• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#541 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

What an entertaining game that was! Thanks Boston for beating Canucks again. :thumbup:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#542 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

Vancouver might need to bring up their 1994 roster for game 5.

Odjick, Hunter, Antoski, Momesso, etc.

This lineup is full of soft euros......

You are forgetting someone, speaking of Euros......but he sure would help them now! The Twins have NOTHING on him...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#543 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

Looks like Ehroff would fit in great in Detroit rofl

Posted Image

#544 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

You are forgetting someone, speaking of Euros......but he sure would help them now! The Twins have NOTHING on him...

I was talking about their toughness.

I'd never forget "The Russian Rocket" in those playoffs.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#545 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

That game was horrible

#546 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

That game was horrible

....from a Vancouver perspective.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#547 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

You must mean this guy. :lol: :ph34r:

Posted Image

#548 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Luongo choked these two games, like he did against the Hawks. He watches Thomas standing on his head and cant keep up, that has been the difference.

I said the Nucks would take it in 5 but i didnt count on Reboundo Luongoal returning but still think the Nucks have the better team up front and will win.

#549 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

Originally I said 'nucks in 7, but after Game 3 I said whoever wins Game 4 will win the series.

Which one do I go with? :hehe:

Vancouver is folding here, Boston pushed them around pretty good, and other than their dirty play, the 'nucks can't counter the size of the Bruins. Vancouver needed a quick kill, and win in 5, especially after the hit on Horton. The longer this goes, the better off it is for the Bruins.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#550 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Anybody else hear Le Pierre say that there were 10,000 or so fans hanging out in the Vancouver arena...and when Luongo was pulled, they cheered.

LOVE it! :clap:

Edited by Vladifan, 08 June 2011 - 10:39 PM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#551 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

Holy crap, Boston has turned the tables. Vancouver eked out two wins, and Boston has two dominating wins. I guess Vancouver could bounce back, but winning the way Boston has, how do they lose?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#552 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

Seriously did Vancouver's AHL team come over while the NHL team rested back home? I think Boston is going to win the Cup at home if Vancouver continues to play like this. Hell Boston could have swept the Nucks aside from a few bad plays. that cost them games one and two.

Lol, just looked on NHL.com and there is a picture of Thomas on the main page and he looks exactly like Zach Galifianakis with his beard.

Edited by MGreenberg, 08 June 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#553 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

Thomas has been AMAZING.

#554 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

I sure as hell didn't expect the Nucks to lose like this twice in a row.

#555 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

I knew this was going to be a long series.

Thomas is phenomenal. Go the Bruins.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#556 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

I don't see that as ribbing at all. Seems like he is goading a visiting fan simply because his team lost.

Of course you would think that.

Nice to see Van folding.

Edited by Broken 16, 09 June 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#557 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

I have to cheer Thomas on. He's been phenomenal and he really deserves a Cup. Timmy Thomas is looking like a Conn Smythe front-runner right now.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#558 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

Funny how "fake tough guy" Bieksa is so timid in this series during all this carnage.

How is Bieksa fake? He fought Marleau and the heavweight knockout artist Stalberg. I heard he even wanted to challenge Semin and Filppula at the same time to show how tough he really is.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#559 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:13 AM

I don't see that as ribbing at all. Seems like he is goading a visiting fan simply because his team lost.

Dude...where have you been? This is LGW aka Let's Goad (something witty that starts with a 'W'). Get with the program!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#560 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:19 AM

The Canucks are being suckered into playing the Bruins type of game. Vancouver isn't a physical team. Boston is a physical team. Vancouver has some physical players, but "some physical players" going up against almost an entire team of physical players isn't going to work out for them. They need to stick to their strengths. Skate away from the rough stuff, stick to playing their game. Otherwise, this series is over and the Cup is going to Beantown.