for example)
PLY-PLY-SNP or PLY-PWF-TWF
TWF-TWF-TWF
GRN-GRN-GRN (get some tough GRN's here, but never TGH's -I've got guys like Zenon Konopka and Brad Winchester and they build up my ovr team toughness)
+ PLY, GRN (extra forwards, I prefer them both being centers)

OFD-DFD
DFD-OFD
TWD-TWD
+ TWD

For D always try to build it that you have 3 rights and 3 lefts + the extra D.

PP1: 1st line + OFD-OFD
PP2: 2nd line + TWD-TWD

PK1: TWF-TWF + DFD-DFD
PK2: GRN-TWF + TWD-TWD

That's how I build up the lines ALWAYS. The D needs to be very balanced, like right now my guys are (87, 85, 85, 83, 83). That's because everyone plays pretty even minutes. OFD play only in offensive situations, so you get guys who are good offensively etc. And this is the reason I just traded Zach Bogosian (87, TWD) who I had on the OFD-spot for Erik Karlsson (85, OFD). Both are the same age and have B- potential, but Karlsson has better offensive talent although Bogosian is better overall. But I don't really wanna pay extra money (1,5M in this case) for Bogosian being good defensively since he won't PK anyway. Karlsson fits perfectly.

For goalies I don't like anyone playing like +65 games. But it depends how good they are - right now I've got 89 and 85 overall so I play them like 3 games, 2 games, 3 games etc.

For strategies: high pressure, tight point, large box, 1-2-2 high, full attack, overload, overload, behind the net, crash the net, shooting. That's how I fill them when I play with this counter-attack strategy - at least it works when I'm playing myself. I always play the 4 pre-season games, because I feel like there's a bug where the injury risk is huge when simming through those games. I also may play some playoff games, if I really wanna win the Cup.

For AHL it's basically the same strategy except what kinda players to get. DO NOT sign any players that you really don't see having any kinda chance of cracking YOUR lineup in the future. So basically potential and age are key here, even more important than overall. 78 is the limit where player demands a one-way deal (77 you can still get them two-way) so keep that in mind. You don't want one-way deals in the minors. Right now my AHL team has one 25yr old, two 24yr olds, one 23yr old and then the rest aged 20-22.

I also have one rule when re-signing my players. The maximum amount of years is 8 in the game, so when I have a future star aged 21 for example rather signing the 8yr deal I only sign him for 5 years, so he's still RFA when that contract ends. And when it's finally a last year of him being RFA I offer him that 8yr deal. The reason for this is to guarantee you don't lose superstars for nothing. If you have a A potential 23 year old and you sign him for 4 years, he's an UFA when the deal ends. He might have gotten even 8 better in overall and demand a salary you can't pay because you don't have the cap room. So you'd lose him for nothing. When he's an RFA you'd get 1st rounders etc. for compensation.

Okay that was just all that quickly came to my mind. The text might be kinda hard to read because it's 4am here and I wrote it in less than 10mins.

edit: Just for fun, I'd like to add my Winnipeg Jets from 2014-2015.

Gagne (84) - Zetterberg (92) - Nash (90)
Kane (88) - Burmistrov (87) - Little (85)
Hagman (81) - Cormier (82) - Jones (82)
Winchester (81) - Konopka (81) - Jackman (81)
+ O'Dell (78), McCormick (80)

Enström (85) - Greene (87)
Allen (85) - Karlsson (85)
Colaiacovo (83) - Wideman (83)
+ Hainsey (83)

Pavelec (89)
Kiprusoff (85)

And I've made ONLY ONE TRADE MYSELF. And that was Bogosian + 7th rounder for Karlsson (offense always costs a little extra). So basically everyone are either free agent signing or CPU offering me a trade. Just FYI when YOU try to make a trade yourself you always have to overpay, but when you're the seller you get more. Just like in real life. So always keep the trading block filled and be sharp at the trade deadline and draft day (I got Zetterberg for Antropov+ and Nash for Ladd+ that way).

Edited by Finnish Wing, 01 February 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#67 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

I'm really not so sure how tactics affect the game when simulating. But basically I always build my team in the same way.

Lines always look like this:

PLY-PLY-SNP or PLY-PWF-TWF (these don't have to be in this order, you can have SNP as the C for example)
PLY-PLY-SNP or PLY-PWF-TWF
TWF-TWF-TWF
GRN-GRN-GRN (get some tough GRN's here, but never TGH's -I've got guys like Zenon Konopka and Brad Winchester and they build up my ovr team toughness)
+ PLY, GRN (extra forwards, I prefer them both being centers)

OFD-DFD
DFD-OFD
TWD-TWD
+ TWD

For D always try to build it that you have 3 rights and 3 lefts + the extra D.

PP1: 1st line + OFD-OFD
PP2: 2nd line + TWD-TWD

PK1: TWF-TWF + DFD-DFD
PK2: GRN-TWF + TWD-TWD

That's how I build up the lines ALWAYS. The D needs to be very balanced, like right now my guys are (87, 85, 85, 83, 83). That's because everyone plays pretty even minutes. OFD play only in offensive situations, so you get guys who are good offensively etc. And this is the reason I just traded Zach Bogosian (87, TWD) who I had on the OFD-spot for Erik Karlsson (85, OFD). Both are the same age and have B- potential, but Karlsson has better offensive talent although Bogosian is better overall. But I don't really wanna pay extra money (1,5M in this case) for Bogosian being good defensively since he won't PK anyway. Karlsson fits perfectly.

For goalies I don't like anyone playing like +65 games. But it depends how good they are - right now I've got 89 and 85 overall so I play them like 3 games, 2 games, 3 games etc.

For strategies: high pressure, tight point, large box, 1-2-2 high, full attack, overload, overload, behind the net, crash the net, shooting. That's how I fill them when I play with this counter-attack strategy - at least it works when I'm playing myself. I always play the 4 pre-season games, because I feel like there's a bug where the injury risk is huge when simming through those games. I also may play some playoff games, if I really wanna win the Cup.

For AHL it's basically the same strategy except what kinda players to get. DO NOT sign any players that you really don't see having any kinda chance of cracking YOUR lineup in the future. So basically potential and age are key here, even more important than overall. 78 is the limit where player demands a one-way deal (77 you can still get them two-way) so keep that in mind. You don't want one-way deals in the minors. Right now my AHL team has one 25yr old, two 24yr olds, one 23yr old and then the rest aged 20-22.

I also have one rule when re-signing my players. The maximum amount of years is 8 in the game, so when I have a future star aged 21 for example rather signing the 8yr deal I only sign him for 5 years, so he's still RFA when that contract ends. And when it's finally a last year of him being RFA I offer him that 8yr deal. The reason for this is to guarantee you don't lose superstars for nothing. If you have a A potential 23 year old and you sign him for 4 years, he's an UFA when the deal ends. He might have gotten even 8 better in overall and demand a salary you can't pay because you don't have the cap room. So you'd lose him for nothing. When he's an RFA you'd get 1st rounders etc. for compensation.

Okay that was just all that quickly came to my mind. The text might be kinda hard to read because it's 4am here and I wrote it in less than 10mins.

edit: Just for fun, I'd like to add my Winnipeg Jets from 2014-2015.

Gagne (84) - Zetterberg (92) - Nash (90)
Kane (88) - Burmistrov (87) - Little (85)
Hagman (81) - Cormier (82) - Jones (82)
Winchester (81) - Konopka (81) - Jackman (81)
+ O'Dell (78), McCormick (80)

Enström (85) - Greene (87)
Allen (85) - Karlsson (85)
Colaiacovo (83) - Wideman (83)
+ Hainsey (83)

Pavelec (89)
Kiprusoff (85)

And I've made ONLY ONE TRADE MYSELF. And that was Bogosian + 7th rounder for Karlsson (offense always costs a little extra). So basically everyone are either free agent signing or CPU offering me a trade. Just FYI when YOU try to make a trade yourself you always have to overpay, but when you're the seller you get more. Just like in real life. So always keep the trading block filled and be sharp at the trade deadline and draft day (I got Zetterberg for Antropov+ and Nash for Ladd+ that way).

def a good point about the RFA's. i alwayds sign them to 8 yr deals right out the door.

#68 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

For the first time ever, we fans get to choose who will grace the cover of NHL 13. Voting starts today so go here to vote: http://covervote.nhl.com/:b=firefox11/#/ballot

for the red wings it will be either Datsyuk or Howard.

here is the full link:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=624651&print=true

Eastern Conference

Bruins Tuukka Rask vs. Tyler Seguin Lightning Steven Stamkos vs. Victor Hedman
Canadiens P.K. Subban vs. Tomas Plekanec Maple Leafs Phil Kessel vs. Tyler Bozak
Capitals John Carlson vs. Brooks Laich Panthers Stephen Weiss vs. Tomas Fleischmann
Devils Ilya Kovalchuk vs. Adam Larsson Penguins Evgeni Malkin vs. Marc-Andre Fleury
Flyers Claude Giroux vs. Scott Hartnell Rangers Henrik Lundqvist vs. Brad Richards
Hurricanes Eric Staal vs. Jeff Skinner Sabres Derek Roy vs. Thomas Vanek
Islanders John Tavares vs. Michael Grabner Senators Erik Karlsson vs. Jason Spezza
Jets Evander Kane vs. Andrew Ladd

Western Conference

Avalanche Matt Duchene vs. Gabriel Landeskog Kings Anze Kopitar vs. Drew Doughty
Blackhawks Patrick Sharp vs. Duncan Keith Oilers Jordan Eberle vs. Taylor Hall
Blue Jackets R.J. Umberger vs. Ryan Johansen Predators David Legwand vs. Pekka Rinne
Blues T.J. Oshie vs. David Perron Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk vs. Jimmy Howard
Canucks Henrik Sedin vs. Alex Burrows Sharks Logan Couture vs. Brent Burns
Coyotes Shane Doan vs. Keith Yandle Stars Loui Eriksson vs. Jamie Benn
Ducks Corey Perry vs. Jonas Hiller Wild Mikko Koivu vs. Niklas Backstrom
Flames Mikael Backlund vs. Matt Stajan

#69 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Ok I just got done with my first season in Be A GM Mode and I made it past the draft and I'm, at the Re-Sign Phase. I've Tendered Offers to my RFA's and signed the UFA's that I wanted to keep. Now a lot of my junior players have a status of UNSIGNED and I guess I'm a little confused. Do I have to sign them to a new contrace or lose them or does the game keep them on my roster until a later date? I tried signing as many as a could at one point but had to Exit without saving becasue I had to many outstanding contracts and a full roster. I'm a little confused, How do I keep my players that are Junior/CHL until I can get them up to the AHL and NHL?? Do I have to sign them now or will they stay on my roster? I don't want to lose all of them and especially the ones I've just drafted. Any help is greatly apprecaited as it seems I just don't understand the contract part of the game and keeping all the players I want and assigning them to their respective leagues until I can figure out what to do with them when it comes time for them to come up to the NHL. Thanks in advance.

#70 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Ok I just got done with my first season in Be A GM Mode and I made it past the draft and I'm, at the Re-Sign Phase. I've Tendered Offers to my RFA's and signed the UFA's that I wanted to keep. Now a lot of my junior players have a status of UNSIGNED and I guess I'm a little confused. Do I have to sign them to a new contrace or lose them or does the game keep them on my roster until a later date? I tried signing as many as a could at one point but had to Exit without saving becasue I had to many outstanding contracts and a full roster. I'm a little confused, How do I keep my players that are Junior/CHL until I can get them up to the AHL and NHL?? Do I have to sign them now or will they stay on my roster? I don't want to lose all of them and especially the ones I've just drafted. Any help is greatly apprecaited as it seems I just don't understand the contract part of the game and keeping all the players I want and assigning them to their respective leagues until I can figure out what to do with them when it comes time for them to come up to the NHL. Thanks in advance.

If I remember right you have two years to sign drafted players before they turn into UFA. Players who have been drafted from the CHL have to be 20 years old before they can play in the AHL. European players have no age-restrictions. Remember that the contract limit is 50. So don't sign drafted players too early if (CHL) they can't crack in your NHL lineup - and they usually can't - or (European leagues) can't crack your AHL lineup. Players under 20 will continue developing even if you haven't signed them and don't play for your AHL or NHL team. I'm not 100% sure if players drafted from the European leagues develop even after that. But promising CHL players should be playing hockey all the time to develop, so if they're 20 and too old for CHL, sign them and move them to the AHL so they can continue developing.

#71 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

If I remember right you have two years to sign drafted players before they turn into UFA. Players who have been drafted from the CHL have to be 20 years old before they can play in the AHL. European players have no age-restrictions. Remember that the contract limit is 50. So don't sign drafted players too early if (CHL) they can't crack in your NHL lineup - and they usually can't - or (European leagues) can't crack your AHL lineup. Players under 20 will continue developing even if you haven't signed them and don't play for your AHL or NHL team. I'm not 100% sure if players drafted from the European leagues develop even after that. But promising CHL players should be playing hockey all the time to develop, so if they're 20 and too old for CHL, sign them and move them to the AHL so they can continue developing.

Thanks so much for the help, I'll remember I have two years to sign drafted players, that will give me time to make roster adjustments and bring up players that I need to bring up and not lose any or many players. Thanks.

#72 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

Anybody use to play HUT on ps3 but doesn't anymore?

Posted Image

#73 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Anybody use to play HUT on ps3 but doesn't anymore?

I could never get into HUT on 360.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users