• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#41 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:55 PM

Boston deserves this one. My housemate is in heaven, because she's been a B's fan for eons. I hope they bring it back to an Original Six team again. It's been pretty neat to have an O6 team win two of the last three Cups. Let's hope Boston makes it 3 of 4. GO BRUINS!!!!!

Oh yeah, there is one other thing...bears love to eat fish. :lol:
Posted Image

#42 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

Is it just me or do Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton look like cavemen? Good players though.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

Don't really care all that much for either team, but when all else fails, root for the Original Six.

It'll be Vancouver in 4 or 5, though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

Nucks are going to steamroll the bruins

#45 Wings4Life19

Wings4Life19

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Don't want either team to win, so i'll say Vancouver loses in 7

#46 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:14 PM

Still have some Sammy love going on here. Would like to see the Ugliest Swede Line (even if they're not playing together, I like calling them that) raise the Cup. Definitely feel for them not having won in 40 years. I picked them at the beginning of the playoffs as my team to root for should evil things happen to the Wings. Not the same as picking them to win, so I'm pleased that they've come this far.

Canuckleheads in 6. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

#47 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Really, REALLY hate vancouver but love Boston! Not sure how this series is going to pan out, but if feb. 26. 2011 is any indication Ill be a happy man!

That was a game where the Canucks out-hit the Bruins nearly into oblivion but lost 3-1 (empty netter). It was also around the time when the Canucks defence was so beat up that they were down to about the number 14 defenceman on the depth charts. Even the call-up replacements for the injured top 6 were getting injured. That game is not a very valid comparison to draw any conclusions from, other than that the Canucks defence is incredibly deep considering they continued to play better than .500 hockey through that time.

Boston deserves this one. My housemate is in heaven, because she's been a B's fan for eons. I hope they bring it back to an Original Six team again. It's been pretty neat to have an O6 team win two of the last three Cups. Let's hope Boston makes it 3 of 4. GO BRUINS!!!!!

Oh yeah, there is one other thing...bears love to eat fish. :lol:

An orca is not a fish. If a bear ever tried to eat an orca it would be taken back into the food chain and converted into a brown slick on the ocean within about 24 hours. :yowza:

Edited by Chairman Maouth, 28 May 2011 - 04:43 PM.

It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#48 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

I hate both teams, but I hate boston less. Why can't they both lose?

I'm with you. But at least we don't have to hear about Crosby or Ovechkin.
Do or do not. There is no try

#49 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Lightning were fun to watch and I was rooting for them, but I think Bruins will match up better against the Canucks. And I wouldn't be surprised if Canucks choke. I am actually surprised they made it this far without choking. (though they did kinda choke in round 1).

I think Bruins hold the advantage in goaltending and defence. While Canucks hold the advantage in PP. Should be a close one, much closer than people are giving credit for. I can see Tim Thomas completely dominating the Cancucks offense. Bruins offense is suspect at times, but they sure can score that timely goal when it matters most. I think Bruins are too underrated. Canucks are overrated imo.

EDIT to ADD:

I hope refs don't hand Canucks gimme games like they did in the Sharks series. If so, I won't watch this series. That's why I stopped watching the Canucks/Sharks series. Reffing was bias and brutal.

Edited by Heaten, 28 May 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#50 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Tampa got eliminated, so I don't really care who wins. I just hope it's over soon.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#51 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

Tampa got eliminated, so I don't really care who wins. I just hope it's over soon.

Me too. I am ready for the offseason drama to begin.

Edited by Heaten, 28 May 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#52 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

You make it sound like we're watching San Jose Vs. Pittsburgh or something :lol: Come on, its not that bad!!!

#53 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

Well I'm certainly rooting for Boston for two main reasons. 1 They are an Orginal Six Team. 2. I can't stand Canadian Teams. With that being said I do think that Vancouver will win. I hope it's a good long series but I just feel that The Canucks have to much firepower and depth on the roster that it will just take over at some point and smother the Bruins. I'm excited to see a Goalie Match-up like Louie and Timmy that one should be good but in the end I think I will have to accept that a Canadain Team is going to Win the Cup this season. Best of Luck to both teams but.... Go Bruins!!!!

#54 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

Well I'm certainly rooting for Boston for two main reasons. 1 They are an Orginal Six Team. 2. I can't stand Canadian Teams. With that being said I do think that Vancouver will win. I hope it's a good long series but I just feel that The Canucks have to much firepower and depth on the roster that it will just take over at some point and smother the Bruins. I'm excited to see a Goalie Match-up like Louie and Timmy that one should be good but in the end I think I will have to accept that a Canadain Team is going to Win the Cup this season. Best of Luck to both teams but.... Go Bruins!!!!

Not trying to start anything with you by any means....

But what is your rationale for hating Canadian teams?

#55 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Not trying to start anything with you by any means....

But what is your rationale for hating Canadian teams?

Don't a lot of Canadians hate American teams?

(btw, I don't hate Canada teams, but I'm rooting Bruins)
Posted Image

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Let's go Boston!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#57 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

Don't a lot of Canadians hate American teams?(btw, I don't hate Canada teams, but I'm rooting Bruins)

That would be news to me.

#58 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

You make it sound like we're watching San Jose Vs. Pittsburgh or something :lol: Come on, its not that bad!!!

It's not Detroit, and it's not Tampa, since the only reason I wanted them to do well was because of the Yzerman connection. So.....thus I don't really care who wins. I don't hate either team, I just don't give a damn which one wins. I have no interest, no matter how passive, in either team. It would be different if say, either San Jose or Pittsburgh were in it, because that would give me a reason to watch since I hate both teams and want to see them lose any time they take the ice.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#59 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

I'm good either way, but I'm leaning Boston.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#60 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Let's go B's!!

No offense to the Canadian folk, but it pisses me off that during the season you all have your rivalries but then it's Canada's team for the cup.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.