• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Kris Draper

Rate this topic

Kris Draper  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No.

No, man.

s***, no, man.

also, LOL @ the draper fanclub with the negative voting spree. all the negs in the world won't change the fact that draper's career is OVER.

How do you figure his career is over? He's still one of the faster and defensilvely responsible skaters in the NHL. Also, Mr. GM, how would you handle this situation?

The guy has earned the right to retire on his own terms and he proved to be one of the best players on our team last year in the playoffs, getting tough faceoffs and winning battles.

If Hudler is traded, we might not have to worry about losing any players so let the guy have a contract.

I somewhat agree - but I do think Drapes is pushing his luck with not retiring. I don't see any downside of signing him as the 13-14th forward. He is solid in his limited role and has proven a depth asset into the playoffs. loyalty is a tricky thing - I'd say the 15+ yrs and 4 Cups buys him some sort of limited contract - for 1 last year.

Guest Crymson

Didn't he go on to be a really anti-communist senator or something?

I was making a joke. People would frequently misspell all of their names.

Guest stinky fish taco

Also, Mr. GM, how would you handle this situation?

...not re-sign him? is that a trick question?

No.

No, man.

s***, no, man.

also, LOL @ the draper fanclub with the negative voting spree. all the negs in the world won't change the fact that draper's career is OVER.

Too bad all the negs in the world won't make your pointless negative ass posts go away. Meh, oh well keep on truckin' brotha.

5'5 enforcer more than anything else.

Mitch Callahan still has a couple of years ;)

Guest stinky fish taco

Too bad all the negs in the world won't make your pointless negative ass posts go away.

pointless? i directly answered the question posed in the topic sub-title.

what's pointless is that you're constantly on my nuts. obsess much?

Nobody would be "on your nuts" if you didn't make ridiculous comments. *Draper's career is over, he can't skate anymore and all the people that think he should be re-signed are homers!!!!!!!* What do you think is gonna happen when you make comments like that?

Nah, keep living that dream though.

Draper may need to retire according to all of those who have their "ZOMG!! Just retire already!!!" blinders on to most of the older players on the team but this is not one of them. Bring him in at around a sub 900k contract to mentor and be a useful 13th/14th forward. Unless I see some other better options out there as to what Draper CAN'T do then please let me know. The "he's too old can't get it done" argument gets overdone. 1 more season from Drapes is definitely a beneficial signing.

I must have missed what value he brought to these playoffs...

This will insight a war of all wars but basically he brought something around a 2.875 million contract Hudler brought but ya know, more energy, FOW%, and actually hitting players. But again, let's keep shooting from the hip that Draper is "too old" and has to let it go. thumbup.gif

This will insight a war of all wars but basically he brought something around a 2.875 million contract Hudler brought but ya know, more energy, FOW%, and actually hitting players. But again, let's keep shooting from the hip that Draper is "too old" and has to let it go. thumbup.gif

Look man, I've got nothing against Draper, but to suggest he's valuable in the playoffs is a bit misleading. Did anyone actually notice him when he was out there? He wasn't a liability, I'll give him that, but his role could be replicated by anyone else.

Guest stinky fish taco

yeah, draper and that dazzling 44% faceoff % in the playoffs this year really helped the team out.

lol

Look man, I've got nothing against Draper, but to suggest he's valuable in the playoffs is a bit misleading. Did anyone actually notice him when he was out there? He wasn't a liability, I'll give him that, but his role could be replicated by anyone else.

Not anyone else, but definitely by someone else.

It's not that Draper doesn't have anything to offer. He still can play in this league, but as I said earlier I think it's in the best interest of the Wings to fill that spot with someone younger.

Drapes had a good season, but part of that was probably because he only played half a season due to his groin injury. And that's an injury that's kept him out of games for the last 3 seasons. Yes he can rehab it this offseason, but i'm guessing that's what he did last offseason too. He certainly wasn't bad in the playoffs, but if his contributions were that valuable, he likely would've been in the lineup every game.

One of the arguments here against an enforcer is that they only play half the games in a season, and not in the playoffs. It's a good point, and one that applies to Draper as well.

Name a more efficient and productive fourth line than the Draper - Helm - Eaves line. That line continually gave Datsyuk time to rest by keeping the puck in the opponents zone. It was also our fastest line and most defensive line.

If you didn't notice our fourth line and there effectiveness, maybe you should go watch the NBA and get use to only 5 players per team. an NHL team is over 20 players who need to work cohesively, don't get mad if you can't see that.