• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

Pssh seriously?? You guys are softies if trash-talking gets under your skin. I've been yelled worse stuff on the play-ground during any riveting game of 3rd grade tag I've been involved in.

#42 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

he seems to do alright in the locker room

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF7Vjz6gdeI

That guy isf****** jacked.

Posted Image

#43 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

I negged it because Franzen AND Kindl for Clowe is retarded. Holy over payment. Franzen has his first playoff in four years where he isn't a PPG player and now Clowe is the better player after he had a breakout playoffs. And then throw in Kindl who has all the makings of a top 4 DMan. Salei had 6 more points than Kindl this past season playing about 30 games more. Kindl will put up 15+ points this coming season as a full time player.

What's with the Kesler hate? Are people really upset at him for trash talking? Yah he dives, but no where near as bad as Thornton or the Sedins or most of the Sharks/Canucks for that matter.

Well Franzen is never healthy anymore, is 3 years older than Clowe, on a bad contract that if he stays hurt all the time we will be screwed with. Clowe has been able to stay healthy, he is also a playoff player, more physical and tough than Franzen.

CLowe didnt have a break out in the playoffs, he put up 62 points this year, 57 the year before and 52 before that. Hes steadily improving. Sure Kindl might be a top 4 dman, but he hasnt shown anything to say he actually will do so and with Smith providing everything he does and more he isnt really needed.

Trading for Clowe would be like trading for Shanny back in the day. Getting tougher upfront with someone who can play the game.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#44 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Well Franzen is never healthy anymore, is 3 years older than Clowe, on a bad contract that if he stays hurt all the time we will be screwed with. Clowe has been able to stay healthy, he is also a playoff player, more physical and tough than Franzen.

CLowe didnt have a break out in the playoffs, he put up 62 points this year, 57 the year before and 52 before that. Hes steadily improving. Sure Kindl might be a top 4 dman, but he hasnt shown anything to say he actually will do so and with Smith providing everything he does and more he isnt really needed.

Trading for Clowe would be like trading for Shanny back in the day. Getting tougher upfront with someone who can play the game.

No, it would not be.

Clowe did well this playoff, but it was the first time in his career he was close to a point per game. Whoop dee friggin doo.

Let's not forget that Franzen dominated the playoffs three years ago, while Clowe, once again, was simply an ancillary piece to the Sharks success, or lack thereof.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 28 May 2011 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#45 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

Clowe's next contract is going to be in the the same ball park salary-wise as Franzen's current one, if not more due to the attributes you mentioned. He's been fairly healthy until now but the style of play he practices tends to wear more on a player as he gets older. Who knows how his health is in three years.

Comparing Shanny and Clowe...

#46 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

Clowe is going to have the same cap hit as Franzen or more in two years. He has a 3.6 cap hit now and will be making 4mil in salary at the end of his contract and he's going to want at least 4mil, probably closer to 5mil per season for his next and final big payday.

It's funny you brought up the regular season, even though I specifically mentioned the playoffs. Past four regular seasons and playoffs: Regular season Franzen 246GP, 173 points. Clowe 243 GP, 179. Playoffs Franzen 59GP, 62 points. Clowe 50GP, 36 Points.

They are roughly the same in the regular season, but Franzen holds a wide margin in the playoffs.

So again, Franzen had one bad playoffs, and all of a sudden Clowe is better? I'll take Franzen, even if he is a soft Euro. Plus, i don't trust guys who can't spell their first name right ;)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#47 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

Screw trading Franzen for Clowe, get Clowe to play with Franzen. Clowe-Zetterberg-Franzen :champs:

#NOMOREKINDL

#48 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

Screw trading Franzen for Clowe, get Clowe to play with Franzen. Clowe-Zetterberg-Franzen :champs:

Hudler and Filppula for Clowe? :hehe:

Posted Image

#49 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

Get R Done Kenny :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#50 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

Hudler and the rights to HTD and Daniel Larsson ;)

Might as well throw Kindl in there for good measure, right :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#51 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

Good to hear. Never liked that ******.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#52 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

I think Clowe learned that when you stick your beak where it doesn't belong, sometimes it gets broken off.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams