• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Not sure if you think this post is funny or what (it's not), but comparing what Burrows did to rape and calling him a sadistic pedophile is uncalled for and just plain tasteless, even for someone with an obvious complex regarding the Canucks.

It's not funny. It's sad actually, especially since the NHL let him get away with such sadistic actions. To all the long time hockey fans and enthusiasts out there, this was a total slap in the face. So much for NHL trying to be respectable....

The only hope for NHL now is Brendan Shanahan. He can't take over soon enough. I am confident he'll salvage whatever's left of the NHL. I'll always remember that day as "when the Canucks' gutless and cowardly actions almost destroyed hockey".

For those who down play biting, really??? A full grown man who bites people is a something insane or sadistic people do. We're not talking about a car he drives, Dave. We're talking about a grown man whose career is to play hockey, yet he is biting people on national television.

When I was standing in line yesterday to pay for my gas and water, some lady and her two kids cut in front of me. I guess the right thing to do is bit them until my teeth pierced their flesh and they started bleeding. Apparently this is the acceptable thing to do nowadays.

Pffft, get for real. Burrows has issues. Full grown adults who bite people have serious (and I mean serious), and dangerous issues. He should be in counseling right now trying to get his issues solved, instead he's on TV so kids can watch him.

I thought about it, if one of Red Wings players were to bite someone, I am confident if the League didn't suspend him, Kenny Holland would. No way in HELL would Holland (or Red Wings brass) allow such thing on this team. Face washing, fighting, pushing, hitting, checking is part of hockey. They have rules for it. Biting, gouging eyeballs out, bringing guns out on the ice and shooting players is NOT part of hockey. Grown people who bite are sadistic creatures that should not be allowed free in civilization. If they can bite someone, they are capable of anything.

It's not funny. It's sad actually, especially since the NHL let him get away with such sadistic actions. To all the long time hockey fans and enthusiasts out there, this was a total slap in the face. So much for NHL trying to be respectable....

The only hope for NHL now is Brendan Shanahan. He can't take over soon enough. I am confident he'll salvage whatever's left of the NHL. I'll always remember that day as "when the Canucks' gutless and cowardly actions almost destroyed hockey".

For those who down play biting, really??? A full grown man who bites people is a something insane or sadistic people do. We're not talking about a car he drives, Dave. We're talking about a grown man whose career is to play hockey, yet he is biting people on national television.

When I was standing in line yesterday to pay for my gas and water, some lady and her two kids cut in front of me. I guess the right thing to do is bit them until my teeth pierced their flesh and they started bleeding. Apparently this is the acceptable thing to do nowadays.

Pffft, get for real. Burrows has issues. Full grown adults who bite people have serious (and I mean serious), and dangerous issues. He should be in counseling right now trying to get his issues solved, instead he's on TV so kids can watch him.

I thought about it, if one of Red Wings players were to bite someone, I am confident if the League didn't suspend him, Kenny Holland would. No way in HELL would Holland (or Red Wings brass) allow such thing on this team. Face washing, fighting, pushing, hitting, checking is part of hockey. They have rules for it. Biting, gouging eyeballs out, bringing guns out on the ice and shooting players is NOT part of hockey. Grown people who bite are sadistic creatures that should not be allowed free in civilization. If they can bite someone, they are capable of anything.

So what do you say about players who drop their helmets and gloves and punch each other in the face? I'm sure that's normal behaviour for grown men?

Burrows not being suspended for the bite is just like Nathan Horton not being suspended after he threw a water bottle at fans after Game 6 of the East Finals. Stupid, trivial bulls*** should not have any impact on these big time playoff games.

As for Heaten, I've never before witnessed someone lose their sanity in real time. Fascinating...

Face washing, fighting, pushing, hitting, checking is part of hockey. They have rules for it. Biting, gouging eyeballs out, bringing guns out on the ice and shooting players is NOT part of hockey. Grown people who bite are sadistic creatures that should not be allowed free in civilization. If they can bite someone, they are capable of anything.

Did she stick her hand in your mouth?

Maybe you should have face washed or fought her, by your logic those things are okay.

You are so far out to lunch it's hilarious, and almost disturbing.

Edited by henriksedin

Burrows biting is not funny, it's quite pathetic and sad. But comparing it to rape has to be one of the most idiotic thigns I have ever seen. I'm sure you were going hyperbole on us, but still.

But what is funny, are Bruin fans blaming the NHL for their lose because Burrows played.

How is biting someone who sticks his or her hand in your face a "sadistic" behavior? You're saying that if someone were trying to reach into your mouth in a violent fashion, you would just let them do it? I just cannot comprehend your logic in saying that if you bite someone in a hockey game you're going to be the next Jeffrey Dahmer. I don't agree with biting as I think it's childish and unsportmanslike, but not a sign of a mental disorder or instability.

I use to watch hockey with my kid (just a couple weeks ago), but since NHL now allows biting, I can no longer let my child watch this sport anymore.

