Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Interesting possibilities in trading with Philly.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

Interesting possibilities in trading with Philly...

It is possible that Richards or Carter could be moved this summer out of philly...
I know it wouldn't fix the defensive problems, but perhaps I would make a run at Richards or Carter. Both are ideal fits for our team. I believe Carter has more upside and his right handed shot helps.

Both are two-way players that could contribute to the team and help us improve our top lines, which I believe are worse then our overall offense due to incredible depth. I propose using up some of that depth to improve.

Any thoughts on what it would take to get Jeff Carter?

I am wondering if they would take Hudler, Bertuzzi, and draft picks. Bertuzzi and Hudler are Flyers type of players, and taking both of them would help their cap situation now and later. Plus it would be trading two potential 20 goal scorers for one 30 goal scorer, which is good imo. It would also allow us to keep Draper, Miller, and Eaves for another year and still bring in Mursak and Emmerton while improving. Plus it would keep Zetter and Pav together forever, maybe even freeing up Filpulla for top line duty, or a trade for a dman...

It also would help take some of the sting out of losing Raffy on the back end offensively. We could still sign one or two defensemen.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR Usually hate doing these, but just a thought. The extra space would most likely be used up going to one of the new contracts to bump it up.

FORWARDS
Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.750m)
Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)
Kris Draper ($0.850m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN
Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)
Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.750m)
Andy Greene ($1.750m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,689,771; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,810,229

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#3 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

I think they should just give us Carter for us giving them Leino :lol: .

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

Damn it, I knew we should have traded him for future considerations.

#5 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

Why would they trade one of league's better goal scorers for Hudler (who is the opposite of a Flyers type of player, actually) and Bertuzzi, an old complimentary piece who has only one more year left on his contract? Both of them have very little trade value.

Any trade for Carter would start with Filppula.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#6 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Why would they trade one of league's better goal scorers for Hudler (who is the opposite of a Flyers type of player, actually) and Bertuzzi, an old complimentary piece who has only one more year left on his contract? Both of them have very little trade value.

Any trade for Carter would start with Filppula.

You are right, I just don't want to give him up. Honestly if we didn't move Hudler and Bert this trade would be bad for us. If we moved Filpula with them we would need to make the trade more complex.

#7 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

Pierre LeBrun thinks that San Jose could trade some players away including Setoguchi and Pavelski. I would love to aquire Pavelski, if nothing else to keep him from scoring on us!

#8 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

Wings should deal the rights to Larsson in a package pr somthing if anything saying the one thing the Flyers need is a goalie

#9 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

i say with all the rumors about the devils moving Parise we just pick him up, he's and RFA this year not sure what we would have to give up to get him but the dude put up like 45G playing with pretty much nobody, you could only imagine him with Z or D

#10 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

i say with all the rumors about the devils moving Parise we just pick him up, he's and RFA this year not sure what we would have to give up to get him but the dude put up like 45G playing with pretty much nobody, you could only imagine him with Z or D

Yeah, but how bad was that injury he had?

Posted Image

#11 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Wings should deal the rights to Larsson in a package pr somthing if anything saying the one thing the Flyers need is a goalie

The reason they want to move a big player is Bryz is going to be a Flyer.

#12 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

The rumor will not die.

I ask again, would it be a good idea to bring in his big contract?

#13 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

The rumor will not die.

I ask again, would it be a good idea to bring in his big contract?

Not unless Franzen is going the other way. Too much cap space locked up for too long otherwise.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."