• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Interesting possibilities in trading with Philly.

Rate this topic

Interesting possibilities in trading with Philly...

It is possible that Richards or Carter could be moved this summer out of philly...

I know it wouldn't fix the defensive problems, but perhaps I would make a run at Richards or Carter. Both are ideal fits for our team. I believe Carter has more upside and his right handed shot helps.

Both are two-way players that could contribute to the team and help us improve our top lines, which I believe are worse then our overall offense due to incredible depth. I propose using up some of that depth to improve.

Any thoughts on what it would take to get Jeff Carter?

I am wondering if they would take Hudler, Bertuzzi, and draft picks. Bertuzzi and Hudler are Flyers type of players, and taking both of them would help their cap situation now and later. Plus it would be trading two potential 20 goal scorers for one 30 goal scorer, which is good imo. It would also allow us to keep Draper, Miller, and Eaves for another year and still bring in Mursak and Emmerton while improving. Plus it would keep Zetter and Pav together forever, maybe even freeing up Filpulla for top line duty, or a trade for a dman...

It also would help take some of the sting out of losing Raffy on the back end offensively. We could still sign one or two defensemen.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR Usually hate doing these, but just a thought. The extra space would most likely be used up going to one of the new contracts to bump it up.

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.750m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)

Kris Draper ($0.850m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.750m)

Andy Greene ($1.750m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Chris Osgood ($0.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $62,500,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,689,771; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,810,229

Why would they trade one of league's better goal scorers for Hudler (who is the opposite of a Flyers type of player, actually) and Bertuzzi, an old complimentary piece who has only one more year left on his contract? Both of them have very little trade value.

Any trade for Carter would start with Filppula.

Why would they trade one of league's better goal scorers for Hudler (who is the opposite of a Flyers type of player, actually) and Bertuzzi, an old complimentary piece who has only one more year left on his contract? Both of them have very little trade value.

Any trade for Carter would start with Filppula.

You are right, I just don't want to give him up. Honestly if we didn't move Hudler and Bert this trade would be bad for us. If we moved Filpula with them we would need to make the trade more complex.

i say with all the rumors about the devils moving Parise we just pick him up, he's and RFA this year not sure what we would have to give up to get him but the dude put up like 45G playing with pretty much nobody, you could only imagine him with Z or D

i say with all the rumors about the devils moving Parise we just pick him up, he's and RFA this year not sure what we would have to give up to get him but the dude put up like 45G playing with pretty much nobody, you could only imagine him with Z or D

Yeah, but how bad was that injury he had?