• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Worst Alternate Jerseys in Hockey History

Rate this topic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/707810-nhl-fashion-faux-pas-the-25-worst-alternate-jerseys-in-hockey-history/page/1

Saw this article earlier on bleacherreport and thought it was a funny read.

Some of these I never knew about. Also, I don't agree with Anaheim's being chosen as the worst. There were far worse jerseys on the list.

The Cherry ones are great :lol: awful in the worst kind of way.

And I dunno if I can agree with you about the Ducks one.. I mean it features a cartoon anthropomorphic duck in goalie gear bursting through ice and flying. On a serious pro sports team's jersey.

The Cherry ones are great :lol: awful in the worst kind of way.

And I dunno if I can agree with you about the Ducks one.. I mean it features a cartoon anthropomorphic duck in goalie gear bursting through ice and flying. On a serious pro sports team's jersey.

The Blues one was worse if we're only talking about NHL teams.

Also, I love the joke about the Islanders guy being the killer from "I Know What You Did Last Summer" :lol:

The Blues one was worse if we're only talking about NHL teams.

Also, I love the joke about the Islanders guy being the killer from "I Know What You Did Last Summer" :lol:

I just can't label a jersey "worst" when it was killed before it was ever worn (thankfully).

Also, every time I see that Bruins 3rd jersey I crack up, thanks to a photoshop I saw of it on HF that replaced the bear head with Pedobear.

Edited by Datsyerberger

I still think the "Mooterus" jersey in Dallas takes the cake. It looked like a diagram you'd see hanging in the offices of an OB/GYN. Absolutely hideous.

Then again, there were those striped nightmares that Montreal dug out of mothballs for their 100th anniversary. Technicolor versions of the costumes from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" Could cause seizures in a heartbeat.

My housemate said the "Pooh Bear" jerseys in Boston. I'll go along with that one.

Edited by Kira

I kind of like those old yellow Kings jerseys.

That mustard colored "Snaggletooth" Preds 3rd jersey is just hideous. Seriously who approves these?

Yeah, the Kings "Lakers" jerseys shouldn't have been on the list. I actually liked those.

Also, I don't remember them being alternate jerseys? I thought those were their main jerseys.

Edited by GMRwings1983

That was entertaining, but I cannot see how these really ugly third jerseys were approved by anyone. Being as comical as they are/were, who were they marketing to?

Even most of the current designs have way too much going on with all of those vertical stripes going up the arm pits and intersecting down the sleeves. Simpler is better.

The semi-pro league jerseys shouldn't count. They're often designed to be obnoxious and attention grabbing simply for the headlines and interest generated.

The real train wrecks are the NHL jerseys that someone actually green lit (I'm looking at you every-jersey-Anaheim's-ever-worn).

I kind of like those old yellow Kings jerseys.

That mustard colored "Snaggletooth" Preds 3rd jersey is just hideous. Seriously who approves these?

And thanks for sharing, that was pretty funny. :thumbup:

the preds third jersey were suppose to be a gold color,not mustard color,i decided two years ago that i should put my mustard autograph paul kariya jersey in a shadow box and put it up on my bedroom wall,since kariya no longer plays for the preds.

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

Nashvilles puke yellow jersey for me, all day everyday.

Oh yeah, but the crazy thing is you ALWAYS see them in the crowds at Nashville games. During the playoffs I counted quite a few in there. Maybe it's just how clearly they stand out or maybe there was a genuine affection for them among some Nashville fans. Kind of like how some dogs are so ugly that women find them cute?

Many people didn't like Dallas' 3rd at the time with the bull, I had no problems with it, actually thought it looked pretty good.

The Anaheim cartoon figure somebody mentioned in here already as well as Nashville's mustard yellow a few years ago are among the worst I can recall, as well as Boston's school bus yellow in the late 90s I believe.

Interns must have written this article. First, the international jerseys aren't thirds, they always have the ads, which do look horrible, but they aren't third jerseys. The AHL jerseys are meant to be bad. They're not really true thirds, they wear them on one-off special nights in order to generate publicity. And then the author pretty much lists every third jersey out there in the NHL. Article fail.

Bottom line: third jerseys suck, please stop making them. Are you listening NHL??? :)

Yeah, the Kings "Lakers" jerseys shouldn't have been on the list. I actually liked those.

Also, I don't remember them being alternate jerseys? I thought those were their main jerseys.

I think the author was talking about when they used them as throwback jerseys for that one game back in October.

My least favorite is the Bruins one. It's probably not THE worst, but just knowing how cool their normal ones are and trying to ponder why anyone would mess with that makes it all the worse. Nashville's is pretty bad, too...anyone care for some Grey Poupon?

That Ducks one...it's questionable just sitting there by itself, but what really makes it bad is seeing it on a player (like on the first page of the article). It goes from, "Ok, stupid cartoon drawing" to "What the EFF is THAT all over the front of your jersey?!"