• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Canned Heat

Ryane Clowe: Kronwalled After All!

Rate this topic

Well, dickish and rude to fans, possibly.

I don't see how a player who was named assistant captain of the Western Conference Champions is bad in the locker room (which was what RWA said). Not after the chemistry that was seen with him and players from around the league in the 2009 Olympics and from the fact he was a candidate for the Captaincy this season. Sometimes it is like some people just say things and put the "I've heard" tag on it as if they don't sound ridiculous when saying it.

Let's not forget that Matt Cooke has worn the "A" a few times in his career and he's the biggest jackwaggon of them all,on and off the ice.

Also, on a side note, I heard that Doc likes to sleep with slabs of bacon...just what I heard, though.

Edited by Konnan511

Franzen+Kindl for Clowe sounds great to me

Not sure what people are negging you for other than fight part you had to throw in. Clowe, although a prick on the Sharks, would be welcomed with open arms no doubt. Now this said, it's great to hear about him getting what he deserved after asking Kronner to come after him; poetic justice at its finest. Best part of the hit is the audio where the players yell for him to look up and it was waaayyyy too late :lol:

It's not just his trash talking, it's all of his antics. I get that players trash talk, but the classy ones don't.

Agreed. It's like pulling out a player's mouthguard and throwing it to the ice. Classless. ;)

The main thing I don't like about Kesler is the diving. Otherwise the guy is a beast.

Kind of reminds me of Kirk Maltby - cept he was a 3rd-4th line chirper. Malts was a little less sinister and alot more funny. Ie. to Malkin "your mom's borscht sucks!"

Video? Sounds hysterical and cant find it online...

Not sure what people are negging you for other than fight part you had to throw in. Clowe, although a prick on the Sharks, would be welcomed with open arms no doubt. Now this said, it's great to hear about him getting what he deserved after asking Kronner to come after him; poetic justice at its finest. Best part of the hit is the audio where the players yell for him to look up and it was waaayyyy too late :lol:

I negged it because Franzen AND Kindl for Clowe is retarded. Holy over payment. Franzen has his first playoff in four years where he isn't a PPG player and now Clowe is the better player after he had a breakout playoffs. And then throw in Kindl who has all the makings of a top 4 DMan. Salei had 6 more points than Kindl this past season playing about 30 games more. Kindl will put up 15+ points this coming season as a full time player.

What's with the Kesler hate? Are people really upset at him for trash talking? Yah he dives, but no where near as bad as Thornton or the Sedins or most of the Sharks/Canucks for that matter.

Edited by Konnan511

Honestly though he could beat the snot out of anyone on the Wings.

I don't know about the Franzen+Kindl part, but I'd certainly like to have Clowe on the Wings. 20 goals a season. 50-60 points. Hard hitter, good fighter, good in the playoffs. HIs health is about the only question mark with the way he plays the game.

Well.... Vancouver and Chicago players talk the most crap on the ice! I personally believe that Chicago takes the cake, but I remember this video from a couple of years ago With Kesler and Burrows as well as Bieksa against the Blues. I agree with Trash talking and what not on the ice and I have no issue with it, however when you bring someones family into the trash talking, I do have a problem with it! Call each other a puss or pull your balls out or whatever, but when you brings someones wife into the frame, it's over the line!

Oh I'm with you there man. If he was a dick in the locker room I doubt they'd give him a letter. It's not unheard of, though. Didn't Dion's prima-dona behaviour help run him out of Calgary.

he seems to do alright in the locker room

I negged it because Franzen AND Kindl for Clowe is retarded. Holy over payment. Franzen has his first playoff in four years where he isn't a PPG player and now Clowe is the better player after he had a breakout playoffs. And then throw in Kindl who has all the makings of a top 4 DMan. Salei had 6 more points than Kindl this past season playing about 30 games more. Kindl will put up 15+ points this coming season as a full time player.

What's with the Kesler hate? Are people really upset at him for trash talking? Yah he dives, but no where near as bad as Thornton or the Sedins or most of the Sharks/Canucks for that matter.

Well Franzen is never healthy anymore, is 3 years older than Clowe, on a bad contract that if he stays hurt all the time we will be screwed with. Clowe has been able to stay healthy, he is also a playoff player, more physical and tough than Franzen.

CLowe didnt have a break out in the playoffs, he put up 62 points this year, 57 the year before and 52 before that. Hes steadily improving. Sure Kindl might be a top 4 dman, but he hasnt shown anything to say he actually will do so and with Smith providing everything he does and more he isnt really needed.

Trading for Clowe would be like trading for Shanny back in the day. Getting tougher upfront with someone who can play the game.

Well Franzen is never healthy anymore, is 3 years older than Clowe, on a bad contract that if he stays hurt all the time we will be screwed with. Clowe has been able to stay healthy, he is also a playoff player, more physical and tough than Franzen.

CLowe didnt have a break out in the playoffs, he put up 62 points this year, 57 the year before and 52 before that. Hes steadily improving. Sure Kindl might be a top 4 dman, but he hasnt shown anything to say he actually will do so and with Smith providing everything he does and more he isnt really needed.

Trading for Clowe would be like trading for Shanny back in the day. Getting tougher upfront with someone who can play the game.

No, it would not be.

Clowe did well this playoff, but it was the first time in his career he was close to a point per game. Whoop dee friggin doo.

Let's not forget that Franzen dominated the playoffs three years ago, while Clowe, once again, was simply an ancillary piece to the Sharks success, or lack thereof.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Clowe's next contract is going to be in the the same ball park salary-wise as Franzen's current one, if not more due to the attributes you mentioned. He's been fairly healthy until now but the style of play he practices tends to wear more on a player as he gets older. Who knows how his health is in three years.

Comparing Shanny and Clowe...

Clowe is going to have the same cap hit as Franzen or more in two years. He has a 3.6 cap hit now and will be making 4mil in salary at the end of his contract and he's going to want at least 4mil, probably closer to 5mil per season for his next and final big payday.

It's funny you brought up the regular season, even though I specifically mentioned the playoffs. Past four regular seasons and playoffs: Regular season Franzen 246GP, 173 points. Clowe 243 GP, 179. Playoffs Franzen 59GP, 62 points. Clowe 50GP, 36 Points.

They are roughly the same in the regular season, but Franzen holds a wide margin in the playoffs.

So again, Franzen had one bad playoffs, and all of a sudden Clowe is better? I'll take Franzen, even if he is a soft Euro. Plus, i don't trust guys who can't spell their first name right ;)