• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#261 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

Chara's gotta be more aggressive than that.. Yikes.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#262 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#263 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

Completef****** joke, there is no other way to describe it.. The guy who shouldn't have even played in the game is literally the difference on all three goals....

Vancouver is going to win the Cup i.e. Next season can't come fast enough

#264 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

well, its also a joke that Horton scored the series winner against Tampa, when he should have been suspended.

#265 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

So I finally get to a TV as soon as OT is starting. Burrows scores on a brain-fart from Thomas and Chara not caring. NBC coverage over.

HOORAY NBC! :thumbdown:
IPB Image

#266 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:33 PM

Pure stupidity by all Bruins involved in OT. What the f*** was Thomas doing there diving like a mile out of his net. And does it always seem like players who should be suspended have the biggest games? Like the five OSU players who should have been gone during the bowl game.

#267 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Reminds me of 2009 when Malkin should have been suspended for Game 3.

Gonna be interesting sports talk radio on Monday.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#268 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

I haven't been watching the game since the officials have botched the last few playoff games (awardind phantom PPs). And with biting now allowed in the NHL, I don't watch hockey when the kids are awake because NHL hockey is now bad for kids. However, the little I did flip through the game to watch 2 minutes here, 3 minutes there, it was all Bruins. Canucks have had the easiest road to the finals that I've personally ever witnessed (and I have been watching hockey for over 20 years). Bottom line, will be a tragedy if those gutless Canucks win the cup. When they can get away with such coward and gutless antics as biting people, it proves that the sport has gone to s*** and has become the official trailer trash sport.

The way Canucks play the game is a disgrace to such a great sport. Now it has become trash, and kids should not be allowed to watch the game. I need to go take another shower, I feel dirty after watching half of the period.

Edited by Heaten, 04 June 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#269 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:48 PM

Anyone know what kind of ratings the finals are drawing? I dont' know if anyone is even paying attention, shy of hardcore hockey fans.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#270 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:51 PM

Anyone know what kind of ratings the finals are drawing? I dont' know if anyone is even paying attention, shy of hardcore hockey fans.

I heard in Boston for Game 1 they got higher ratings than the Celtics-Lakers. Also I heard Game 1 was the highest rated nhl game in the US since 1999.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#271 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:53 PM

I haven't been watching the game since the officials have botched the last few playoff games (awardind phantom PPs). And with biting now allowed in the NHL, I don't watch hockey when the kids are awake because NHL hockey is now bad for kids. However, the little I did flip through the game to watch 2 minutes here, 3 minutes there, it was all Bruins. Canucks have had the easiest road to the finals that I've personally ever witnessed (and I have been watching hockey for over 20 years). Bottom line, will be a tragedy if those gutless Canucks win the cup. When they can get away with such coward and gutless antics as biting people, it proves that the sport has gone to s*** and has become the official trailer trash sport.

The way Canucks play the game is a disgrace to such a great sport. Now it has become trash, and kids should not be allowed to watch the game. I need to go take another shower, I feel dirty after watching half of the period.

We coulda had this route if we woulda won the president's trophy. Instead the wings chose to suck on defense most of the year.

I heard in Boston for Game 1 they got higher ratings than the Celtics-Lakers. Also I heard Game 1 was the highest rated nhl game in the US since 1999.

I heard the NHL didn't even draw a 1 rating which his horrific in game 1. But, I have no link, just heard it on the radio.

Hence whY i'm asking.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#272 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Canucks have had the easiest road to the finals that I've personally ever witnessed (and I have been watching hockey for over 20 years).

2008 we had an easy road to the Cup.

I heard the NHL didn't even draw a 1 rating which his horrific in game 1. But, I have no link, just heard it on the radio.

Hence whY i'm asking.

My source if from the radio as well. Although I find it hard to believe Game 1 of 2011 was more watched than the Wings-Pens and Flyers-B.Hawks finals!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#273 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Nearly as good as the win; Lapierre trolling Bergeron.

Posted Image

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 04 June 2011 - 11:05 PM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#274 purebooyah

purebooyah

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hence whY i'm asking.

Here's a link from nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Highest rated game 1 in 12 years. Still didn't come close to beating SCF Game 6 last year which was the highest rated game in 36 years or something like that.

#275 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

Here's a link from nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Highest rated game 1 in 12 years. Still didn't come close to beating SCF Game 6 last year which was the highest rated game in 36 years or something like that.

Oh ok, highest rated Game 1, that makes sense.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#276 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:23 PM

So I finally get to a TV as soon as OT is starting. Burrows scores on a brain-fart from Thomas and Chara not caring. NBC coverage over.

HOORAY NBC! :thumbdown:

Really? That sucks, good thing in Detroit we can see the CBC feed. I know I should maybe tune into the NBC feed to help the US ratings but I cannot stand their play by play.

#277 Save The Octopus

Save The Octopus

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:26 PM

Really? That sucks, good thing in Detroit we can see the CBC feed. I know I should maybe tune into the NBC feed to help the US ratings but I cannot stand their play by play.

At least they don't have a hard on for the Canucks like CBC does. I get that there will be a slight bias but come on.

#278 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

Reminds me of 2009 when Malkin should have been suspended for Game 3.

Gonna be interesting sports talk radio on Monday.

No, he shouldn't have.

Posted Image

#279 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

That's the weakness with having a goalie like Thomas.

He's too wild and unpredictable, which occasionally causes him to do stupid things even in the most important moments.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#280 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

At least they don't have a hard on for the Canucks like CBC does. I get that there will be a slight bias but come on.

It's pretty easy to filter out the bias parts and I rather do that than listen to NBC which is shown in HD.

As far as the actually game goes the Bruins are so up and down in games it's amazing. Even after they scored the second goal I was just waiting for Vancouver to tie it up and win it. Nucks can move the puck so damn good once they settle things down it disgusting.