• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#361 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:44 PM

Any chance Burrows and Lapierre skate into each other and destroy each other's ACLs? That'd be greeeeeat.

#362 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:46 PM

horton shouldn't have been admiring his pass.

And Rome shouldn't have hit him after the puck left his stick.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#363 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

I love physical hockey. Keep hitting guys! :thumbup:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#364 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

At this rate, for next year, I'd be surprised if either of these teams get past the 2nd round.

#365 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

And Rome shouldn't have hit him after the puck left his stick.

It was late, yes. But there was no intent, and it wasnt a dirty act. It was unfortunate, but he's gone and the Bruins had there chance to make Vancouver pay and messed up.

#NOMOREKINDL

#366 aMonster

aMonster

Rookie

• Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

Ya I mean no one can say Romer is a cheap shot artist or has ever demonstrated any history of trying to hurt anyone. Sorry Vladifin, this is the Stanley Cup final and late hits, among other things... happen. I suspect you'd be just fine with the same hit had it occurred against Burrows.

#367 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

First, I hope that Horton is okay. I've grown to really like his play this year.

With that said, the hit was late but it was not blindside or to the head. Maybe I didn't see what you saw, but what did you see (other than the sheer impact of the hit) that would lead you to want a 20+ game suspension?

It was the shoulder first lunge right towards his head. That's what I saw. Yeah the game moves fast but he saw his opportunity to lay someone out.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#368 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

it was a good hit. horton had a severe case of being a little *****. word is he's responsive at the hospital, and the doctor prescribed a heavy dose of man the f*** up.

Edited by stinky fish taco, 06 June 2011 - 07:58 PM.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#369 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

Ya it really didn't look any nastier than many hits throughout the playoffs, less so even. I hope Hortan's Ok. Boston wanted to come out hitting hard, this was the result.. not good.

Are you implying that Rome's hit on Horton was somehow Boston's fault?

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 06 June 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#370 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

it was a good hit. horton had a severe case of being a little *****. word is he's responsive at the hospital, and the doctor prescribed a heavy dose of man the f*** up.

I'm really surprised you're allowed to think

#371 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Ya I mean no one can say Romer is a cheap shot artist or has ever demonstrated any history of trying to hurt anyone. Sorry Vladifin, this is the Stanley Cup final and late hits, among other things... happen. I suspect you'd be just fine with the same hit had it occurred against Burrows.

Yeah, I know it's the Stanley Cup final, and that's all the more reason they should ALL play like they have a brain in their head so they're not kicked out of the game. ANY coach in the league would tell his guys that. Late hits happen throughout the season. Hello? And as for the same hit on Burrows? No I wouldn't be "just fine" with that, so stop trying to read my mind. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Bottom line? It was a stupid, out-of-control hit.

But you know what really bugs me the most about the Canucks? I thought you'd never ask. The arrogance. The "up yours" attitude even when they know they've done something stupid and suspendable (and not got called for it). And yes, I'm referring to the finger bite. Instead of just moving on and letting it go, they decided to come back and be all cutesy and coy and macho and DUMB. You gotta earn the Cup in more ways than one, Bubba.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#372 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

YEAAAH!! :siren:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#373 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

:lol: Well now, I think you should go out there anytime you're free and show us how a "man" takes a hit like that. I'll even figure out a way to call up Mac or maybe Bertuzzi to do the honors.

#374 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

:lol: Well now, I think you should go out there anytime you're free and show us how a "man" takes a hit like that. I'll even figure out a way to call up Mac or maybe Bertuzzi to do the honors.

sorry, mac's too busy completely embarrassing himself doing signing events with claude lemieux for a few bucks to have the time.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#375 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

Bruins scored a power play goal?!?!
-Steve Yzerman

#376 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

I doubt Rome will get suspended. The league will say they could find no conclusive evidence that a hit took place.

#377 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

I doubt Rome will get suspended. The league will say they could find no conclusive evidence that a hit took place.

Nah, they'll say there's no conclusive evidence that Rome meant to hit Horton and that Horton shouldn't have stuck his fingers in Rome's mouth.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#378 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

Nah, they'll say there's no conclusive evidence that Rome meant to hit Horton and that Horton shouldn't have stuck his fingers in Rome's mouth.

:lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#379 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

It was late, yes. But there was no intent, and it wasnt a dirty act. It was unfortunate, but he's gone and the Bruins had there chance to make Vancouver pay and messed up.

You're right. I don't think there was any intent, really.

#380 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

What a goal by Marchand!
-Steve Yzerman