• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#341 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

I use to watch hockey with my kid (just a couple weeks ago), but since NHL now allows biting, I can no longer let my child watch this sport anymore.

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic here.

If you are being serious, then this is one of the absolute funniest and over-the-top posts I have read here in a while, so kudos! :)

#342 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

I hope Heaten's sleeping off the worst hangover of his life right now. It's his only defense.

:clap:
IPB Image

#343 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

I'm not sure how many of you are being serious here, but I'm going to throw in my coupla coppers anyway.

Biting. Really? Biting is for 3-year-olds who have their toys taken by other kids, couples in the throes of a wild time, and prison fights. It is really only acceptable if you are defending yourself in a case where fighting fair is suspended, such as if you are being raped. (Believe me, I would stoop to that level to get away from a guy, and I defy anyone to challenge me on it after the fact.)

Given that this is my opinion on biting, it should be obvious to anyone reading this that I do not support what Burrows did, if he indeed did it on purpose. If the finger was shoved in his mouth and he bit down in anger, I understand, but don't agree. If Bergeron stuck his smelly hand (gloves stink, you know) into Burrows' mouth and Burrows retaliated by biting, then I'm just kind of shaking my head, but not really annoyed by it.

However, even if he did it, is this really that big of a deal? It's a bite. Little kids do it. Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it. My dear departed hamster Henrik bit me once, and let me tell you, those babies have some seriously sharp teeth. But, like Bergeron, I had stuck my finger in his mouth. (Sort of: I was letting him lick cool whip off of it.) Lesson learned. Do not stick your finger in someone's mouth unless you are certified by your country's dental association.

Biting is right up there with hair-pulling, eye-gouging, and *****-slapping. It's not good sportsmanship and should be penalized as such. Is it worth a suspension? Not unless you bite something off.

I know I've bitten people in my life, and I bet most of us have. This is my opinion. If yours is different, that's fine. You don't like it? Bite me.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#344 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

Burrows biting is not funny, it's quite pathetic and sad. But comparing it to rape has to be one of the most idiotic thigns I have ever seen.

Agreed.

Right after I made the other comment about him being funny, I scrolled down and read that one that he made... One of the absolute stupidest, most moronic things I have read on this site. Actually, the internet for that matter. I am seriously in awe of the pure idiocy of his comments.

Its like the brain dead morons who compare every little thing that they don't like as being "like Hitler".

Edited by sleepwalker, 06 June 2011 - 04:45 PM.

#345 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm not sure how many of you are being serious here, but I'm going to throw in my coupla coppers anyway.

Biting. Really? Biting is for 3-year-olds who have their toys taken by other kids, couples in the throes of a wild time, and prison fights. It is really only acceptable if you are defending yourself in a case where fighting fair is suspended, such as if you are being raped. (Believe me, I would stoop to that level to get away from a guy, and I defy anyone to challenge me on it after the fact.)

Given that this is my opinion on biting, it should be obvious to anyone reading this that I do not support what Burrows did, if he indeed did it on purpose. If the finger was shoved in his mouth and he bit down in anger, I understand, but don't agree. If Bergeron stuck his smelly hand (gloves stink, you know) into Burrows' mouth and Burrows retaliated by biting, then I'm just kind of shaking my head, but not really annoyed by it.

However, even if he did it, is this really that big of a deal? It's a bite. Little kids do it. Birds do it. Bees do it. Even educated fleas do it. My dear departed hamster Henrik bit me once, and let me tell you, those babies have some seriously sharp teeth. But, like Bergeron, I had stuck my finger in his mouth. (Sort of: I was letting him lick cool whip off of it.) Lesson learned. Do not stick your finger in someone's mouth unless you are certified by your country's dental association.

Biting is right up there with hair-pulling, eye-gouging, and *****-slapping. It's not good sportsmanship and should be penalized as such. Is it worth a suspension? Not unless you bite something off.

I know I've bitten people in my life, and I bet most of us have. This is my opinion. If yours is different, that's fine. You don't like it? Bite me.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

That's what's wrong with it, it's something kids do, animals, women who need to defend themselves, and Mike Tyson. As mentioned, the last time I bit someone I was 4. It's something our mother's tell us not to do when we're growing up. We're talking about grown men here, it's embarrassing.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#346 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

I suppose anything shy of breaking someones neck is something to laugh about to some teams fans...

Actually, I remember some laughing at that too.

Since we're talking about Canucks fans, I remember in 2002 when Bertuzzi hit Chelios from behind, I think it was Game 3, with a hit that could have broken Cheli's neck, and 'nucks fans went crazy.

Edit: Morons!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-oz4l35VVg

Edited by Barrie, 06 June 2011 - 05:31 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#347 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

I bet Hextall was somewhere behind a TV screen applauding that Bertuzzi hit :lol:

#348 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Lapierre taunting Bergeron by daring him to bite his hand was pretty stupid, however.

In general, anything Lapierre does is stupid.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#349 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

Come on Bruins!!!!

#350 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

That's what's wrong with it, it's something kids do, animals, women who need to defend themselves, and Mike Tyson. As mentioned, the last time I bit someone I was 4. It's something our mother's tell us not to do when we're growing up. We're talking about grown men here, it's embarrassing.

Embarrassing, yeah, but calling Burrows a "sadistic pedophile" for biting the finger which Bergeron had shoved into his mouth? That goes way, way too far.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#351 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:26 PM

Dont think Rome meant to hurt him, but it was late and now he's gone.

#NOMOREKINDL

#352 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

Man, I hope Thornton's okay :unsure:

#353 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

Beautiful hit.

#354 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Dear GOD. Someone is going to die one day from this. They will. That hit was wrong on so many levels. I mean WHAT?

This should be a Bettman call tonight, rest of the season and 20+ next year.

It's like aluminum bats in college baseball. One day a pitcher will die.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#355 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

Ya it really didn't look any nastier than many hits throughout the playoffs, less so even. I hope Hortan's Ok. Boston wanted to come out hitting hard, this was the result.. not good.

#356 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

Dear GOD. Someone is going to die one day from this. They will. That hit was wrong on so many levels. I mean WHAT?

This should be a Bettman call tonight, rest of the season and 20+ next year.

It's like aluminum bats in college baseball. One day a pitcher will die.

First, I hope that Horton is okay. I've grown to really like his play this year.

With that said, the hit was late but it was not blindside or to the head. Maybe I didn't see what you saw, but what did you see (other than the sheer impact of the hit) that would lead you to want a 20+ game suspension?

#357 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

Boston's powerplay may have just lost them the game.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#358 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

love the physical play in this game. well not the dirty hit but the clean s***.

#359 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Ya it really didn't look any nastier than many hits throughout the playoffs, less so even. I hope Hortan's Ok. Boston wanted to come out hitting hard, this was the result.. not good.

Not good? It was another out-of-control, stupid, ill-timed, cheapshot hit. Other than that, it seems to be pretty typical of the Canucks' play. (Other than the blatant arrogance, of course.) Even if your boys win the Cup, I fervently hope it comes back sooner than usual to bite you all in the ass. Horton is one of their better players. Who the hell is Rome?

KICK ASS, BRUINS!! USE IT!!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#360 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

horton shouldn't have been admiring his pass.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL