• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

He was asked a question and answered it. We (LGW/Americans/hockey fans) rip on Canadians for being so predictable and boring in press conferences or when interviewed, we are now ripping into guys who are honest? How is saying "Due to his playing style, it's harder for him to make those saves since he comes so far out, but goalies like me who stay in the net have an easy time with those. It's also because of that style that he is able to makes saves I can't". I don't see it as critiquing, just answering a question. I guess haters gunna hate, and I don't even like that rat looking turd.

Where did 7uongo boast or brag? Or was that just a general statement?

Except, those weren't his words at all. You can make anything sound nice and rosy if you take it out of context and change the words around.

To clarify, what he ACTUALLY said was: "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me..."

Not trying to make a big deal out of a small statement, I just found it ironic given the timing of his previous two performances. The way he said it sounded condescending and boastful. Nothing wrong with that, I just found it funny, coming from him.

Except, those weren't his words at all. You can make anything sound nice and rosy if you take it out of context and change the words around.

To clarify, what he ACTUALLY said was: "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me..."

Not trying to make a big deal out of a small statement, I just found it ironic given the timing of his previous two performances. The way he said it sounded condescending and boastful. Nothing wrong with that, I just found it funny, coming from him.

And you can make anything sound condescending by taking things out of context.

Watch, I'll show you:

“We talked about it before to try to get to get more shots at net especially with their goalie. We heard that he might leave some rebounds coming out. And playing more straight lines, going more to the net, instead of peeling out in the corners,” said Detroit captain Lidstrom, who acknowledges the Coyotes' goalie is one of the best in the league at shutting down the opponent.

"He's amazing, quick reflexes and a good head on his shoulders."

But then we only quote this part....

We talked about it before to try to get to get more shots at net especially with their goalie.

Wow! What a condescending prick. I thought Lidstrom was a nice guy, but he's clearly calling their goalie bad!

Man, this series is so weird. Neither team has any clue how to score when they play in Vancouve but when they go to Boston, the Bruins make the Canucks look like they have no clue how to play. Wonder if it will be the same in game six.

And you can make anything sound condescending by taking things out of context.

Watch, I'll show you:

But then we only quote this part....

Wow! What a condescending prick. I thought Lidstrom was a nice guy, but he's clearly calling their goalie bad!

Wow you're really reaching to try to make your example, aren't you? What does Lidstrom have to do with this? Calm down, man, jeez.

I guess myself and all of the NHL analysts simply saw it differently than you. I saw it as condescending, you didn't. No need to get so angry because someone has a differing opinion than your own.

Wow you're really reaching to try to make your example, aren't you? What does Lidstrom have to do with this? Calm down, man, jeez.

I guess myself and all of the NHL analysts simply saw it differently than you. I saw it as condescending, you didn't. No need to get so angry because someone has a differing opinion than your own.

I am calm. I'm not angry in the slightest. If you only knew the conversation I'm having with kook and Dawn/Karen right now you'd know that. Plus it's not reaching. You only included the first half of the quote and not the second half of the quote (same exact thing I did) where he states it's the style of play which also leads to him being able to make the harder saves as well.

I am calm. I'm not angry in the slightest. If you only knew the conversation I'm having with kook and Dawn/Karen right now you'd know that. Plus it's not reaching. You only included the first half of the quote and not the second half of the quote (same exact thing I did) where he states it's the style of play which also leads to him being able to make the harder saves as well.

But I used the exact words, instead of paraphrasing (and making it sound WAY more complimentary than it was). Bringing Lidstrom into this IS reaching. At least keep it on topic.

Honestly, don't care though dude, and I don't think you do either.

All I ever did was make a statement that I thought it was a funny comment. Wasn't trying to start a riot.

Go Bruins.

Edited by hooon

But I used the exact words, instead of paraphrasing (and making it sound WAY more complimentary than it was). Bringing Lidstrom into this IS reaching. At least keep it on topic.

Honestly, don't care though dude, and I don't think you do either.

All I ever did was make a statement that I thought it was a funny comment. Wasn't trying to start a riot.

Go Bruins.

Go Bruins.

Luongo may not have meant to take a jab at Thomas, but H.Sedin sure took one at Milbury.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Playoffs/Vancouver/2011/06/11/18270161.html

"By all means, stay on Thelma and Louise, I mean Henrik and Daniel," said Milbury, referring to the characters in the movie of the same name starring Susan Sarandon and Gina Davis.

Henrik Sedin heard about it from his son.

"That wasn’t too much fun," he said following last night’s 1-0 Canucks victory over the Bruins in Game 5. "My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Zing.

"My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Niiiiiiiiice. Haha. Not rooting for his team but way to go Henrik.

Zing.

Milbury has also been criticized for the many decisions he made in which payroll or orders for upper management were not factors. Many young players and prospects that Milbury traded away went on to have distinguished careers, often eclipsing those of the players he received in return. He has traded away:

Defensemen

Zdeno Chara,

Wade Redden,

Bryan Berard,

Eric Brewer,

Darius Kasparaitis,

Bryan McCabe;

Goalies

Roberto Luongo

Tommy Salo

Forwards Olli Jokinen,

Todd Bertuzzi,

Tim Connolly,

Raffi Torres.

Milbury has also come under fire for his draft day decisions such as choosing Rick DiPietro first overall in 2000 over Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik; as well as his decision to include the 2001 second overall draft pick (Jason Spezza) as part of the Alexei Yashin trade.

