• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Burrows should have gotten a game for the incident. Players get face-washed all the time, especially during the playoffs, and rarely do they ever feel the need to bite another player. The league has suspended players for biting before, and they should have here.

biting like a little ***** is now legal in the NHL....

Yup.

I guess Campbell wanted to spin the whacky wheel of NHL justice one last time...

Obviously this isn't so much about protecting players as it is protecting the game and its image. If the NHL wants to appear to be a legit sport, they need to handle stuff like this better. Can you imagine an NFL player biting an opposing player and not getting punished for it? Hell they wouldn't even allow that to go unpunished in a UFC bout. Biting a guy is bush league, and Campbell seems more than happy for the league to go back to bush league days.

I'm a little surprised Bettman didn't can Campbell much sooner. He was regularly involved in making bad situations for the NHL worse via his ridiculous punishments, thereby making Bettman's job harder if his goal is to increase the popularity of the league.

This was a minor incident, but it got press. First game of the Stanley Cup playoffs and non-hockey media mostly talked about is that a player bit another guy. Now they have a follow up that he didn't get any punishment for it.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Maybe I'm a little off base for thinking this, but does anyone else feel the league chose not to suspend Burrows in order to create more animosity between these 2 players/teams?

Maybe the league is looking for a little "Old Time Hockey" for the remainder of this series?

I doubt it would be for that reason, but then again, I wouldn't put anything past the brass of the NHL.

It's not enough that he doesn't have to live with the consequences of his dumbass, out-of-control actions, but the Canucks were cracking up over it. They probably still think it was all hilarious.

Hockey just got another black eye and it was self-inflicted.

It's not enough that he doesn't have to live with the consequences of his dumbass, out-of-control actions, but the Canucks were cracking up over it. They probably still think it was all hilarious.

Hockey just got another black eye and it was self-inflicted.

I'm laughing. And the only thing I find funnier is the holier-than-thou reaction.

A guy sticks his finger up my nose and tries to widen my left nostril and sticks a second one in my mouth -- damn right I'll bite it off.

Furthermore, I watched all the Sportsnet and TSN programs yesterday. Pretty much every analyst they had on said they had either been bitten by or had bitten someone in their careers during a face wash. And these aren't all young guys either. Hell, even Cliff Ronning said he bit Tie Domi. CLIFF RONNING!.. And Ronning bit Domi's bare finger. :lol:

Take a chill pill folks. This dog is older than all of us.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

I'm laughing. And the only thing I find funnier is the holier-than-thou reaction.

A guy sticks his finger up my nose and tries to widen my left nostril and sticks a second one in my mouth -- damn right I'll bite it off.

Furthermore, I watched all the Sportsnet and TSN programs yesterday. Pretty much every analyst they had on said they had either been bitten by or had bitten someone in their careers during a face wash. And these aren't all young guys either. Hell, even Cliff Ronning said he bit Tie Domi. CLIFF RONNING!.. And Ronning bit Domi's bare finger. :lol:

Ohh the irony of that statement.

Good thing we have a Vancouver fan here to tell us how we should feel about this. If it were a Bruin chomping down on a Canuck, I'm sure your stance would be the same. (no need to answer that. I know the response that's coming).

Facewashes are as old as the game of hockey. Funny how so few end in biting fingers like a little girl. Burrows continues to embarrass himself.

Beyond that, the league has suspended for the offense before, so regardless of how people feel about the incident, Ruutu got 2 games for a very similar move. It's not like there's not a precedent.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

:hysterical: This is me, guffawing away at your story about Ronning and Domi. Yeah boy, that made my day. Can't tell you how much my ribs hurt.

:huh2:This is also me, sort of wondering whether any of these broadcast hoohaas maybe suggested he should be suspended ANYway, but guessing what your answer would be anyway, true or false.

:tounge:Lastly, this is me knowing that you're a Canucks' fan. Hello?

P.S. I have no idea why two of the emoticons aren't showing up but I think you get my drift.

Edited by Vladifan

My response to Burrows biting...

The last time I bit someone, my Mom likes to tell this story, I was 4 at the time, and I bit my sister who was 2, and I made her cry. For a punishment, my Mom bit me, I've never bit anyone since.

:hysterical: This is me, guffawing away at your story about Ronning and Domi. Yeah boy, that made my day. Can't tell you how much my ribs hurt.

:eh:This is also me, sort of wondering whether any of these broadcast hoohaas maybe suggested he should be suspended ANYway, but guessing what your answer would be anyway, true or false.

:hehe:Lastly, this is me knowing that you're a Canucks' fan. Hello?

EXCUSE THE DOUBLE POST. THENK YEW. :cool:

Edited by Vladifan

Furthermore, I watched all the Sportsnet and TSN programs yesterday

Both Canadian stations, nuff said.

There's no reason or excuse to bite anyone unless you're a woman trying to defend yourself, a kid because you don't know any better, or Mike Tyson.

I dont care who it is or what team, if some guy sticks his fingers in my mouth in a scrum I'd bite them right off. f*** off with the facewashes and play the game like men, if you wanna fight someone sure, go for it. Dont facewash, that's the most infuriating thing for a hockey player.

That said, Game 2 is gonna be all the better because of no suspension. I'm sure WWE tag team champions Horton and Lucic will try and fight Burrows at least one time throughout the game :ph34r:

I dont care who it is or what team, if some guy sticks his fingers in my mouth in a scrum I'd bite them right off. f*** off with the facewashes and play the game like men, if you wanna fight someone sure, go for it. Dont facewash, that's the most infuriating thing for a hockey player.

That said, Game 2 is gonna be all the better because of no suspension. I'm sure WWE tag team champions Horton and Lucic will try and fight Burrows at least one time throughout the game :ph34r:

That's pretty much why they do it. :P

The simpler solution would be to knock his hand away. It's pretty hard for a guy to stick his finger in your mouth while he's wearing a hockey glove, unless you were opening it to bite him. As you bent your head down and grabbed his wrist with your hand no less.

Given Burrows history, a couple spears, punching a guy from the bench, some questionable hits, it's not like they didn't have cause to suspend him. But his douchey play goes unpunished once again.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Crymson

Apparently 6'4", 250lbs is the cutoff for being able to hit Chara effectively. Pierre says so.