• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Kyle Okposo re-signs with Islanders

Rate this topic

Reportedly 5 years worth $14 million. Okposo scored 20 points in an injury-ridden 38 game season. The Islanders are slowly building a solid nucleus. They've got Grabner locked in long term, now Okposo, not to mention Tavares and Moulson. The future is looking bright for the Islanders.

Discuss.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

A really solid deal for the Isles at that price, but also good for Okposo. Means he'll be UFA when he comes off his contract and has an easy out if the Isles are still crap in 5 years, and more or less guarantees him good money for a handful of years to build on, insurance if his play turns around and he sucks, and a big payday his next contract if he gets better. Seems to be the right choice by both parties.

I think I like this deal. I might be partial because I really like Okposo and I hope he can stay healthy. But I think this is a good contract that says - we're putting our faith in you that you'll continue to evolve as a player, but also could end up being a decent steal if he does end up fulfilling his potential.

And I agree with your comment on their nucleus. I like what they have going on. NYI is one of those teams that for no particular reason I want to see them do well. Its probably a common feeling for teams that are known as basement dwellers because you have no reason to hate them - but all the same, I hope they kick ass next year.

I think I like this deal. I might be partial because I really like Okposo and I hope he can stay healthy. But I think this is a good contract that says - we're putting our faith in you that you'll continue to evolve as a player, but also could end up being a decent steal if he does end up fulfilling his potential.

And I agree with your comment on their nucleus. I like what they have going on. NYI is one of those teams that for no particular reason I want to see them do well. Its probably a common feeling for teams that are known as basement dwellers because you have no reason to hate them - but all the same, I hope they kick ass next year.

They're looking to lock up Josh Bailey and Blake Comeau long term as well. Wang seems to be piecing together the puzzle, finally. Not looking like Zenon Konopka will be brought back, and Trevor Gillies is a toss up. If Gillies is brought back, it will only be on a one year contract, possibly a 2 way deal.

Snow is such a terrible GM. He has a bunch of skilled young forwards locked up for relatively cheap deals with good term. He also has one of the league's best defensemen locked up for a few more years.

You have to think one of the forwards will be traded for a defenseman of similar skill and age.

Islanders are my favorite Eastern team. They are so fast, fun, and full of promise. Grabner is amazing! I look forward to seeing them get better and better if they can fix the goalie issues. Montoya had surgery the other day and DiPietro is injured more often than healthy.

Too bad they are saddled with the likes of Wang and Snow in management.