Year Cost Cap Hit buyout

2011-12

$2,204,000 $2,204,000 2012-13 $2,204,000 $2,204,000 2013-14 $2,204,000 $2,204,000 2014-15 $2,204,000 $2,204,000

Didn't seem like trash talking to me. 7uongo readily admits that because of Thomas' style that he is adept at making saves that he himself could not make, but the opposite is the same. If you stay in your net (Luongo), those saves aren't too difficult to make. Seems like a decent analysis.

He was asked a question and answered it. We (LGW/Americans/hockey fans) rip on Canadians for being so predictable and boring in press conferences or when interviewed, we are now ripping into guys who are honest? How is saying "Due to his playing style, it's harder for him to make those saves since he comes so far out, but goalies like me who stay in the net have an easy time with those. It's also because of that style that he is able to makes saves I can't". I don't see it as critiquing, just answering a question. I guess haters gunna hate, and I don't even like that rat looking turd.

Where did 7uongo boast or brag? Or was that just a general statement?

7uongo's analysis may have been accurate with regards to his chances of stopping the goal as opposed to Thomas', but it was trash talking. "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint, so, it's an easy save for me. But if you're wandering out and aggressing, like he does, that's gonna happen."

7uongo's basically saying that the goal happened because Thomas was careless.

7uongo's analysis may have been accurate with regards to his chances of stopping the goal as opposed to Thomas', but it was trash talking. "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint, so, it's an easy save for me. But if you're wandering out and aggressing, like he does, that's gonna happen."

Was Luongo wrong?

Since when is being aggressive being careless? Hasek was one of the most aggressive goalies I've ever watched, and I'd hardly call him careless. So again, everyone keeps taking 7uongo's quote out of context.

"I've been pumping his tires ever since the series started," he said, "and I haven't heard one nice thing he had to say about me, so that's the way it is."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=6652289

So Ro8erto 7uongo's feelings are hurt because Thomas hasn't said enough nice things about him? God. What a friggin cryass.

He very well could add a Stanley Cup to his Gold Medal, winning both by being a decent goaltender with a great team in front of him.

Was Luongo wrong?

That's the thing, you can criticize a specific goal here and there for Thomas, about how Luongo would've stopped it because he stayed in net. But then again, maybe he wouldn't have.

The biggest point is that as aggressive as Thomas's style is, it works 93.7 % of the time.

Edited for a misplaced decimal point. ;)

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Milbury has also been criticized for the many decisions he made in which payroll or orders for upper management were not factors. Many young players and prospects that Milbury traded away went on to have distinguished careers, often eclipsing those of the players he received in return. He has traded away:

Wade Redden doesn't really count; he was traded for Bryan Berard immediately after being drafted because Berard, drafted one pick sooner, refused to play for Ottawa.

Tim Connolly and Taylor Pyatt were dealt for Michael Peca. Peca starred for the Islanders for a few seasons as he tailed off, before being traded to Edmonton for Detroit native Mike York, a deal that gained back the Islanders a skilled young forward by dumping an older, declining forward on his last contract year.

Raffi Torres was traded with depth forward Brad Isbister to acquire Janne Niinimaa to solidify NYI's defense, as well as a 2nd and a 4th.

Eric Brewer was traded along with a mediocre prospect and a 2nd round pick for a 26-year-old Roman Hamrlik, who was one of the best defensemen in the league at the time. You would make that deal too.

Was Luongo wrong?

Since when is being aggressive being careless? Hasek was one of the most aggressive goalies I've ever watched, and I'd hardly call him careless. So again, everyone keeps taking 7uongo's quote out of context.

7uongo wasn't technically wrong in his analysis with regards to his style vs. Thomas' style. But his statement was "That's going to happen" in such a manner as if Thomas was acting carelessly. He said it in a flippant, arrogant manner suggesting he felt his style made him a better goaltender than Thomas.

It's like asking the question "What flavor of ice cream should I have for breakfast?" Technically, there's nothing wrong. But normal, healthy people don't have ice cream for breakfast; hence the problem.

7uongo wasn't technically wrong in his analysis with regards to his style vs. Thomas' style. But his statement was "That's going to happen" in such a manner as if Thomas was acting carelessly. He said it in a flippant, arrogant manner suggesting he felt his style made him a better goaltender than Thomas.

It's like asking the question "What flavor of ice cream should I have for breakfast?" Technically, there's nothing wrong. But normal, healthy people don't have ice cream for breakfast; hence the problem.

What's normal to you, may not be normal to other people. Some people on LGW think Hudler is a future superstar, but normal people know that's not true. You need to learn to be tolerant of other people and their eating habits Eva.

What's normal to you, may not be normal to other people. Some people on LGW think Hudler is a future superstar, but normal people know that's not true. You need to learn to be tolerant of other people and their eating habits Eva.

Please find me a dietician who says that Hudler sucks and it's for health reasons.

Note: I have never called Hudler a future superstar, please stop putting words in my mouth. TY.

Please find me a dietician who says that Hudler sucks and it's for health reasons.

Note: I have never called Hudler a future superstar, please stop putting words in my mouth. TY.

I never said you thought he was a future superstar. And I never said Hudler sucks for health reasons. Please don't put words in mouth. Thank you.

nice thing about Wings fans is that we still watch hockey after the Wings, we appreciate it, this cup final has been great, love this sport :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: