• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Ken Holland: Open to trade to replace Rafalski

Rate this topic

With the kind of playoff he's having, the Wings might have to pay through the nose to get Biek-smirk, and I think even the $3.75 million he's makign is an overpayment. In order to keep Bieksa, they probably will say goodbye to Salo or Ehrhoff, or if they can get someone dumb enough to take him - Ballard.

@CraigCustance

"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

Started by LGW members. Holland has categorically denied the Bogo rumors numerous times.

Started by LGW members. Holland has categorically denied the Bogo rumors numerous times.

Where there's smoke, there's fire... I think there was some merit to it being presented at the deadline, now how far the talks went are a different thing, could have been as simple as a phone call just putting out feelers, it could have been a package they couldn't come to terms on in the 13th hour that fell through, that we'll never know and Holland is smart enough to play his cards close enough to his vest that we never will and that is one of the reasons he is such a good GM...

Now that they're moving to Winnipeg and owned by True North, I don't see them letting any of their stars get away... so the odds of Bogo being a Wing now probably dipped to <1%, whereas, before, who knows how high the chance was...

With the kind of playoff he's having, the Wings might have to pay through the nose to get Biek-smirk, and I think even the $3.75 million he's makign is an overpayment. In order to keep Bieksa, they probably will say goodbye to Salo or Ehrhoff, or if they can get someone dumb enough to take him - Ballard.

For the record, Ballard has a NTC (limits him to 7 teams he can restrict the Canucks to dealing him to)

Wasn't started here. It originated from the Windsor Star's Bob Duff. Got it from his Twitter. Obviously, it didn't pan out, but it had a bit more truth to it than just being an LGW rumor.

I'd trade Hudler and a 2 cases of Vernors to the Atlanta Predators just for the rights to Weber (does it work that way?).

Remember, Weber was Lidstroms first overall pick in the All Star Game. Weren't they like a plus 25 or something combined?!! After himself, HE STARTED HIS FRIKIN TEAM WITH SHEA WEBER!

david polie will never trade shea weber rights to anybody,especially not to detroit.

weber was not lidstroms first overall pick in the all star game,steven stamkos was first overall pick for team lidstrom .shea weber and lidstrom were plus 13 combined

I was listening to NHL Home Ice on XM this morning and they were saying someone is going to offer Bieksa between $4.5-$5m per year!!!! WOW

And Bill Clinton did NOT have sexual relations with that woman!

If it was even hinted! ANYWHERE, It has feet, maybe not legs!!!! but feet!

I was listening to NHL Home Ice on XM this morning and they were saying someone is going to offer Bieksa between $4.5-$5m per year!!!! WOW

Bieksa's good and all, but not as a top 2 defenseman on the Wings. That is what we need right now. Bieksa would be a good role player on this team but that's not what we need at the moment.

Bieksa's good and all, but not as a top 2 defenseman on the Wings. That is what we need right now. Bieksa would be a good role player on this team but that's not what we need at the moment.

Bieksa would be perfect here... physical, defensively solid and has a good shot... now, anything over 4m, and he's probably not worth it, but to say he's not what we need is wrong...

two people making the same joke?

Naw, i'm that person on HF if that's what ur talking about.

But seriously, that would be awesome trade. I know Campbell is over paid, but he's better then any FA out there. Only has 3 years left and we get rid of Hudler as well. I'd do it, then sign Wiz.

EDIT: he has about 5 yrs left, 3 was a typo.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

But seriously, that would be awesome trade. I know Campbell is over paid, but he's better then any FA out there. Only has 3 years left and we get rid of Hudler as well. I'd do it, then sign Wiz.

no, someone else in this thread suggested it and I think you're both clearly smoking something... it would be a HORRIBLE trade...

no, someone else in this thread suggested it and I think you're both clearly smoking something... it would be a HORRIBLE trade...

How so? Even tho Campbell is over-paid by about $1.5 mill, he is still an elite defenseman. Was Chicago's best defenseman in the series against Vancouver. The guy has some serious wheels. Then we let Ericsson go, and sign Wiz. In this scenario we'd also have a little bit of money to spend up front.

Holland also let in a few hints.

He said he was going to look at UFA both this year and 2012. This pretty much leaves out RFA and the idea that we will fix things in one shot.

He said we want to see what the young guys can do, but certainly wants to add a vet or two.

He said he will make some calls.

I think he has an idea of what he wants to do, but he seemed unsure as to the exact course.

Word also has it that Bieksa is the number one target, but that is a rumor from Mark Spizzirri.

How so? Even tho Campbell is over-paid by about $1.5 mill, he is still an elite defenseman. Was Chicago's best defenseman in the series against Vancouver. The guy has some serious wheels. Then we let Ericsson go, and sign Wiz. In this scenario we'd also have a little bit of money to spend up front.

Where should I start?

1. DRASTICALLY overpaid (by a lot more than 1.5m)

2. Has 3 YEARS left on said overpaid deal AND a NTC

3. Has been injured and missed almost a quarter of the season the last 2 years

4. in-division/in-conference trade

5. Specifically trading to the Hawks

6. ANOTHER left handed shot

He's not even overpaid. Unless Rafalski was in 07-08, because that's what his contract is comparable to. If Rafalski was overpaid then and we won a cup, then let's overpay some more players.

Of course, many posters here don't understand that cap number isn't the real figure that matters, the percentage of cap space a contract occupies is.

