• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Excellent Stanley Cup final. Great comeback game by the Canucks. I'm expecting Boston to force a Game 7.

As mentioned earlier, I originally said Canucks in 7, but then said whoever wins Game 4 will win the series. I've covered my butt either way, haha. I guess I should stick with whoever wins Game 4 since it's the most recent.

I can see this series going either way because with one game left in each city, I think Boston has a better chance to win on the road than Vancouver.

Looking forward to Game 6, despite Monday being one of the nights I play Baseball in the spring/summer.

Nice bounce back by Luongo as much as i dislike him. The reason i am going for the Nucks is not simply because im Canadian it is because i hate Boston's ****** fans and the fact that hockey is like a 5th sport to them while Nucks fans are living and dying with every second of the SCF, i actually like the players on Boston, Tim Thomas is the best goalie in the NHL(World). Nucks fans can also be obnoxious but hockey is all they have and they want it more. If you are going for Boston you are siding with the same chowder heads that root for the Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots.

Edited by Yak19

Nice bounce back by Luongo as much as i dislike him. The reason i am going for the Nucks is not simply because im Canadian it is because i hate Boston's ****** fans and the fact that hockey is like a 5th sport to them while Nucks fans are living and dying with every second of the SCF, i actually like the players on Boston, Tim Thomas is the best goalie in the NHL(World). Nucks fans can also be obnoxious but hockey is all they have and they want it more. If you are going for Boston you are siding with the same chowder heads that root for the Red Sox, Celtics and Patriots.

This.

I feel inclined to support Vancouver because of the huge fan support they have. They live hockey! As a Michigander now living in Arizona, I have come to loathe apathy towards hockey, and love those who love the game. This is nothing against Bruins fans, they've got a great fanbase for being in the States, but it simply cannot compare.

That said, I'd be happy if Boston won, too. Timmy Thomas is awesome. I guess I'm pretty neutral here. :lol:

Rats. I want Timmy to have a Cup, he deserves it. But his team and that power play will possibly prevent that. To quote the guy in my avatar: "If you do not score the goal, you do not win."

:huh: Too bad Boston couldn't find even two last night. So far the home team has won every game this series. If that holds true, Canucks have the Cup.

I am ambivalent on who I want to win. Boston, for Thomas, would be cool. But Vancouver for their fans, would also be very fine. I have a feeling the Cup parade in Vancouver would be epic. :P

Wait Boston has "****** fans" and Vancouver doesn't?

The Bruins are the team in the black and gold right?

Didn't seem like trash talking to me. 7uongo readily admits that because of Thomas' style that he is adept at making saves that he himself could not make, but the opposite is the same. If you stay in your net (Luongo), those saves aren't too difficult to make. Seems like a decent analysis.

Didn't seem like trash talking to me. 7uongo readily admits that because of Thomas' style that he is adept at making saves that he himself could not make, but the opposite is the same. If you stay in your net (Luongo), those saves aren't too difficult to make. Seems like a decent analysis.

Exactly.

Funny (and ridiculous) that you got negged for saying that. But this reading through this thread has shown me it is not a thread to "discuss the Canucks vs. Bruins" as some people have claimed, but merely a thread to praise the Bruins and hate the Canucks. Any posts made not doing one of those two things gets either attacked or negged.

I think his choice of wording and his manner made it seem like a dig. Regardless, still funny coming from a guy who let in more goals in one game than Thomas has all series.

I'm really hoping Boston can pull the upset. Not because I like Boston or dislike Vancouver. I just think Boston fans are less likely to spend the summer on here trying to convince us how great they are like Pittsburgh/Chicago fans did.

Edited by Buppy

I think his choice of wording and his manner made it seem like a dig. Regardless, still funny coming from a guy who let in more goals in one game than Thomas has all series.

I'm really hoping Boston can pull the upset. Not because I like Boston or dislike Vancouver. I just think Boston fans are less likely to spend the summer on here trying to convince us how great they are Pittsburgh/Chicago fans did.

Then he immediate said that Thomas can make saves that he (7uongo) can't, all based on playing style.

Exactly.

Funny (and ridiculous) that you got negged for saying that. But this reading through this thread has shown me it is not a thread to "discuss the Canucks vs. Bruins" as some people have claimed, but merely a thread to praise the Bruins and hate the Canucks. Any posts made not doing one of those two things gets either attacked or negged.

I have 4 haters on here that neg all my posts. I know who they are, which makes it even more funny.

Its not that Luongo is necessarily wrong in his assessment, its the irony of the timing when he just came off a 12 goal against performance in the past 2 games.

He is hardly in any position to critique someone else's performance - especially when that performance was a 1gaa game where Thomas STILL stood on his head and made some incredible saves.

I didn't notice Thomas bragging and boasting after his shutouts this year.

Its not that Luongo is necessarily wrong in his assessment, its the irony of the timing when he just came off a 12 goal against performance in the past 2 games.

He is hardly in any position to critique someone else's performance - especially when that performance was a 1gaa game where Thomas STILL stood on his head and made some incredible saves.

I didn't notice Thomas bragging and boasting after his shutouts this year.

He was asked a question and answered it. We (LGW/Americans/hockey fans) rip on Canadians for being so predictable and boring in press conferences or when interviewed, we are now ripping into guys who are honest? How is saying "Due to his playing style, it's harder for him to make those saves since he comes so far out, but goalies like me who stay in the net have an easy time with those. It's also because of that style that he is able to makes saves I can't". I don't see it as critiquing, just answering a question. I guess haters gunna hate, and I don't even like that rat looking turd.

Where did 7uongo boast or brag? Or was that just a general statement?