1193 replies to this topic

#201 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:31 AM

offsides

See proof in picture above and retract previous statement.

#202 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Yup, offsides.

#203 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

Yup skate on the blue line and puck across.

Offsides it is. :rolleyes:

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut, 02 June 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#204 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

Great goaltending battle. BORING. I stopped watching after the second. Did I say Nucks in 6? Better make it 5.

#205 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,013 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

Bruins fans on HFBoards are really giving it to him. Apparently he's known by Bruins fans for making dumb plays.

Fun stat: Boychuk has been on the ice for every one of the last seven goals against the Bruins.

Bruins fans also seem to be universally fed up with Recchi.

Wow. That's brutal.

When the refs put their whistles away, there was actually some great hockey. There's a lot to like about the Canucks, but with the Sedins flopping like they do, Burrow's antics, and having some of the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen, they're friggin hard to root for.

hopefully the refs manage the game better than they did last night, because the first two periods felt like a carryover from the western conference (diving) finals.

#206 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

"This game is very entertaining. Scoring chances, special teams, great saves, biting, sweet signs, diving. What more can you ask for." ~ Paul Bissonnette

#207 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Definitely the wrong time to challenge for the puck by Boychuk. It didn't help that Chris Kelly decided to pick up nobody and back up Peverly. He stood and watched Kesler from six feet away while Torres flew right past him.

works every time

#208 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,013 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

"This game is very entertaining. Scoring chances, special teams, great saves, biting, sweet signs, diving. What more can you ask for." ~ Paul Bissonnette

Playing the game like men? :P

#209 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#210 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Toronto Star .

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#211 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

Posted Image

CORRECT CALL

offsides

See proof in picture above and retract previous statement.

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#212 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

Did I say Nucks in 6? Better make it 5.

No quite sure why you would change your prediction in favor of Vancouver more after that game. It ended 1-0 with the one goal being scored with 18 seconds left and the shots on goal being pretty much even. If anything, I get the impression this series will go 7, as it seems after one game, they are evenly matched.

#213 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

No quite sure why you would change your prediction in favor of Vancouver more after that game. It ended 1-0 with the one goal being scored with 18 seconds left and the shots on goal being pretty much even. If anything, I get the impression this series will go 7, as it seems after one game, they are evenly matched.

Yeah, I said that earlier. I could understand if the Canucks won big like 5-1 or something like that and people said it will be a short series but the game last night was just a great defense/goaltenders game. Should be a great series.

Edited by MGreenberg, 02 June 2011 - 11:44 AM.

#214 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

This. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a game that was like Game 1 last year with teams going back and forth with goals.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#215 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

Game 1 last night drew the highest US tv ratings (for a Game 1 in the Finals) since 1999. So much for the popular theory that Americans don't care when a Canadian team is involved. Kind of sick of hearing that one.

Yahoo/ratings

#216 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

No suspension for Burrows.

My link

"After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron."

I guess clear video footage from multiple angles doesn't constitute conclusive evidence anymore...
Posted Image

#217 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

My link

I guess clear video footage from multiple angles doesn't constitute conclusive evidence anymore...

Posted Image
/obligatory.

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#218 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

Damn it Campbell!

NHL screwed up on not suspending Burrows. There's already a precedent of suspending players who bite other players, and they chose not to suspend Burrows....gutless...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#219 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

Damn it Campbell!

NHL screwed up on not suspending Burrows. There's already a precedent of suspending players who bite other players, and they chose not to suspend Burrows....gutless...

Its not even that they didn't suspend him for it, its that they denied it even occurred.
Posted Image

#220 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

My link
"After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron."

Wow, just wow...

How does someone not intentionally bite down upon another person's finger, through someone's gloves, no less, to the point of bleeding? Mike Murphy is a dumbass.