193 replies to this topic

#1 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:26 PM

@CraigCustance
"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

#2 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

When you lose a guy like Rafi you probably can't afford to not be open to a trade.

#3 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:28 PM

@CraigCustance
"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

The Bogosian rumour was near the trade deadline and the Green 'rumour' was speculation on the part of a hockey columnist (he even said it was pure speculation).
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#4 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

The Bogosian rumour was near the trade deadline and the Green 'rumour' was speculation on the part of a hockey columnist (he even said it was pure speculation).

Agreed. Even though if Ken Holland is looking for a trade, there are only so many names that make sense.

#5 CAredwingsfan91

CAredwingsfan91

I'm back!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

Green is AWFUL no thank you.
You shook Sinatra's hand, you should know better.

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Bogo could be had for a reasonable price, since it would just be trading for rights... we REALLY do need at LEAST 1 more right handed dman though, it he trades for Bogo and signs Bieksa, I'd be ok with that for the off-season...

I still want to see them sign Bieksa and Montador(a more modest contract and fills the bottom pairing need) and really hit FA hard next year when we most likely will need a true number 1 d-man or decide on going by committee... *cough* Brent Burns *cough*... also keep in mind, we will need to re-sign Kronwall and Stuart next year (2012)

There's not much out there in trade market for d-men either right now... sign Bieksa and Montador, give Kindl an everyday spot and some PP time and call it a day...

If Ericsson thinks he deserves more than 2m, he can walk...

Edited by stevkrause, 25 May 2011 - 01:50 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#7 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

Green is AWFUL no thank you.

Green is a very good offensive defenseman. Not sure he'd be worth what he would cost in a trade though. Especially with Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, and Bieksa as UFA who can fill the same slot.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#8 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

I'd trade Hudler and a 2 cases of Vernors to the Atlanta Predators just for the rights to Weber (does it work that way?).

Remember, Weber was Lidstroms first overall pick in the All Star Game. Weren't they like a plus 25 or something combined?!! After himself, HE STARTED HIS FRIKIN TEAM WITH SHEA WEBER!

#9 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Instead of Bogosian...

What would you guys think of Tobias Enstrom? An established, 50+ point scoring, puck-moving defenseman.

Atlanta's rebuilding, so maybe there's a deal to be had there.

#10 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, I personally wouldn't really want Mike Green just because I would think Washington would want a fairly substantial return. I'm not saying he doesnt produce from the back end but there may be better fits for this team
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#11 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

If Ericsson thinks he deserves more than 2m, he can walk...

When he and his agent walk into Kenny's office for negotiations, Kenny will have a loop playing on the flatscreen of Ericcson getting spun around on a soft move by Jumbo Joe for a goal. :D

After Joe Thornton skated from his own end and poked the puck around Jonathan Ericsson, he found Setoguchi, who wristed a shot past Jimmy Howard to complete the hat trick.

#12 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Yeah, I personally wouldn't really want Mike Green just because I would think Washington would want a fairly substantial return. I'm not saying he doesnt produce from the back end but there may be better fits for this team

Maybe be can re-sign Lang and trade him to Wash for Green straight up, thus completing the cycle, haha
:hehe:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#13 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

@CraigCustance

Draft. Draft. Draft.

Trade up for Adam Larsson :ph34r:

Please do it Kenny.

#14 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Instead of Bogosian...

What would you guys think of Tobias Enstrom? An established, 50+ point scoring, puck-moving defenseman.

True North has deep pockets and wants to keep their stars, I don't see them even letting Bogo go now, I'm sure even he is off the table, but I think there's ZERO chance they trade Enstrom, unless it's for a kings ransom... he's young, cheap still and has tons of upside, plus already showing skill as you stated... no way WINNIPEG lets him go...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#15 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Instead of Bogosian...

If the price for Bogo may be high I don't even want to think of what the price for Enstrom would be

#16 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Draft. Draft. Draft.

Trade up for Adam Larsson :ph34r:

Please do it Kenny.

He looked STELLAR at the Olympics and pretty good at the worlds...

EDIT - for fact-checking

I wonder how high he'll go at the draft... and I don't think we can afford moving up that high to grab him... also, there's the fact that he's most likely going to need some AHL seasoning first, so although he'd be a nice addition, he wouldn't fix our immediate need...

Edited by stevkrause, 25 May 2011 - 02:04 PM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#17 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

Instead of Bogosian...

One of the league's best defensemen. Would love to have him. He is about as close to Lidstrom as you'll find in the NHL. Excellent two-way defenseman who plays positional defense rather than physical defense. If we can get him, he'd be about the perfect replacement for Nick because he's basically a copy of Nick, only not quite as good.

#18 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

True North has deep pockets and wants to keep their stars, I don't see them even letting Bogo go now, I'm sure even he is off the table, but I think there's ZERO chance they trade Enstrom, unless it's for a kings ransom... he's young, cheap still and has tons of upside, plus already showing skill as you stated... no way WINNIPEG lets him go...

I agree...for the most part. If the team does in fact move to Winnipeg True North will absolutely want to retain it's players. The only thing is I could potentially see some issues arising with some of the unsigned/RFAs who may not particularly want to play in Winnipeg. This could pose problems in retaining these players. If the contract negotiations get rough because of this trading or not signing these players may be the better route for Winnipeg.

#19 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Maybe be can re-sign Lang and trade him to Wash for Green straight up, thus completing the cycle, haha
:hehe:

Lupul/Pronger, but more direct?

#20 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

He looked STELLAR at the Olympics and pretty good at the worlds...

EDIT - for fact-checking

I wonder how high he'll go at the draft... and I don't think we can afford moving up that high to grab him... also, there's the fact that he's most likely going to need some AHL seasoning first, so although he'd be a nice addition, he wouldn't fix our immediate need...

Agreed that the move up would likely take too much, but I like the prospect of adding a future piece to the puzzle. Along with it, I'd add someone else, obviously, to lessen the blow now. He's physically mature enough to play at a high level, so I'm not sure about the need for seasoning. Knowing the Red Wings' philosophy though, he'd have to anyway.

It would be nice to fix more than the "immediate" needs in my opinion, as outside of Smith I have a hard time seeing any of the defensive prospects as real pieces of the future. Maybe someone like Almqvist or Marshall will surprise me, but we'll see.

Either way, I don't anticipate this is a move we would ever see, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love for it to happen

Edit: Clarity.

Edited by Jesusberg, 25 May 2011 - 02:12 PM.