• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Rafalski retiring makes this summer much different than we all expected. A trade or two is likely to be made, and that could change the team drastically depending on who's traded. My question is, who REALISTICALLY could be traded? Is anyone outside of Dats and Z safe? I know some players have no trade clauses so they're not going anywhere, but after the playoffs I think it'd be hard for them to trade a player like Fil or Bert (think Bert has a NTC anyway). So who's safe and who should be worried?

#2 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Other than your building blocks (Lids, Z, Dats), near-retirement veterans, and your NTC's, everyone's in play. If you want value back in a trade, you have to be willing to give up something of value too.

That said, we should be able to trade Hudler and a bag of pucks for just about anyone we want.

Edited by weGotTheCup89, 25 May 2011 - 04:23 PM.

Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#3 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Even Franzen...? Do you guys think that after the long term deal we signed him too that we would actually move him. I think he is pretty safe.

Edited by Crashnburnluder, 25 May 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#4 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

Time to trade Flip if we can get value for him.

Posted Image

#5 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

I don't know that a trade is that likely. If so, it would almost certainly involve draft picks and maybe minor prospects. Aside from Pav we have no one that could bring an impact player in return. Flip could be a piece, and Huds could be moved for cap space, but in both cases we'd need to add a forward. FA defensemen seem much deeper than FA forwards, so I'm not sure it would really help.

I'm sure Kenny will be on the phone come draft day, but I wouldn't expect much. Maybe something for rights to an RFA. Free agency looks like a much more viable path, though of course that could change in the next month if guys start re-signing.

#6 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

I know hes a 3-4-5 guy but anyone have an opinion on Wisniewski? I like how he plays from what Ive seen hes pretty tough and is Raffy-esque with a bit of toughness. He also brings youth, experience and good value.

Thoughts>?
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#7 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Can we please just have one red wings free agency/trade thread, just one, having 94 of them isn't necessary.

#8 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

No.

No.

I'm not opposed to trading Flip if either some team overpays for him or some team is willing to send us a really good defenseman as part of the deal. Frankly, I don't see either happening.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#9 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

No.

No.

I'm not opposed to trading Flip if either some team overpays for him or some team is willing to send us a really good defenseman as part of the deal. Frankly, I don't see either happening.

Agreed, I can understand people who would like to trade Flip (even though I'm a fan). I feel like we probably wouldn't get his true worth in return. Hudler however has become almost an addition by subtraction situation, though I'm not opposed to at least seeing how he fairs early in the season
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s