• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
goalie1

Adam Almqvist signed to 3 yr deal

Rate this topic

"on Loan" being someway of burying potential talent in Swe? I get it! Geez Peeps! if someone would of said that to begin with I would not of had much to say!

Thank You Addict!

And he's not playing on "our dime". He only gets paid that money if he is on the Wings roster, otherwise he makes the AHL salary in the AHL, or his old SEL contract is bound to him by that club. If the Wings have zero problem, Babcock, Holland and Hakan have zero problems with loaning him out to a championship winning SEL club that'll play him top 4 minutes and use him in every circumstance against men who may or may not be as skilled as guys in the AHL, then I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.

I did say that, you just didn't read it.

Great news. I can't wait to see this kid play in Grand Rapids. He's got 1st round offensive talent. According to Andersson his hockey IQ is off the charts. He's managed to raise some eyebrows in the SEL as well.

Yeah if he was really coming over to the AHL then I fear he would get crushed in every game.

Phil Housley and Brian Rafalski were shorter than Almqvist and hard pretty decent careers.

smith's replacement?

The ship hasn't sailed on Smith in Detroit this season. According to Jiri Fischer the Wings think he's a year away from really succeeding in the NHL but could step in this year. Where Smith plays this coming season depends on two things: A) what Holland does with the roster in the off-season, B) how Smith performs in camp.

I did say that, you just didn't read it.

What ? Are you put out that I didnt give YOU credit too?!?!? Sorry You were so busy flaming me I could care less about what you were trying to say!

but if it makes you feel better! Thank You Konnan!

not to mention you quoted the wrong area of your post.... you should of highlighted the "On Loan" portion. that was what I was asking about. On Loan really means Hiding!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Phil Housley and Brian Rafalski were shorter than Almqvist and hard pretty decent careers.
They were pretty good skaters, though. Almqvist is both undersized (well, he is 0.39 inches shorter than Kronwall) and a below-average skater (at the moment). Edited by Systemfel

They were pretty good skaters, though. Almqvist is both undersized (well, he is 0.39 inches shorter than Kronwall) and a below-average skater (at the moment).

He's actually a decent skater. This is what one HFBoard member had to say about his skating this past season. And I'll take this guys word since he watches SEL games everyday and is from Sweden:

]I would rank him as an average to just above average skater[/b] , when watching him you get the feeling the "bite" is not quite there. Be it because of lacking lower body strength or if it is not just in him, I cant tell. I have a hard time seeing him as a strong skater even if he continues to develop strength.

I have spoken to some people that actually likes his skating, saying he is fast, in my opinion that is his hockeysense coming into play. Not the speed. I might be wrong though.