• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

SCF: Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

I've been rooting for Boston ever since discovering that the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows are flagrantly guilty of diving. Maybe it's because I grew up watching our top guys--Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Fedorov etc. etc.--be very classy on the ice, but I just can't respect a team whose top players behave in such an unsportsmanlike manner.

Yeah, it is pretty awful. If anything is right in the NHL, Boston will win game seven.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Lets hope Boston wins indeed. I went into this series not liking the Canucks. After seeing these 6 games, I never realized how classless they are. If they do win the Cup tomorrow, has there ever been a team which has won the Cup which has played like they have? I mean you listen to other hockey fans of other teams and they are all saying the same things we are. The Sedins' diving is pathetic. Like most others watching this series, I have become a Tim Thomas fan. I never realized how good he really is. I never could stand Luongo. Hopefully the Bruins win but I do not expect it. I hope I am wrong. They need to score first. The team which has done this has won all 6 games. Go Bruins!

Good job, Daniel. Pissing off the Bruins has worked real good for you so far.

Daniel Sedin: We'll win Game 7

Maybe they cut him off early and he meant to say "We'll win Game 7... in taking punches to the face."

I'm guessing it went like this:

Reporter: "Daniel, who do you think is going to win game 7?"

Daniel: "We're going to win game 7."

Reporter: "Thanks, that's all I need." (Rubs hands and cackles like a mad man.)

The decision for Vancouver has already been made, but let's play "IF":

IF Vancouver loses Game Seven with Luongo, how much blame can be heaped at Vigneault's feet, when he could use Schneider? Is it a case of blind faith or loyalty, based on past performance?

No, because Schneider is a backup goaltender. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no idea why people are under the impression Schneider will do amazing when Luongo has hardly hurt his team at home this series.

are infamous for flipflopping between being delusionally optimistic and inexplicably pessimistic about our team's chances.

Sounds a hell of a lot like LGW. :lol:

Edited by Doc Holliday

No, because Schneider is a backup goaltender. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no idea why people are under the impression Schneider will do amazing when Luongo has hardly hurt his team at home this series.

My favorite are the last two regular season GDTs. Pure comic gold.

Guest Crymson

Lets hope Boston wins indeed. I went into this series not liking the Canucks. After seeing these 6 games, I never realized how classless they are. If they do win the Cup tomorrow, has there ever been a team which has won the Cup which has played like they have? I mean you listen to other hockey fans of other teams and they are all saying the same things we are. The Sedins' diving is pathetic. Like most others watching this series, I have become a Tim Thomas fan. I never realized how good he really is. I never could stand Luongo. Hopefully the Bruins win but I do not expect it. I hope I am wrong. They need to score first. The team which has done this has won all 6 games. Go Bruins!

I went into this series rooting for the Canucks. That changed after three games.

I think they're worse. They've got a core of dedicated fans; outside of that is a gigantic circle of bandwagoners.

That is great, not even any fight back from Sedin. That's embarrassing

Totally. Better to fight back and satisfy your own anger issues and jeopardize a potential power play for the T E A M. :thumbup:

Edited by Jocke

Guest Crymson

My favorite are the last two regular season GDTs. Pure comic gold.

Didn't we win our last game?

I'm trying to figure out why Boston plays one way at home and the total opposite in Vancouver. Is it perhaps the time change? Being in the West, the Canucks are used to going in and out of time zones (like the Wings do) whereas the Bruins play all their games in the East and only go out west once or twice a season. Does this explain their lethargic play in Vancouver? I hope the Bruins win but it will likely be 1-0 Vancouver. Again. :ph34r:

Boston has played the same way all series.

The games in Boston have been blowouts because Vancouver hasn't shown up on the road. At home Vancouver has actually played hard.

At the end of the day, Vancouver has more talent then Boston, but without effort, it's only natural that they'd get blown out.

I don't think Boston has done anything differently at home than on the road.

I finally had to turn off the Team 1040 out of Vancouver. I couldn't take one more caller complaining that the refs weren't calling penalities out of the scrums after a whistle. Have they never seen a playoff game before? God I'm glad our Euro Twins know how to push back in a scrum.

They did have two really good callers though. One caller said he really hopes they do not win because he doesn't want this to be the Vancouver team that goes down in history as the first one to raise the Cup. He said the visctory would be "tainted" because they don't deserve it and he's embarrassed by them, big time, he said.

The other caller complained about all the other idiot callers. :siren: He was awesome.

Boston has played the same way all series.

The games in Boston have been blowouts because Vancouver hasn't shown up on the road. At home Vancouver has actually played hard.

At the end of the day, Vancouver has more talent then Boston, but without effort, it's only natural that they'd get blown out.

I don't think Boston has done anything differently at home than on the road.

Agreed 100%. +1.

Game 7 isn't going to come down to Boston or Luongo, it's going to come down to whether or not the defense infront of Luongo shows up and whether or not the Sedins don't actually suck donkey balls.

Man, I want Boston to win, but I haven't felt this detached from a Cup final in a long time. 08 and 09 were the Wings, 10 was hoping Chicago wouldn't win and hating Pronger's Philly. But this year, as much as I don't really like Vancouver, it's just a big...meh. You'd think a Game 7 Cup final would make every hockey fan salivate, but I'm pretty blase about this whole thing.

Any word on how popular this series is in the US, at least compared to the last few Cup finals? It just seems to me that this one isn't getting as much press as they have since '08.

One last time (thankfully)...

C'mon, Wankouver!

The headline says it all:

Which team deserves the Stanley Cup? Neither

From Toronto Star :

And enough with the justifications about the blowouts in Boston. Kevin Bieksa and Cory Schneider have both pointed out that hockey is not soccer aggregate scores dont matter. Maybe you guys should watch less of that sport, because all the least manly aspects of soccer are beginning to infect your own play.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

I really want Boston to win, but if Vancouver wins the cup the only one I will be happy for is Manny Maholtra because he is coming back from that awful eye injury.

I'm trying to think of players on the nucks that I still have some respect for and would want to see lift the Cup. Malhotra is about it.

There's been teams I've hated that I didn't want to see win the Cup (Chicago), but I can't remember just being embarrassed for a team like I am with Vancouver. Diving, whining, biting. It's been more like recess than the Cup finals.

Man, I want Boston to win, but I haven't felt this detached from a Cup final in a long time. 08 and 09 were the Wings, 10 was hoping Chicago wouldn't win and hating Pronger's Philly. But this year, as much as I don't really like Vancouver, it's just a big...meh. You'd think a Game 7 Cup final would make every hockey fan salivate, but I'm pretty blase about this whole thing.

Any word on how popular this series is in the US, at least compared to the last few Cup finals? It just seems to me that this one isn't getting as much press as they have since '08.

Agree with this too. I want Boston to win because Vancouver has been such ******* this playoffs and a portion of their fanbase is so awful, but I can't say I'm happy to see any of the Bruins lift the Cup either, other than Thomas.