smith's replacement?
Posted Image

#22 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

And he's not playing on "our dime". He only gets paid that money if he is on the Wings roster, otherwise he makes the AHL salary in the AHL, or his old SEL contract is bound to him by that club. If the Wings have zero problem, Babcock, Holland and Hakan have zero problems with loaning him out to a championship winning SEL club that'll play him top 4 minutes and use him in every circumstance against men who may or may not be as skilled as guys in the AHL, then I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.

SO We signed him to a 3 year deal that we don't pay him for!?!? Someone is paying that money... and a contract is a Agreement.
and if he has such promise and skill why not bring him here and let the AHL tune him up. the faster he is in the North American hockey system
the better in my opinion. I understand that SEL is a Elite League.....I get that he did well there.....I also know that there have been players in that league
that came here and didnt amount to s*** and had alot said about them.

They play in a International Rink there right?!? Bigger rink = more space and time. need to develop those skills on a smaller rink and let him get used to the way the game
is played here. sooner the better. they know what he can do there already or the Wings would not of drafted him. now its time to take off the Pampers and start your career.

He agreed to the terms and signed a deal, He should play here! If Holland wants to loan him out, fine. Then his contract should not start until he comes here to play. BUT WE ARE PICKING UP THAT BILL! for him to play else where and possibly get hurt.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 29 May 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#23 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

SO We signed him to a 3 year deal that we don't pay him for!?!? Someone is paying that money... and a contract is a Agreement.
and if he has such promise and skill why not bring him here and let the AHL tune him up. the faster he is in the North American hockey system
the better in my opinion. I understand that SEL is a Elite League.....I get that he did well there.....I also know that there have been players in that league

They play in a International Rink there right?!? Bigger rink = more space and time. need to develop those skills on a smaller rink and let him get used to the way the game
is played here. sooner the better. they know what he can do there already or the Wings would not of drafted him. now its time to take off the Pampers and start your career.

He agreed to the terms and signed a deal, He should play here! If Holland wants to loan him out, fine. Then his contract should not start until he comes here to play. BUT WE ARE PICKING UP THAT BILL! for him to play else where and possibly get hurt.

I see you're having trouble understanding how this works. Konnan is correct, there's nothing wrong with what Almquist and the Wings are doing.

Edited by hockey23, 29 May 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#24 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

I thought there's something caled "on loan." In Almqvist's case, HV-71 is going to pay his salary. From what I remember, it's like how **** Axelsson was on loan to Farjestad BK. FBK paid his salary, not Detroit.

#25 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

I thought there's something caled "on loan." In Almqvist's case, HV-71 is going to pay his salary. From what I remember, it's like how **** Axelsson was on loan to Farjestad BK. FBK paid his salary, not Detroit.

"on Loan" being someway of burying potential talent in Swe? I get it! Geez Peeps! if someone would of said that to begin with I would not of had much to say!

Thank You Addict!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 29 May 2011 - 06:10 PM.

#26 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

he isn't that short, if he gains some muscle and learns how to hipcheck he will be fine
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#27 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

"on Loan" being someway of burying potential talent in Swe? I get it! Geez Peeps! if someone would of said that to begin with I would not of had much to say!

Thank You Addict!

And he's not playing on "our dime". He only gets paid that money if he is on the Wings roster, otherwise he makes the AHL salary in the AHL, or his old SEL contract is bound to him by that club. If the Wings have zero problem, Babcock, Holland and Hakan have zero problems with loaning him out to a championship winning SEL club that'll play him top 4 minutes and use him in every circumstance against men who may or may not be as skilled as guys in the AHL, then I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.

I did say that, you just didn't read it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#28 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Great news. I can't wait to see this kid play in Grand Rapids. He's got 1st round offensive talent. According to Andersson his hockey IQ is off the charts. He's managed to raise some eyebrows in the SEL as well.

Yeah if he was really coming over to the AHL then I fear he would get crushed in every game.

Phil Housley and Brian Rafalski were shorter than Almqvist and hard pretty decent careers.

smith's replacement?

The ship hasn't sailed on Smith in Detroit this season. According to Jiri Fischer the Wings think he's a year away from really succeeding in the NHL but could step in this year. Where Smith plays this coming season depends on two things: A) what Holland does with the roster in the off-season, B) how Smith performs in camp.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#29 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

I did say that, you just didn't read it.

What ? Are you put out that I didnt give YOU credit too?!?!? Sorry You were so busy flaming me I could care less about what you were trying to say!

but if it makes you feel better! Thank You Konnan!

not to mention you quoted the wrong area of your post.... you should of highlighted the "On Loan" portion. that was what I was asking about. On Loan really means Hiding!

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan, 31 May 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#30 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

Phil Housley and Brian Rafalski were shorter than Almqvist and hard pretty decent careers.

They were pretty good skaters, though. Almqvist is both undersized (well, he is 0.39 inches shorter than Kronwall) and a below-average skater (at the moment).

Edited by Systemfel, 31 May 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

They were pretty good skaters, though. Almqvist is both undersized (well, he is 0.39 inches shorter than Kronwall) and a below-average skater (at the moment).

He's actually a decent skater. This is what one HFBoard member had to say about his skating this past season. And I'll take this guys word since he watches SEL games everyday and is from Sweden:

I would rank him as an average to just above average skater , when watching him you get the feeling the "bite" is not quite there. Be it because of lacking lower body strength or if it is not just in him, I cant tell. I have a hard time seeing him as a strong skater even if he continues to develop strength.

I have spoken to some people that actually likes his skating, saying he is fast, in my opinion that is his hockeysense coming into play. Not the speed. I might be wrong though.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".