• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lonewuhf

Post-Rafalski summer deals

Rate this topic

Rafalski retiring makes this summer much different than we all expected. A trade or two is likely to be made, and that could change the team drastically depending on who's traded. My question is, who REALISTICALLY could be traded? Is anyone outside of Dats and Z safe? I know some players have no trade clauses so they're not going anywhere, but after the playoffs I think it'd be hard for them to trade a player like Fil or Bert (think Bert has a NTC anyway). So who's safe and who should be worried?

Other than your building blocks (Lids, Z, Dats), near-retirement veterans, and your NTC's, everyone's in play. If you want value back in a trade, you have to be willing to give up something of value too.

That said, we should be able to trade Hudler and a bag of pucks for just about anyone we want.

Edited by weGotTheCup89

I don't know that a trade is that likely. If so, it would almost certainly involve draft picks and maybe minor prospects. Aside from Pav we have no one that could bring an impact player in return. Flip could be a piece, and Huds could be moved for cap space, but in both cases we'd need to add a forward. FA defensemen seem much deeper than FA forwards, so I'm not sure it would really help.

I'm sure Kenny will be on the phone come draft day, but I wouldn't expect much. Maybe something for rights to an RFA. Free agency looks like a much more viable path, though of course that could change in the next month if guys start re-signing.

Time to trade Flip if we can get value for him.

No.

Time to trade Flip if we can get value for him.

No.

I'm not opposed to trading Flip if either some team overpays for him or some team is willing to send us a really good defenseman as part of the deal. Frankly, I don't see either happening.

No.

No.

I'm not opposed to trading Flip if either some team overpays for him or some team is willing to send us a really good defenseman as part of the deal. Frankly, I don't see either happening.

Agreed, I can understand people who would like to trade Flip (even though I'm a fan). I feel like we probably wouldn't get his true worth in return. Hudler however has become almost an addition by subtraction situation, though I'm not opposed to at least seeing how he fairs early in the season