Rate this topic

This is easy!

Chris Pronger

Sidney Crosby

Matt Cooke

Joe Thornton

Claude Lemieux

Did I miss any? I feel I might have.

Why did people neg this post? Can't anyone understand sarcasm anymore?

BTW, I would add Tie Domi, Tony Twist, and Marty McSorely to your esteemed group.

1. Nicklas Lidstrom- simply the classiest guy to play hockey.. loyal to his team, respected by all around him and has always shown that respect right back.

2. Steve Yzerman- a very VERY close to first... but Nick beat him out slightly imo

3. Joe Sakic- i HATE the Avs and always will, but he was a classy and loyal team captain and is respected by all.

4. Martin Brodeur- great guy, great spirits, always respectful to team mates, everyone around the league and fans.

5. Pavel Datsyuk- he may not speak the best english, but he is friendly to all around him, lightens the spirits in the dressing room, always thinks in a positive way, puts others before himself and always gives it his best no matter what. IMO if his play continues like i think it will and his personality remains, he can work his way up this list.

How has no one mentioned Yzerman yet?

I'd add Joe Sakic and Ron Francis as well.

I initially thought it was for current players, though if you're going to throw in retired players as well, Yzerman has to be at the top of the list.

Classy wings is something invented by the fans. Drapes, Homer, Malts, Bert, Stewie, Ericsson, Salei are all not classy. I dont know how to describe the Mule, he isnt classy, but he isnt dirty or tough either :scared:

Depends on if you're talking on or off the ice.

Off the ice, I think the vast majority of hockey players are very classy individuals. I haven't met a ton in person, but the few I have and the stories I've heard seem to point in that direction.

On the ice I think it depends on how you define "classy". Apparently you think it's the opposite of tough or dirty. I tend to think more 'professional' and 'mature'. I'm not really sure how to quantify it on the ice. At least the Wings don't start fights when we lose.

Depends on if you're talking on or off the ice.

Off the ice, I think the vast majority of hockey players are very classy individuals. I haven't met a ton in person, but the few I have and the stories I've heard seem to point in that direction.

On the ice I think it depends on how you define "classy". Apparently you think it's the opposite of tough or dirty. I tend to think more 'professional' and 'mature'. I'm not really sure how to quantify it on the ice. At least the Wings don't start fights when we lose.

Oh, off the ice there arent alot of hockey players that dont have class. But on is a different story, and I do agree the Wings are more professional on the ice then most, and dont start fights, but that doesnt make them classy if they do other stuff on the ice to make me think otherwise. But definately it's all a matter of on/off the ice class here.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Pavel Datsyuk. Class personified. Nick and Gordie Howe come close, but Pasha has more class in his toenails than 99.9% of the league.

Are we talking off the ice? Because on the ice Gordie was one of the nastiest SOBs in the league.

Off the ice people like Iginla, Marleau, Miller/Abdelkader (they work tirelessly with their Sparty philanthropy), Boogaard and the list goes on.

On ice I think of people like St. Louis, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Brad Richards and players of that ilk.