Rafalski's cap hit in 07-08 as a matter of percentage: 10.7%

Campbell's contract under a $63m cap hit: 11.2%

0.5% difference, equal to $315,000 under the current cap. If the cap rises $4m in the next 2 years (a rise well under average for a 2 year span since the cap's institution), Campbell's contract would equal 10.6% of our cap hit at the same age Rafalski joined the Wings and occupied 10.7% of the cap. And Campbell's contract carries him to the same age at which Rafalski retired--actually, I think a year younger(while putting up 48 points in 63 games, mind).

Given that they're close in skill sets, Campbell fills a hole at a much lower asset price than alternatives and a roughly equal cap price over the course of his contract. He's not my #1 option by any means, but he'd probably be the easiest to acquire for the relative talent level. Hudler and a pick/prospect probably gets that done if Bowman has any intentions of moving Campbell for cap space (and they need cap space, and they're paying a d-man for a level of play that doesn't fit the role on their team...)

Main downside is he's a lefty shot, but we can still pick up a 2nd pair quality righty shot gritty guy... you know, the sort available in FA right now.

And sorry guys, but conference/division doesn't have near the impact it does on trades in the post-cap world as compared to pre-cap. Plenty of big in-division deals have gone down post-cap.

Edited by Datsyerberger

your all looking at this like fans,(I KNOW)Kennysee's it? this is the chance to get the 2nd line scorer we need.

Kronner is going to move up to the 1st pairing with Nic snr (he will stay) and Hudler will be used in a trade with a

pick to get the a higher draft pick, at the end of next season,is when Kenny goes after the D man.

Kenny gets his much needed 2nd line guy with the extra money he has and also a solid 2nd pairing D man.

FA's of note;

Patrik Berglund,Andrew Ladd or Drew Stafford would be good.

Anton Babchuk,Andrej Sekeraor JanHejda. All would do a job on the 2nd pairing.

Hopefully Kenny has a high enough draft pick to get someone who can come on board as early as next year.

Where should I start?

1. DRASTICALLY overpaid (by a lot more than 1.5m)

2. Has 3 YEARS left on said overpaid deal AND a NTC

3. Has been injured and missed almost a quarter of the season the last 2 years

4. in-division/in-conference trade

5. Specifically trading to the Hawks

6. ANOTHER left handed shot

Yes, that's why you would trade for him, then let Ericsson go and sign Wiz as a FA. Campbell isn't "Drastically" over-paid, besides Markov he'd be the best defenseman on the UFA market this summer if he was. If Campbell was UFA this summer he'd get get $6+ mill easily. Christ, Bieksa is going to get about $5 mill lol

I'm not saying this trade is realistic, i know it won't happen but if it could i'd do it. Campbell has missed some time, but isn't injury prone imo.

Great post by Datsyerberger, I agree with everything. Especially the part that something like Hudler and a 2nd/3rd would get it done.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct

Yes, that's why you would trade for him, then let Ericsson go and sign Wiz as a FA. Campbell isn't "Drastically" over-paid, besides Markov he'd be the best defenseman on the UFA market this summer if he was. If Campbell was UFA this summer he'd get get $6+ mill easily. Christ, Bieksa is going to get about $5 mill lol

I'm not saying this trade is realistic, i know it won't happen but if it could i'd do it. Campbell has missed some time, but isn't injury prone imo.

Great post by Datsyerberger, I agree with everything. Especially the part that something like Hudler and a 2nd/3rd would get it done.

Agree to disagree then, because I think you're both WAY off on this thought...

Edited by stevkrause

Someone's got the news about Atlanta and Winnipeg on his mind..

Haha

As has been said many times here and in the media - Nashville will probably mortgage the farm to match any offers and keep Weber.

I'd trade Hudler and a 2 cases of Vernors to the Atlanta Predators just for the rights to Weber (does it work that way?).

Remember, Weber was Lidstroms first overall pick in the All Star Game. Weren't they like a plus 25 or something combined?!! After himself, HE STARTED HIS FRIKIN TEAM WITH SHEA WEBER!

The Bogo rumor was started by a writer for The Windsor Star, and he said he did not pursue that trade. That does not mean there wasn't an offer there.

Draft. Draft. Draft.

Trade up for Adam Larsson :ph34r:

Please do it Kenny.

I would like to know what makes you think that deal could get done?

Agree to disagree then, because I think you're both on WAY off on this thought...

Well, I've already demonstrated that their cap numbers are roughly equal relative to age, prime Rafalski and prime Campbell are relatively close in terms of ability/role (#2 offensive d-man), they're both cup winners, and Campbell has shown to fit very well into a puck possession team. Given that a deal could probably include Hudler, which would ensure that we still have plenty of room to sign another d-man, giving us a D group of Lidstrom, Kronwall, Campbell, Stuart, Rightyshotgritty#3/4, Kindl, and whatever else is spare parts, and that Hudler and a 2nd is a cheap price for a d-man of Campbell's caliber, but realistic in this scenario, I'd like you to present an argument for why we're way off. Since I've already demonstrated the cap numbers, I suggest you start elsewhere.

It's a definite weak argument on my part but I just really don't want Campbell on the team. We are a puck possession team and that would add a puck possessing dman but there is just something about Campbell's game that I've never really liked. Oh well, I don't make the decisions, so we shall see.