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here.

If you are being serious, then this is one of the absolute funniest and over-the-top posts I have read here in a while, so kudos! :)

I'm not sure how many of you are being serious here, but I'm going to throw in my coupla coppers anyway.

Biting. Really? Biting is for 3-year-olds who have their toys taken by other kids, couples in the throes of a wild time, and prison fights. It is really only acceptable if you are defending yourself in a case where fighting fair is suspended, such as if you are being raped. (Believe me, I would stoop to that level to get away from a guy, and I defy anyone to challenge me on it after the fact.)

Given that this is my opinion on biting, it should be obvious to anyone reading this that I do not support what Burrows did, if he indeed did it on purpose. If the finger was shoved in his mouth and he bit down in anger, I understand, but don't agree. If Bergeron stuck his smelly hand (gloves stink, you know) into Burrows' mouth and Burrows retaliated by biting, then I'm just kind of shaking my head, but not really annoyed by it.

However, even if he did it, is this really that big of a deal? It's a bite. Little kids do it. Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it. My dear departed hamster Henrik bit me once, and let me tell you, those babies have some seriously sharp teeth. But, like Bergeron, I had stuck my finger in his mouth. (Sort of: I was letting him lick cool whip off of it.) Lesson learned. Do not stick your finger in someone's mouth unless you are certified by your country's dental association.

Biting is right up there with hair-pulling, eye-gouging, and *****-slapping. It's not good sportsmanship and should be penalized as such. Is it worth a suspension? Not unless you bite something off.

I know I've bitten people in my life, and I bet most of us have. This is my opinion. If yours is different, that's fine. You don't like it? Bite me.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Burrows biting is not funny, it's quite pathetic and sad. But comparing it to rape has to be one of the most idiotic thigns I have ever seen.

Agreed.

Right after I made the other comment about him being funny, I scrolled down and read that one that he made... One of the absolute stupidest, most moronic things I have read on this site. Actually, the internet for that matter. I am seriously in awe of the pure idiocy of his comments.

Its like the brain dead morons who compare every little thing that they don't like as being "like Hitler".

Edited by sleepwalker

I'm not sure how many of you are being serious here, but I'm going to throw in my coupla coppers anyway.

Biting. Really? Biting is for 3-year-olds who have their toys taken by other kids, couples in the throes of a wild time, and prison fights. It is really only acceptable if you are defending yourself in a case where fighting fair is suspended, such as if you are being raped. (Believe me, I would stoop to that level to get away from a guy, and I defy anyone to challenge me on it after the fact.)

Given that this is my opinion on biting, it should be obvious to anyone reading this that I do not support what Burrows did, if he indeed did it on purpose. If the finger was shoved in his mouth and he bit down in anger, I understand, but don't agree. If Bergeron stuck his smelly hand (gloves stink, you know) into Burrows' mouth and Burrows retaliated by biting, then I'm just kind of shaking my head, but not really annoyed by it.

However, even if he did it, is this really that big of a deal? It's a bite. Little kids do it. Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it. My dear departed hamster Henrik bit me once, and let me tell you, those babies have some seriously sharp teeth. But, like Bergeron, I had stuck my finger in his mouth. (Sort of: I was letting him lick cool whip off of it.) Lesson learned. Do not stick your finger in someone's mouth unless you are certified by your country's dental association.

Biting is right up there with hair-pulling, eye-gouging, and *****-slapping. It's not good sportsmanship and should be penalized as such. Is it worth a suspension? Not unless you bite something off.

I know I've bitten people in my life, and I bet most of us have. This is my opinion. If yours is different, that's fine. You don't like it? Bite me.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

That's what's wrong with it, it's something kids do, animals, women who need to defend themselves, and Mike Tyson. As mentioned, the last time I bit someone I was 4. It's something our mother's tell us not to do when we're growing up. We're talking about grown men here, it's embarrassing.

I suppose anything shy of breaking someones neck is something to laugh about to some teams fans...

Actually, I remember some laughing at that too.

Since we're talking about Canucks fans, I remember in 2002 when Bertuzzi hit Chelios from behind, I think it was Game 3, with a hit that could have broken Cheli's neck, and 'nucks fans went crazy.

Edit: Morons!

Edited by Barrie

That's what's wrong with it, it's something kids do, animals, women who need to defend themselves, and Mike Tyson. As mentioned, the last time I bit someone I was 4. It's something our mother's tell us not to do when we're growing up. We're talking about grown men here, it's embarrassing.

Embarrassing, yeah, but calling Burrows a "sadistic pedophile" for biting the finger which Bergeron had shoved into his mouth? That goes way, way too far.

Dear GOD. Someone is going to die one day from this. They will. That hit was wrong on so many levels. I mean WHAT?

This should be a Bettman call tonight, rest of the season and 20+ next year.

It's like aluminum bats in college baseball. One day a pitcher will die.