• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#781 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

I'm trying to figure out why Boston plays one way at home and the total opposite in Vancouver. Is it perhaps the time change? Being in the West, the Canucks are used to going in and out of time zones (like the Wings do) whereas the Bruins play all their games in the East and only go out west once or twice a season. Does this explain their lethargic play in Vancouver? I hope the Bruins win but it will likely be 1-0 Vancouver. Again. :ph34r:

Lol, you say Vancouver is used to it but obviously not this series since they have been hammered each game in Boston. But I think the Bruins break through in game seven and win 2-1.

#782 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

I've been rooting for Boston ever since discovering that the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows are flagrantly guilty of diving. Maybe it's because I grew up watching our top guys--Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Fedorov etc. etc.--be very classy on the ice, but I just can't respect a team whose top players behave in such an unsportsmanlike manner.

#783 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

I've been rooting for Boston ever since discovering that the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows are flagrantly guilty of diving. Maybe it's because I grew up watching our top guys--Yzerman, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Fedorov etc. etc.--be very classy on the ice, but I just can't respect a team whose top players behave in such an unsportsmanlike manner.

Yeah, it is pretty awful. If anything is right in the NHL, Boston will win game seven.

#784 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:50 PM

Lets hope Boston wins indeed. I went into this series not liking the Canucks. After seeing these 6 games, I never realized how classless they are. If they do win the Cup tomorrow, has there ever been a team which has won the Cup which has played like they have? I mean you listen to other hockey fans of other teams and they are all saying the same things we are. The Sedins' diving is pathetic. Like most others watching this series, I have become a Tim Thomas fan. I never realized how good he really is. I never could stand Luongo. Hopefully the Bruins win but I do not expect it. I hope I am wrong. They need to score first. The team which has done this has won all 6 games. Go Bruins!
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#785 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

Good job, Daniel. Pissing off the Bruins has worked real good for you so far.

Daniel Sedin: We'll win Game 7

Maybe they cut him off early and he meant to say "We'll win Game 7... in taking punches to the face."

I'm guessing it went like this:

Reporter: "Daniel, who do you think is going to win game 7?"

Daniel: "We're going to win game 7."

Reporter: "Thanks, that's all I need." (Rubs hands and cackles like a mad man.)
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#786 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

canuck bandwagon dot com.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#787 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

+1 for an epic website!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#788 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

The good old O-vik must be very proud.

#789 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

The decision for Vancouver has already been made, but let's play "IF":
IF Vancouver loses Game Seven with Luongo, how much blame can be heaped at Vigneault's feet, when he could use Schneider? Is it a case of blind faith or loyalty, based on past performance?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#790 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Toronto Star .

This times the universe.

#791 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

The decision for Vancouver has already been made, but let's play "IF":
IF Vancouver loses Game Seven with Luongo, how much blame can be heaped at Vigneault's feet, when he could use Schneider? Is it a case of blind faith or loyalty, based on past performance?

No, because Schneider is a backup goaltender. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no idea why people are under the impression Schneider will do amazing when Luongo has hardly hurt his team at home this series.

are infamous for flipflopping between being delusionally optimistic and inexplicably pessimistic about our team's chances.

Sounds a hell of a lot like LGW. :lol:

Edited by Doc Holliday, 14 June 2011 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#792 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

No, because Schneider is a backup goaltender. Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no idea why people are under the impression Schneider will do amazing when Luongo has hardly hurt his team at home this series.

My favorite are the last two regular season GDTs. Pure comic gold.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#793 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Lets hope Boston wins indeed. I went into this series not liking the Canucks. After seeing these 6 games, I never realized how classless they are. If they do win the Cup tomorrow, has there ever been a team which has won the Cup which has played like they have? I mean you listen to other hockey fans of other teams and they are all saying the same things we are. The Sedins' diving is pathetic. Like most others watching this series, I have become a Tim Thomas fan. I never realized how good he really is. I never could stand Luongo. Hopefully the Bruins win but I do not expect it. I hope I am wrong. They need to score first. The team which has done this has won all 6 games. Go Bruins!

I went into this series rooting for the Canucks. That changed after three games.

I think they're worse. They've got a core of dedicated fans; outside of that is a gigantic circle of bandwagoners.

#794 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

That is great, not even any fight back from Sedin. That's embarrassing

Totally. Better to fight back and satisfy your own anger issues and jeopardize a potential power play for the T E A M. :thumbup:

Edited by Jocke, 14 June 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#795 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

My favorite are the last two regular season GDTs. Pure comic gold.

Didn't we win our last game?

#796 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

:lol: awesome site, thanks for that :thumbup:
IPB Image

#797 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:19 PM

Didn't we win our last game?

Yes. Which is precisely shows the complete bipolar nature of LGW. Just read both of them...and you'll laugh... just like I did.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#798 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,959 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:50 PM

I'm trying to figure out why Boston plays one way at home and the total opposite in Vancouver. Is it perhaps the time change? Being in the West, the Canucks are used to going in and out of time zones (like the Wings do) whereas the Bruins play all their games in the East and only go out west once or twice a season. Does this explain their lethargic play in Vancouver? I hope the Bruins win but it will likely be 1-0 Vancouver. Again. :ph34r:

Boston has played the same way all series.

The games in Boston have been blowouts because Vancouver hasn't shown up on the road. At home Vancouver has actually played hard.

At the end of the day, Vancouver has more talent then Boston, but without effort, it's only natural that they'd get blown out.

I don't think Boston has done anything differently at home than on the road.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#799 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

I finally had to turn off the Team 1040 out of Vancouver. I couldn't take one more caller complaining that the refs weren't calling penalities out of the scrums after a whistle. Have they never seen a playoff game before? God I'm glad our Euro Twins know how to push back in a scrum.

They did have two really good callers though. One caller said he really hopes they do not win because he doesn't want this to be the Vancouver team that goes down in history as the first one to raise the Cup. He said the visctory would be "tainted" because they don't deserve it and he's embarrassed by them, big time, he said.

The other caller complained about all the other idiot callers. :siren: He was awesome.

#800 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

Boston has played the same way all series.

The games in Boston have been blowouts because Vancouver hasn't shown up on the road. At home Vancouver has actually played hard.

At the end of the day, Vancouver has more talent then Boston, but without effort, it's only natural that they'd get blown out.

I don't think Boston has done anything differently at home than on the road.

Agreed 100%. +1.

Game 7 isn't going to come down to Boston or Luongo, it's going to come down to whether or not the defense infront of Luongo shows up and whether or not the Sedins don't actually suck donkey balls.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank