• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#481 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Got to feel bad for Horton, first off he went from Florida to Boston, he goes cellar dweller to playoff team.
That team goes to the playoffs, his first trip, and he has 3 game winners including two in game 7's.
His career looks to finally be coming around, and now he could be the next Marc Savard.
That was a severe concussion, think how long Crosby was out and his concussion was not as severe as Horton's.
Tragedy if this ends his career or derails it in any way.

Think about this Bruins team with Savard added.

I echo the sentiments that emotion and desperation got the B's through last night. But I am unsure how far that can carry them.

Van looks like a bunch of punks, they act all tough and then dive all over the place. They take cheap shots and act tough, but who was acting tough when Thornton was yapping at their bench, when Ference was daring Sedin to try it!

They Pussied out, Dats would have gone with Ference.

Well maybe not a real fight, but atleast get into with him like he did in the earlier round this year, throw a few gloved punches.
I know Detroit is not the toughest team, but they don't pretend to be.

I was rooting for Van, but am losing respect for them fast.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#482 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

Glad to see Boston win. Hope they can keep it up. :thumbup:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#483 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

That was a severe concussion, think how long Crosby was out and his concussion was not as severe as Horton's.

I'd say look how long Crosby "has been" out...he hasn't come back yet. But more importantly, how can you possibly assess whose concusion is more severe?

#484 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

This is a great, candid article from the Vancouver Sun. I'm proud of them for laying it out there.

http://www.vancouver...3011/story.html

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#485 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:35 AM

That team goes to the playoffs, his first trip, and he has 3 game winners including two in game 7's.
His career looks to finally be coming around, and now he could be the next Marc Savard.

They seemed to believe that his headaches were a result of a sinus infection, not his concussion.

Posted Image

#486 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

I started off not really giving a s*** about who one these Finals. However after it began I began to lean toward Van. only because Thomas is the only person I really care for either way on Bos.

But. After that mockery show last night to top off what I had seen the first two games out of Van, I think I might be rooting for Bos. now. I think I lied to myself about the amount of dives committed by that team; but seeing the Sedins flail to the ice at every opportunity, seeing Burrows flail his head back at the slightest touch; It's an embarrassment to Canadian hockey. Players like that don't deserve to win.

Then watching Aaron Rome deliver that late hit on Horton was the tipping point. He hadn't even committed to the hit until AFTER the puck left Horton's stick.

Vancouver needs to go to bed along with their 113 pt. season. As far as I am concerned it was just a fluke.

#487 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

Here's the Thomas check on Sedin with on ice sound from NHL Networks...

http://video.nhl.com...tid=0&id=117186

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#488 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Probably the least watchable SCF in a while for me, which is also bad for the NHL if you're trying to market it. Maybe I'm just used to Red Wing hockey and am crazy spoiled in that regard.

All Boston has to do, which is really the only thing they are good at imo, is goon it up and they take the series. If they shy away from just playing physical they'll bow out in five like I originally thought. BUT, they throw 500 checks a game they have a shot.

The fan base for each team is equally as biased and annoying so that's a wash for me.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#489 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Ehrhoff is -10 in the playoffs this year, and has no points in his last four games.

We want him why?

:blink:

#490 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

8-1? What the hell? Vancouver has such trouble keeping their foot on the gas. I guess my sweep prediction was way off.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#491 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

8-1? What the hell?

The Canucks don't mess around. When they want to lose, they lose big. :lol:

Tim Thomas was also credited with a hit for his interaction with Sedin.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#492 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,872 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Good to hear Rome was suspended. It's unfortunate that taking out Horton for the rest of the series, and probably not having Rome in the lineup, really helps the Canucks. But there's nothing to be done about that. Just too bad the Bruins lose their second leading playoff scorer on a late hit.

#493 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

What a crock of s***. The hit was late, that's it. No blindside. No elbow. You're gonna suspend a guy based on the outcome of a hit, nevermind the nature of it? Had Horton got right up, there might have been an interference minor called, nothing else. But because Horton was hurt, the hit MUST have been suspendable. Yikes, did Shanahan make this call?

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 07 June 2011 - 02:41 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#494 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

Campbell would have fined Rome.
If the League wanted to make a "defining statement" decision regarding this kind of hit they could have, should have, made it a long, long, time ago.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#495 FIBS

FIBS

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image

#496 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

:lol: :lol:
IPB Image

#497 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Someone get stuck on a ferry again?

#498 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Someone get stuck on a ferry again?

I'm not going to be around as much during the finals guys. Got asked to help out on another hockey board. It will probably take a lot of my time, at least for now.

I know you will all miss the absolute hell out of me.

And please be kind to my team. :P

Seriously Broken - get your ownf****** life and stop worrying about mine.

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 07 June 2011 - 05:38 PM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#499 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:32 PM

Yikes, did Shanahan make this call?

Mike Murphy is in charge of this series and Shanny steps in for next season

#500 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

Gotta love this hit by Thomas. Can't watch it enough :lol:

Edit: With a loose puck that was risky!

Edited by Barrie, 07 June 2011 - 05:40 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons