• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Ken Holland: Open to trade to replace Rafalski

Rate this topic

@CraigCustance

"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

@CraigCustance

"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

The Bogosian rumour was near the trade deadline and the Green 'rumour' was speculation on the part of a hockey columnist (he even said it was pure speculation).

The Bogosian rumour was near the trade deadline and the Green 'rumour' was speculation on the part of a hockey columnist (he even said it was pure speculation).

Agreed. Even though if Ken Holland is looking for a trade, there are only so many names that make sense.

Bogo could be had for a reasonable price, since it would just be trading for rights... we REALLY do need at LEAST 1 more right handed dman though, it he trades for Bogo and signs Bieksa, I'd be ok with that for the off-season...

I still want to see them sign Bieksa and Montador(a more modest contract and fills the bottom pairing need) and really hit FA hard next year when we most likely will need a true number 1 d-man or decide on going by committee... *cough* Brent Burns *cough*... also keep in mind, we will need to re-sign Kronwall and Stuart next year (2012)

There's not much out there in trade market for d-men either right now... sign Bieksa and Montador, give Kindl an everyday spot and some PP time and call it a day...

If Ericsson thinks he deserves more than 2m, he can walk...

Edited by stevkrause

I'd trade Hudler and a 2 cases of Vernors to the Atlanta Predators just for the rights to Weber (does it work that way?).

Remember, Weber was Lidstroms first overall pick in the All Star Game. Weren't they like a plus 25 or something combined?!! After himself, HE STARTED HIS FRIKIN TEAM WITH SHEA WEBER!

If Ericsson thinks he deserves more than 2m, he can walk...

When he and his agent walk into Kenny's office for negotiations, Kenny will have a loop playing on the flatscreen of Ericcson getting spun around on a soft move by Jumbo Joe for a goal. :D

After Joe Thornton skated from his own end and poked the puck around Jonathan Ericsson, he found Setoguchi, who wristed a shot past Jimmy Howard to complete the hat trick.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't really want Mike Green just because I would think Washington would want a fairly substantial return. I'm not saying he doesnt produce from the back end but there may be better fits for this team

Maybe be can re-sign Lang and trade him to Wash for Green straight up, thus completing the cycle, haha

:hehe:

@CraigCustance

Draft. Draft. Draft.

Trade up for Adam Larsson :ph34r:

Please do it Kenny.

Instead of Bogosian...

What would you guys think of Tobias Enstrom? An established, 50+ point scoring, puck-moving defenseman.

Atlanta's rebuilding, so maybe there's a deal to be had there.

True North has deep pockets and wants to keep their stars, I don't see them even letting Bogo go now, I'm sure even he is off the table, but I think there's ZERO chance they trade Enstrom, unless it's for a kings ransom... he's young, cheap still and has tons of upside, plus already showing skill as you stated... no way WINNIPEG lets him go...

Instead of Bogosian...

What would you guys think of Tobias Enstrom? An established, 50+ point scoring, puck-moving defenseman.

If the price for Bogo may be high I don't even want to think of what the price for Enstrom would be

Draft. Draft. Draft.

Trade up for Adam Larsson :ph34r:

Please do it Kenny.

He looked STELLAR at the Olympics and pretty good at the worlds...

EDIT - for fact-checking

I wonder how high he'll go at the draft... and I don't think we can afford moving up that high to grab him... also, there's the fact that he's most likely going to need some AHL seasoning first, so although he'd be a nice addition, he wouldn't fix our immediate need...

Edited by stevkrause

Instead of Bogosian...

One of the league's best defensemen. Would love to have him. He is about as close to Lidstrom as you'll find in the NHL. Excellent two-way defenseman who plays positional defense rather than physical defense. If we can get him, he'd be about the perfect replacement for Nick because he's basically a copy of Nick, only not quite as good.

True North has deep pockets and wants to keep their stars, I don't see them even letting Bogo go now, I'm sure even he is off the table, but I think there's ZERO chance they trade Enstrom, unless it's for a kings ransom... he's young, cheap still and has tons of upside, plus already showing skill as you stated... no way WINNIPEG lets him go...

I agree...for the most part. If the team does in fact move to Winnipeg True North will absolutely want to retain it's players. The only thing is I could potentially see some issues arising with some of the unsigned/RFAs who may not particularly want to play in Winnipeg. This could pose problems in retaining these players. If the contract negotiations get rough because of this trading or not signing these players may be the better route for Winnipeg.

He looked STELLAR at the Olympics and pretty good at the worlds...

EDIT - for fact-checking

I wonder how high he'll go at the draft... and I don't think we can afford moving up that high to grab him... also, there's the fact that he's most likely going to need some AHL seasoning first, so although he'd be a nice addition, he wouldn't fix our immediate need...

Agreed that the move up would likely take too much, but I like the prospect of adding a future piece to the puzzle. Along with it, I'd add someone else, obviously, to lessen the blow now. He's physically mature enough to play at a high level, so I'm not sure about the need for seasoning. Knowing the Red Wings' philosophy though, he'd have to anyway.

It would be nice to fix more than the "immediate" needs in my opinion, as outside of Smith I have a hard time seeing any of the defensive prospects as real pieces of the future. Maybe someone like Almqvist or Marshall will surprise me, but we'll see.

Either way, I don't anticipate this is a move we would ever see, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love for it to happen

Edit: Clarity.

Edited by Jesusberg

We need a right-handed defenceman to replace Raffy so Bogosian, Wisniewski or Bieksa would be a good choice. Green is too bad defensively and I think Weber will stay in Nashville.

Hudler and something (pick, prospect) for Brian Campbell. Much more realistic than anything else I've seen suggested here.

Things to consider:

Campbell has roughly the same impact on the cap as a matter of percentage that Rafalski did when the Wings signed him. Both have NTCs.

Their offensive skill sets are very close; Campbell is a bit larger and a little more well-rounded.

Campbell is locked up long term, but not to as old of an age as Raffi was on his current deal. The Wings have a history of doing well with players into their mid 30s.

Chicago needs cap space. Campbell could be available on the cheap.

Meanwhile, there are also some righty shot options in FA who could be cheaper additional acquisitions, giving us a blueline that includes Lidstrom, Campbell, Kronwall, Stuart, a righty shot and Kindl/Ericcson/Smith

Edited by Datsyerberger

With real trade bait lacking on the team, I think we can pretty much say goodbye to either Flip, Hudler, or Cleary.

I don't think anyone is "untouchable" short of Dats and Z, although it'd take one HELL of an offer to part with quite a few other guys (Helm, Kronwall, Cleary, Howard)

With the way Flip played in the playoffs, I'd hate to see him go, but we may be able to get the most for him... I don't think Cleary is going anywhere (see above) and I think Huds played his value too low to make it worth trading him, unless a team specifically wants him and essentially "overpays" to get him...

Hudler and something (pick, prospect) for Brian Campbell. Much more realistic than anything else I've seen suggested here.

Things to consider:

Campbell has roughly the same impact on the cap as a matter of percentage that Rafalski did when the Wings signed him. Both have NTCs.

Their offensive skill sets are very close; Campbell is a bit larger and a little more well-rounded.

Campbell is locked up long term, but not to as old of an age as Raffi was on his current deal. The Wings have a history of doing well with players into their mid 30s.

Chicago needs cap space. Campbell could be available on the cheap.

Meanwhile, there are also some righty shot options in FA who could be cheaper additional acquisitions, giving us a blueline that includes Lidstrom, Campbell, Kronwall, Stuart, a righty shot and Kindl/Ericcson/Smith

This is a joke, right?

MAYBE (and that's a HUGE maybe) I'd consider him if he were in the last year of his deal, where it was a one year try-out so to speak, but he is a turn over machine and is injury prone and makes more than 1m+ more than DATSYUK... no thanks...

Edited by stevkrause