• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Got to feel bad for Horton, first off he went from Florida to Boston, he goes cellar dweller to playoff team.

That team goes to the playoffs, his first trip, and he has 3 game winners including two in game 7's.

His career looks to finally be coming around, and now he could be the next Marc Savard.

That was a severe concussion, think how long Crosby was out and his concussion was not as severe as Horton's.

Tragedy if this ends his career or derails it in any way.

Think about this Bruins team with Savard added.

I echo the sentiments that emotion and desperation got the B's through last night. But I am unsure how far that can carry them.

Van looks like a bunch of punks, they act all tough and then dive all over the place. They take cheap shots and act tough, but who was acting tough when Thornton was yapping at their bench, when Ference was daring Sedin to try it!

They Pussied out, Dats would have gone with Ference.

Well maybe not a real fight, but atleast get into with him like he did in the earlier round this year, throw a few gloved punches.

I know Detroit is not the toughest team, but they don't pretend to be.

I was rooting for Van, but am losing respect for them fast.

That was a severe concussion, think how long Crosby was out and his concussion was not as severe as Horton's.

I'd say look how long Crosby "has been" out...he hasn't come back yet. But more importantly, how can you possibly assess whose concusion is more severe?

That team goes to the playoffs, his first trip, and he has 3 game winners including two in game 7's.

His career looks to finally be coming around, and now he could be the next Marc Savard.

They seemed to believe that his headaches were a result of a sinus infection, not his concussion.

I started off not really giving a s*** about who one these Finals. However after it began I began to lean toward Van. only because Thomas is the only person I really care for either way on Bos.

But. After that mockery show last night to top off what I had seen the first two games out of Van, I think I might be rooting for Bos. now. I think I lied to myself about the amount of dives committed by that team; but seeing the Sedins flail to the ice at every opportunity, seeing Burrows flail his head back at the slightest touch; It's an embarrassment to Canadian hockey. Players like that don't deserve to win.

Then watching Aaron Rome deliver that late hit on Horton was the tipping point. He hadn't even committed to the hit until AFTER the puck left Horton's stick.

Vancouver needs to go to bed along with their 113 pt. season. As far as I am concerned it was just a fluke.

Probably the least watchable SCF in a while for me, which is also bad for the NHL if you're trying to market it. Maybe I'm just used to Red Wing hockey and am crazy spoiled in that regard.

All Boston has to do, which is really the only thing they are good at imo, is goon it up and they take the series. If they shy away from just playing physical they'll bow out in five like I originally thought. BUT, they throw 500 checks a game they have a shot.

The fan base for each team is equally as biased and annoying so that's a wash for me.

Good to hear Rome was suspended. It's unfortunate that taking out Horton for the rest of the series, and probably not having Rome in the lineup, really helps the Canucks. But there's nothing to be done about that. Just too bad the Bruins lose their second leading playoff scorer on a late hit.

What a crock of s***. The hit was late, that's it. No blindside. No elbow. You're gonna suspend a guy based on the outcome of a hit, nevermind the nature of it? Had Horton got right up, there might have been an interference minor called, nothing else. But because Horton was hurt, the hit MUST have been suspendable. Yikes, did Shanahan make this call?

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Someone get stuck on a ferry again?

I'm not going to be around as much during the finals guys. Got asked to help out on another hockey board. It will probably take a lot of my time, at least for now.

I know you will all miss the absolute hell out of me.

And please be kind to my team. :P

Seriously Broken - get your own ******* life and stop worrying about mine.

Edited by Chairman Maouth

Seriously Broken - get your own ******* life and stop worrying about mine.

Fish in a barrel I say.

Congrats. The Nucks have almost dove and slummed their way to a Cup. That team has actually made me prefer watching Office reruns to watching hockey.

Edited by Broken 16

This is a great, candid article from the Vancouver Sun. I'm proud of them for laying it out there.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Canucks+collapse+started+with+fall+Rome/4903011/story.html

I loved this article; they need to hire Cam Cole as the interim Canucks coach as Vigneault is lost at this point. The fact that he couldn't see anything wrong with this hit (moral relativism based on coaching loyalties) is what bothers me about this whole thing.

"If Horton wasn’t already out before he hit the ice, he was by the time the back of his helmeted head struck the surface — and the helmet might well have saved his life."

I stated this very thing to my girlfriend last night about this type of hit. Without his helmet, Horton is most likely dead after a hit of that magnitude. Fans love to talk about how Kronwall stones people at the blue line, however the puck being in possession is the key to determining the difference between a hockey play and a late hit. In the case of this hit on Horton, what I don't like about it is how late the hit occurs. To me, hockey needs to be about respect between players. I would have had no issue if a hip check had been placed as that would have been enough of a wake up call for Horton to keep his head up at center ice (Insert Mickey Redmond's voice here). However, Vancouver opted to play the game differently and now they've woken a sleeping giant. The Canucks trainer is going to be having some long nights over the next week or so.

Edited by TSM

Not gonna lie, that Lucic shot to the back of Burrows head was kind of funny. BOOM!

I think the Lucic shove to Mason Raymond is great. (1:08)

Concentrating on chirping Burrows, he barely even looks at him, gives him a shove that just screams, "GTFOH. I'm busy."

Edited by e_prime