• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#21 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

We need a right-handed defenceman to replace Raffy so Bogosian, Wisniewski or Bieksa would be a good choice. Green is too bad defensively and I think Weber will stay in Nashville.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#22 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

With real trade bait lacking on the team, I think we can pretty much say goodbye to either Flip, Hudler, or Cleary.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#23 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

With real trade bait lacking on the team, I think we can pretty much say goodbye to either Hudler.

Yup.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#24 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hudler and something (pick, prospect) for Brian Campbell. Much more realistic than anything else I've seen suggested here.

Things to consider:

Campbell has roughly the same impact on the cap as a matter of percentage that Rafalski did when the Wings signed him. Both have NTCs.

Their offensive skill sets are very close; Campbell is a bit larger and a little more well-rounded.

Campbell is locked up long term, but not to as old of an age as Raffi was on his current deal. The Wings have a history of doing well with players into their mid 30s.

Chicago needs cap space. Campbell could be available on the cheap.

Meanwhile, there are also some righty shot options in FA who could be cheaper additional acquisitions, giving us a blueline that includes Lidstrom, Campbell, Kronwall, Stuart, a righty shot and Kindl/Ericcson/Smith

Edited by Datsyerberger, 25 May 2011 - 02:30 PM.

If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

With real trade bait lacking on the team, I think we can pretty much say goodbye to either Flip, Hudler, or Cleary.

I don't think anyone is "untouchable" short of Dats and Z, although it'd take one HELL of an offer to part with quite a few other guys (Helm, Kronwall, Cleary, Howard)

With the way Flip played in the playoffs, I'd hate to see him go, but we may be able to get the most for him... I don't think Cleary is going anywhere (see above) and I think Huds played his value too low to make it worth trading him, unless a team specifically wants him and essentially "overpays" to get him...

Hudler and something (pick, prospect) for Brian Campbell. Much more realistic than anything else I've seen suggested here.

Things to consider:

Campbell has roughly the same impact on the cap as a matter of percentage that Rafalski did when the Wings signed him. Both have NTCs.

Their offensive skill sets are very close; Campbell is a bit larger and a little more well-rounded.

Campbell is locked up long term, but not to as old of an age as Raffi was on his current deal. The Wings have a history of doing well with players into their mid 30s.

Chicago needs cap space. Campbell could be available on the cheap.

Meanwhile, there are also some righty shot options in FA who could be cheaper additional acquisitions, giving us a blueline that includes Lidstrom, Campbell, Kronwall, Stuart, a righty shot and Kindl/Ericcson/Smith

This is a joke, right?

MAYBE (and that's a HUGE maybe) I'd consider him if he were in the last year of his deal, where it was a one year try-out so to speak, but he is a turn over machine and is injury prone and makes more than 1m+ more than DATSYUK... no thanks...

Edited by stevkrause, 25 May 2011 - 02:33 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#26 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

With the kind of playoff he's having, the Wings might have to pay through the nose to get Biek-smirk, and I think even the $3.75 million he's makign is an overpayment. In order to keep Bieksa, they probably will say goodbye to Salo or Ehrhoff, or if they can get someone dumb enough to take him - Ballard.

#27 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

@CraigCustance
"Ken Holland sounds open to the idea of a trade to replace Rafalski. Most likely at draft. Agreed that this isn't the best UFA crop."

Interesting but not that surprsing. We've all heard the Zach Bogosian and Mike Green rumors. Should be interesting.

Started by LGW members. Holland has categorically denied the Bogo rumors numerous times.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#28 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Started by LGW members. Holland has categorically denied the Bogo rumors numerous times.

Where there's smoke, there's fire... I think there was some merit to it being presented at the deadline, now how far the talks went are a different thing, could have been as simple as a phone call just putting out feelers, it could have been a package they couldn't come to terms on in the 13th hour that fell through, that we'll never know and Holland is smart enough to play his cards close enough to his vest that we never will and that is one of the reasons he is such a good GM...

Now that they're moving to Winnipeg and owned by True North, I don't see them letting any of their stars get away... so the odds of Bogo being a Wing now probably dipped to <1%, whereas, before, who knows how high the chance was...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#29 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

With the kind of playoff he's having, the Wings might have to pay through the nose to get Biek-smirk, and I think even the $3.75 million he's makign is an overpayment. In order to keep Bieksa, they probably will say goodbye to Salo or Ehrhoff, or if they can get someone dumb enough to take him - Ballard.

For the record, Ballard has a NTC (limits him to 7 teams he can restrict the Canucks to dealing him to)
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#30 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

Wasn't started here. It originated from the Windsor Star's Bob Duff. Got it from his Twitter. Obviously, it didn't pan out, but it had a bit more truth to it than just being an LGW rumor.

#31 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'd trade Hudler and a 2 cases of Vernors to the Atlanta Predators just for the rights to Weber (does it work that way?).

Remember, Weber was Lidstroms first overall pick in the All Star Game. Weren't they like a plus 25 or something combined?!! After himself, HE STARTED HIS FRIKIN TEAM WITH SHEA WEBER!

david polie will never trade shea weber rights to anybody,especially not to detroit.

weber was not lidstroms first overall pick in the all star game,steven stamkos was first overall pick for team lidstrom .shea weber and lidstrom were plus 13 combined

#32 grwingfan

grwingfan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

I was listening to NHL Home Ice on XM this morning and they were saying someone is going to offer Bieksa between $4.5-$5m per year!!!! WOW

#33 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

And Bill Clinton did NOT have sexual relations with that woman!

If it was even hinted! ANYWHERE, It has feet, maybe not legs!!!! but feet!

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

I was listening to NHL Home Ice on XM this morning and they were saying someone is going to offer Bieksa between $4.5-$5m per year!!!! WOW

Bieksa's good and all, but not as a top 2 defenseman on the Wings. That is what we need right now. Bieksa would be a good role player on this team but that's not what we need at the moment.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Bieksa's good and all, but not as a top 2 defenseman on the Wings. That is what we need right now. Bieksa would be a good role player on this team but that's not what we need at the moment.

Bieksa would be perfect here... physical, defensively solid and has a good shot... now, anything over 4m, and he's probably not worth it, but to say he's not what we need is wrong...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#36 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

Jiri Hudler + a pick for Brian Campbell.

Get er' done Kenny! :D

Posted Image

#37 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Jiri Hudler + a pick for Brian Campbell.

Get er' done Kenny! :D

two people making the same joke?

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#38 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

two people making the same joke?

Naw, i'm that person on HF if that's what ur talking about.

But seriously, that would be awesome trade. I know Campbell is over paid, but he's better then any FA out there. Only has 3 years left and we get rid of Hudler as well. I'd do it, then sign Wiz.

EDIT: he has about 5 yrs left, 3 was a typo.

Edited by 10 Minute Misconduct, 25 May 2011 - 03:57 PM.

Posted Image

#39 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

Naw, i'm that person on HF if that's what ur talking about.

But seriously, that would be awesome trade. I know Campbell is over paid, but he's better then any FA out there. Only has 3 years left and we get rid of Hudler as well. I'd do it, then sign Wiz.

no, someone else in this thread suggested it and I think you're both clearly smoking something... it would be a HORRIBLE trade...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#40 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

no, someone else in this thread suggested it and I think you're both clearly smoking something... it would be a HORRIBLE trade...

How so? Even tho Campbell is over-paid by about $1.5 mill, he is still an elite defenseman. Was Chicago's best defenseman in the series against Vancouver. The guy has some serious wheels. Then we let Ericsson go, and sign Wiz. In this scenario we'd also have a little bit of money to spend up front.

Posted Image