• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Kris Draper

Rate this topic

Kris Draper  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Name a more efficient and productive fourth line than the Draper - Helm - Eaves line. That line continually gave Datsyuk time to rest by keeping the puck in the opponents zone. It was also our fastest line and most defensive line.

If you didn't notice our fourth line and there effectiveness, maybe you should go watch the NBA and get use to only 5 players per team. an NHL team is over 20 players who need to work cohesively, don't get mad if you can't see that.

Mursak - Helm - Eaves will be an even better 4th line.

And :lol: at your attempt to mock me because I didn't think Draper was some playoff hero out there. The 4th line is a good, effective line that clicks, but Mursak makes it even superior with his wheels.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

And :lol: at your attempt to mock me because I didn't think Draper was some playoff hero out there. The 4th line is a good, effective line that clicks, but Mursak makes it even superior with his wheels.

Maybe or maybe not. We know what Draper - Helm - Eaves can do and it was pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing it one more year or at the very least have that option. There's no reason why we can't resign Draper to be a 12th or 13th forward for the league min.

Playoff hero? Holy hyperbole. He was far more effective in the playoffs than Hudler, Abdelkader, and Franzen. Mursak's wheels are only a slight upgrade over what Draper has. What's the problem with Draper playing 35 games and Mursak playing the rest? Draper is more adept at scoring in the NHL and his understanding of the NHL playing field is far superior to Mursak (who I think will be a solid 3rd/4th liner in a few years). Draper is the better player between the two, with Mursak only having the advantage in speed (slightly) and youth. Those two splitting time is not a negative, look at what Draper has done for Helm, why not have him do the same for Mursak?

Playoff hero? Holy hyperbole. He was far more effective in the playoffs than Hudler, Abdelkader, and Franzen. Mursak's wheels are only a slight upgrade over what Draper has. What's the problem with Draper playing 35 games and Mursak playing the rest? Draper is more adept at scoring in the NHL and his understanding of the NHL playing field is far superior to Mursak (who I think will be a solid 3rd/4th liner in a few years). Draper is the better player between the two, with Mursak only having the advantage in speed (slightly) and youth. Those two splitting time is not a negative, look at what Draper has done for Helm, why not have him do the same for Mursak?

What are you arguing about? I don't disagree with any of that...

I voted to sign him, but I would like to stipulate not at the expense of Miller or Eaves. If Holland does not trade Hudler and re-signs Draper, that will be 11 forwards signed before Miller and Eaves and before Mursak comes up...so Mursak connot be sent down with passing thru waivers that means if Holland wants to keep Mursak he would have to sacrifice Eaves or Miller. Eaves plays great with Helm, so he would be the first choice, but I think Miller should be signed over Draper in this scenario. So, unless Holland dumps Hudler in a package for a defender, Draper just may have to hang em up...

In all honesty, Draper, Modano should both retire and Hudler should be traded so Holland can re-sign both Miller/Eaves, keep Mursak and add a UFA to add some scoring punch in the top 6...

This will insight a war of all wars but basically he brought something around a 2.875 million contract Hudler brought but ya know, more energy, FOW%, and actually hitting players. But again, let's keep shooting from the hip that Draper is "too old" and has to let it go. thumbup.gif

It's not hard to bring more value to the team then Hudler did. Hell the fans in the crowd probably did more to positively effect the team then Hudler

It's not hard to bring more value to the team then Hudler did. Hell the fans in the crowd probably did more to positively effect the team then Hudler

Ohhhh I'm aware. I just think people need to keep a bit of perspective of overall effectiveness in re-signing players.