• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#321 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

Heaten, that is some 24 carat crazy-ass s*** you posted my man.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 06 June 2011 - 01:40 AM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#322 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:37 AM

Ya ummm.. way out there on the 'rape' comments and stuff about your kid but I'd remind folks that Burrows denies biting Bergeron and many suggest Bergeron tried to fish hook Burrows. I dont approve of allot of stuff that happens in the league today but if we are going to suggest that this finger cut warrants the same kind of suspension as concussing someone by hitting them in the numbers well.. I'd rather have the finger cut and make girly jokes about the player that did it.

Fact is, finger cut is COMPLETELY forgotten by the end of game #2 if it wasn't for said finger cuttER being the star that won the game ;)

#323 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

My biggest issue with biting now being allowed in the NHL is make the sport no longer a family sport. I use to watch hockey with my kid (just a couple weeks ago), but since NHL now allows biting, I can no longer let my child watch this sport anymore.

NHL has become a trashy sport since Burrows biting people, moreso the NHL allowing it happen.
(he bites people, how a sane person can bite another human being is beyond me - if he's capable of biting, he's probably capable of doing other sadistic things, perhaps to women and children) - I can't let my child see that kind of stuff... especially from something that is suppose to be a respectable sport. NBC and Versus should pull the finals and not air anymore games until NHL fixes these issues.

Wow... Really? Fighting is not an issue, but that little bite is? :blink:

#324 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

I have become embarrassed of being an NHL hockey fan because of it. Canucks fans think it's cute, but I really think Burrows has deep sadistic issues. A full grown man biting people?? That's just embarrassing. Mike Tyson did it, but look were he came from...HE WAS IN PRISON FOR RAPE. Burrows bites people like convicted women rapers. Who knows what else the sadistic pedophile is capable of...

What's even worse, NHL allows it...

I thought that first post was sarcasm, then you posted this. Seriously dude? Ted Bundy drove a VW, does that mean all VW drivers are serial killers?

#325 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:28 AM

I have become embarrassed of being an NHL hockey fan because of it. Canucks fans think it's cute, but I really think Burrows has deep sadistic issues. A full grown man biting people?? That's just embarrassing. Mike Tyson did it, but look were he came from...HE WAS IN PRISON FOR RAPE. Burrows bites people like convicted women rapers. Who knows what else the sadistic pedophile is capable of...

So one guy not being suspended for biting is the straw that broke the camel's back? Hope you never let your kid watch any Matt Cooke games, that's more of a disgrace than this.

Edited by Konnan511, 06 June 2011 - 07:28 AM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#326 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:02 AM

C'mon, Wankouver!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#327 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

I hope Heaten's sleeping off the worst hangover of his life right now. It's his only defense.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#328 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Boston wins tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#329 henriksedin

henriksedin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

Not sure if you think this post is funny or what (it's not), but comparing what Burrows did to rape and calling him a sadistic pedophile is uncalled for and just plain tasteless, even for someone with an obvious complex regarding the Canucks.

Edited by henriksedin, 06 June 2011 - 10:44 AM.

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ April 1, 2004 - 04:09PM)
I would rather have Vancouver drink the brain juice out of their splintered skulls than have Colorado win another Stanley Cup.

#330 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Should have a new History Will be Made commercial.

History Bites its way to a 2-0 lead

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#331 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

Not sure if you think this post is funny or what (it's not), but comparing what Burrows did to rape and calling him a sadistic pedophile is uncalled for and just plain tasteless, even for someone with an obvious complex regarding the Canucks.

It's not funny. It's sad actually, especially since the NHL let him get away with such sadistic actions. To all the long time hockey fans and enthusiasts out there, this was a total slap in the face. So much for NHL trying to be respectable....

The only hope for NHL now is Brendan Shanahan. He can't take over soon enough. I am confident he'll salvage whatever's left of the NHL. I'll always remember that day as "when the Canucks' gutless and cowardly actions almost destroyed hockey".

For those who down play biting, really??? A full grown man who bites people is a something insane or sadistic people do. We're not talking about a car he drives, Dave. We're talking about a grown man whose career is to play hockey, yet he is biting people on national television.

When I was standing in line yesterday to pay for my gas and water, some lady and her two kids cut in front of me. I guess the right thing to do is bit them until my teeth pierced their flesh and they started bleeding. Apparently this is the acceptable thing to do nowadays.

Pffft, get for real. Burrows has issues. Full grown adults who bite people have serious (and I mean serious), and dangerous issues. He should be in counseling right now trying to get his issues solved, instead he's on TV so kids can watch him.

I thought about it, if one of Red Wings players were to bite someone, I am confident if the League didn't suspend him, Kenny Holland would. No way in HELL would Holland (or Red Wings brass) allow such thing on this team. Face washing, fighting, pushing, hitting, checking is part of hockey. They have rules for it. Biting, gouging eyeballs out, bringing guns out on the ice and shooting players is NOT part of hockey. Grown people who bite are sadistic creatures that should not be allowed free in civilization. If they can bite someone, they are capable of anything.

#332 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

Lapierre taunting Bergeron by daring him to bite his hand was pretty stupid, however.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#333 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

It's not funny. It's sad actually, especially since the NHL let him get away with such sadistic actions. To all the long time hockey fans and enthusiasts out there, this was a total slap in the face. So much for NHL trying to be respectable....

The only hope for NHL now is Brendan Shanahan. He can't take over soon enough. I am confident he'll salvage whatever's left of the NHL. I'll always remember that day as "when the Canucks' gutless and cowardly actions almost destroyed hockey".

For those who down play biting, really??? A full grown man who bites people is a something insane or sadistic people do. We're not talking about a car he drives, Dave. We're talking about a grown man whose career is to play hockey, yet he is biting people on national television.

When I was standing in line yesterday to pay for my gas and water, some lady and her two kids cut in front of me. I guess the right thing to do is bit them until my teeth pierced their flesh and they started bleeding. Apparently this is the acceptable thing to do nowadays.

Pffft, get for real. Burrows has issues. Full grown adults who bite people have serious (and I mean serious), and dangerous issues. He should be in counseling right now trying to get his issues solved, instead he's on TV so kids can watch him.

I thought about it, if one of Red Wings players were to bite someone, I am confident if the League didn't suspend him, Kenny Holland would. No way in HELL would Holland (or Red Wings brass) allow such thing on this team. Face washing, fighting, pushing, hitting, checking is part of hockey. They have rules for it. Biting, gouging eyeballs out, bringing guns out on the ice and shooting players is NOT part of hockey. Grown people who bite are sadistic creatures that should not be allowed free in civilization. If they can bite someone, they are capable of anything.

So what do you say about players who drop their helmets and gloves and punch each other in the face? I'm sure that's normal behaviour for grown men?

#334 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

I've seen several other examples of biting incidents in the NHL that have gone unpunished...why is this incident any different?

#335 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

I am hoping for a VAN sweep, so we can get this off-season underway!!!!

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#336 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Burrows not being suspended for the bite is just like Nathan Horton not being suspended after he threw a water bottle at fans after Game 6 of the East Finals. Stupid, trivial bulls*** should not have any impact on these big time playoff games.

As for Heaten, I've never before witnessed someone lose their sanity in real time. Fascinating...
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#337 henriksedin

henriksedin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

Face washing, fighting, pushing, hitting, checking is part of hockey. They have rules for it. Biting, gouging eyeballs out, bringing guns out on the ice and shooting players is NOT part of hockey. Grown people who bite are sadistic creatures that should not be allowed free in civilization. If they can bite someone, they are capable of anything.

Did she stick her hand in your mouth?

Maybe you should have face washed or fought her, by your logic those things are okay.

You are so far out to lunch it's hilarious, and almost disturbing.

Edited by henriksedin, 06 June 2011 - 03:43 PM.

QUOTE (Heroes of Hockeytown @ April 1, 2004 - 04:09PM)
I would rather have Vancouver drink the brain juice out of their splintered skulls than have Colorado win another Stanley Cup.

#338 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

Burrows biting is not funny, it's quite pathetic and sad. But comparing it to rape has to be one of the most idiotic thigns I have ever seen. I'm sure you were going hyperbole on us, but still.

But what is funny, are Bruin fans blaming the NHL for their lose because Burrows played.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#339 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

How is biting someone who sticks his or her hand in your face a "sadistic" behavior? You're saying that if someone were trying to reach into your mouth in a violent fashion, you would just let them do it? I just cannot comprehend your logic in saying that if you bite someone in a hockey game you're going to be the next Jeffrey Dahmer. I don't agree with biting as I think it's childish and unsportmanslike, but not a sign of a mental disorder or instability.

#340 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

That's awesome by Cherry. "No you stop it!" :lol:

But I thought all the douchey s*** like Burrows does is as old as the game of hockey? The diving, hiding behind refs, biting?

Ahh Harold, what a crazy bastard that guy was. Laughing at Clark. Just awesome.

The thing is, it's not like Burrows is a marginal player doing whatever it takes to stay on the team. That's the disturbing trend. The diving and antics like Burrows is happening more and more with star players. H. Sedin is a friggin Art Ross and Hart winner, and he's diving out there worse than Forsberg ever did. And Floppa at least had the excuse that it was the clutch and grab era so he had guys waterskiing off of him the whole game.

The Sedins, Kesler, Thorton, Dustin Brown, and on and on. It's annoying. If I wanted to watch guys flop and then cry to the refs all the time, I'd watch the NBA. Or worse, soccer.

Instead of Roenick calling out Marleau for being gutless, I wish former players who are analysts would call out these guys for diving and crying so much. Biting a guys finger, falling down like you've been shot, that's not old time hockey.

If we're lucky maybe Shanny will call out some of those whom are guilty of diving/feigning injury.

'Evolution' created by Offsides