• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#641 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

"My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can't be true because that's what usually happens in kindergarten. That's what happened. Sometimes grown-ups have low self-esteem and get on guys and say stupid stuff.

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Niiiiiiiiice. Haha. Not rooting for his team but way to go Henrik.

#642 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

"I think he has to be happy with his career," Henrik added. "He did a great job on Long Island. I'm sure he is happy with that."

Zing.

Milbury has also been criticized for the many decisions he made in which payroll or orders for upper management were not factors. Many young players and prospects that Milbury traded away went on to have distinguished careers, often eclipsing those of the players he received in return. He has traded away:

Defensemen
Zdeno Chara,
Wade Redden,
Bryan Berard,
Eric Brewer,
Darius Kasparaitis,
Bryan McCabe;

Goalies
Roberto Luongo
Tommy Salo

Forwards Olli Jokinen,
Todd Bertuzzi,
Tim Connolly,
Raffi Torres.

Milbury has also come under fire for his draft day decisions such as choosing Rick DiPietro first overall in 2000 over Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik; as well as his decision to include the 2001 second overall draft pick (Jason Spezza) as part of the Alexei Yashin trade.

Year Cost Cap Hit buyout
2011-12
$2,204,000 $2,204,000 2012-13 $2,204,000 $2,204,000 2013-14 $2,204,000 $2,204,000 2014-15 $2,204,000 $2,204,000
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#643 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

the canucks cannot with the cup this year. all of the wrong players are winning the games for them. won't somebody please think of the children?
Posted Image

#644 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:14 AM

Didn't seem like trash talking to me. 7uongo readily admits that because of Thomas' style that he is adept at making saves that he himself could not make, but the opposite is the same. If you stay in your net (Luongo), those saves aren't too difficult to make. Seems like a decent analysis.

He was asked a question and answered it. We (LGW/Americans/hockey fans) rip on Canadians for being so predictable and boring in press conferences or when interviewed, we are now ripping into guys who are honest? How is saying "Due to his playing style, it's harder for him to make those saves since he comes so far out, but goalies like me who stay in the net have an easy time with those. It's also because of that style that he is able to makes saves I can't". I don't see it as critiquing, just answering a question. I guess haters gunna hate, and I don't even like that rat looking turd.

Where did 7uongo boast or brag? Or was that just a general statement?

7uongo's analysis may have been accurate with regards to his chances of stopping the goal as opposed to Thomas', but it was trash talking. "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint, so, it's an easy save for me. But if you're wandering out and aggressing, like he does, that's gonna happen."

7uongo's basically saying that the goal happened because Thomas was careless.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#645 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:29 AM

7uongo's analysis may have been accurate with regards to his chances of stopping the goal as opposed to Thomas', but it was trash talking. "It's not hard if you're playing in the paint, so, it's an easy save for me. But if you're wandering out and aggressing, like he does, that's gonna happen."

Was Luongo wrong?

Posted Image

#646 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

Since when is being aggressive being careless? Hasek was one of the most aggressive goalies I've ever watched, and I'd hardly call him careless. So again, everyone keeps taking 7uongo's quote out of context.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#647 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

"I've been pumping his tires ever since the series started," he said, "and I haven't heard one nice thing he had to say about me, so that's the way it is."

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6652289

So Ro8erto 7uongo's feelings are hurt because Thomas hasn't said enough nice things about him? God. What a friggin cryass.

He very well could add a Stanley Cup to his Gold Medal, winning both by being a decent goaltender with a great team in front of him.

#648 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:44 AM

Was Luongo wrong?

That's the thing, you can criticize a specific goal here and there for Thomas, about how Luongo would've stopped it because he stayed in net. But then again, maybe he wouldn't have.

The biggest point is that as aggressive as Thomas's style is, it works 93.7 % of the time.

Edited for a misplaced decimal point. ;)

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 12 June 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#649 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

Milbury has also been criticized for the many decisions he made in which payroll or orders for upper management were not factors. Many young players and prospects that Milbury traded away went on to have distinguished careers, often eclipsing those of the players he received in return. He has traded away:

Wade Redden doesn't really count; he was traded for Bryan Berard immediately after being drafted because Berard, drafted one pick sooner, refused to play for Ottawa.

Tim Connolly and Taylor Pyatt were dealt for Michael Peca. Peca starred for the Islanders for a few seasons as he tailed off, before being traded to Edmonton for Detroit native Mike York, a deal that gained back the Islanders a skilled young forward by dumping an older, declining forward on his last contract year.

Raffi Torres was traded with depth forward Brad Isbister to acquire Janne Niinimaa to solidify NYI's defense, as well as a 2nd and a 4th.

Eric Brewer was traded along with a mediocre prospect and a 2nd round pick for a 26-year-old Roman Hamrlik, who was one of the best defensemen in the league at the time. You would make that deal too.

#650 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

Was Luongo wrong?

Since when is being aggressive being careless? Hasek was one of the most aggressive goalies I've ever watched, and I'd hardly call him careless. So again, everyone keeps taking 7uongo's quote out of context.

7uongo wasn't technically wrong in his analysis with regards to his style vs. Thomas' style. But his statement was "That's going to happen" in such a manner as if Thomas was acting carelessly. He said it in a flippant, arrogant manner suggesting he felt his style made him a better goaltender than Thomas.

It's like asking the question "What flavor of ice cream should I have for breakfast?" Technically, there's nothing wrong. But normal, healthy people don't have ice cream for breakfast; hence the problem.

#651 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

7uongo wasn't technically wrong in his analysis with regards to his style vs. Thomas' style. But his statement was "That's going to happen" in such a manner as if Thomas was acting carelessly. He said it in a flippant, arrogant manner suggesting he felt his style made him a better goaltender than Thomas.

It's like asking the question "What flavor of ice cream should I have for breakfast?" Technically, there's nothing wrong. But normal, healthy people don't have ice cream for breakfast; hence the problem.

What's normal to you, may not be normal to other people. Some people on LGW think Hudler is a future superstar, but normal people know that's not true. You need to learn to be tolerant of other people and their eating habits Eva.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#652 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

What's normal to you, may not be normal to other people. Some people on LGW think Hudler is a future superstar, but normal people know that's not true. You need to learn to be tolerant of other people and their eating habits Eva.

Please find me a dietician who says that Hudler sucks and it's for health reasons.

Note: I have never called Hudler a future superstar, please stop putting words in my mouth. TY.

#653 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Please find me a dietician who says that Hudler sucks and it's for health reasons.

Note: I have never called Hudler a future superstar, please stop putting words in my mouth. TY.

I never said you thought he was a future superstar. And I never said Hudler sucks for health reasons. Please don't put words in mouth. Thank you.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#654 Manoir

Manoir

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:23 AM

The biggest point is that as aggressive as Thomas's style is, it works .937 % of the time.

I think you mean 93.7% of the time. :)

#655 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

nice thing about Wings fans is that we still watch hockey after the Wings, we appreciate it, this cup final has been great, love this sport :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#656 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

I never said you thought he was a future superstar. And I never said Hudler sucks for health reasons. Please don't put words in mouth. Thank you.

Snap.

#657 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

come on B's. Although I think Vancouver is gonna take it game 6.

#658 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

I think you mean 93.7% of the time. :)

I think he means that 93.7% of the times, it works every time.

#659 Cruiser008

Cruiser008

Headed to the Rafters

• Silver Booster
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

Man if the Canucks win the cup they've gotta be one of the worst champions ever... their GFA is a poultry 2.27 right now and they actually have a negative goal differential in these playoffs.

If it wasn't for that unfortunate 3-game losing streak Detroit had at the end of April/beginning of May... *sigh*. I still think that series had the highest quality of hockey in these playoffs. The finals have NOT impressed me at all, and it's clear both teams are running on fumes.

#660 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

I was hoping to get through a Stanley Cup Final without being reminded of Mike Milbury's employment. Maybe next year.
So, Thomas is guilty of misplaying a carom off the backboard. It's just a part of his game he needs to improve upon.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.