• Please log in to reply
1193 replies to this topic

#801 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

I really want Boston to win, but if Vancouver wins the cup the only one I will be happy for is Manny Maholtra because he is coming back from that awful eye injury.

#802 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:26 AM

Man, I want Boston to win, but I haven't felt this detached from a Cup final in a long time. 08 and 09 were the Wings, 10 was hoping Chicago wouldn't win and hating Pronger's Philly. But this year, as much as I don't really like Vancouver, it's just a big...meh. You'd think a Game 7 Cup final would make every hockey fan salivate, but I'm pretty blase about this whole thing.

Any word on how popular this series is in the US, at least compared to the last few Cup finals? It just seems to me that this one isn't getting as much press as they have since '08.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#803 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

a Canucks fan suggested that the whole biting thing was Burrows trying to defend his teammate

so it gave me an idea for a nickname

from now on I shall call burrows......

McGruff

#804 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:53 AM

go bruuuishs.... go brechhhh... go bruuuikkk....

i hope the canucks lose.
Posted Image

#805 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

Last day of the season. 7 more days till Lidstrom takes home the Norris, 9 days till the draft and 16 days till free agency!!!

#806 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

One last time (thankfully)...
C'mon, Wankouver!

The headline says it all:

Which team deserves the Stanley Cup? Neither

From Toronto Star :

And enough with the justifications about the blowouts in Boston. Kevin Bieksa and Cory Schneider have both pointed out that hockey is not soccer — aggregate scores don’t matter. Maybe you guys should watch less of that sport, because all the least manly aspects of soccer are beginning to infect your own play.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 15 June 2011 - 08:11 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#807 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

I really want Boston to win, but if Vancouver wins the cup the only one I will be happy for is Manny Maholtra because he is coming back from that awful eye injury.

I'm trying to think of players on the nucks that I still have some respect for and would want to see lift the Cup. Malhotra is about it.

There's been teams I've hated that I didn't want to see win the Cup (Chicago), but I can't remember just being embarrassed for a team like I am with Vancouver. Diving, whining, biting. It's been more like recess than the Cup finals.

Man, I want Boston to win, but I haven't felt this detached from a Cup final in a long time. 08 and 09 were the Wings, 10 was hoping Chicago wouldn't win and hating Pronger's Philly. But this year, as much as I don't really like Vancouver, it's just a big...meh. You'd think a Game 7 Cup final would make every hockey fan salivate, but I'm pretty blase about this whole thing.

Any word on how popular this series is in the US, at least compared to the last few Cup finals? It just seems to me that this one isn't getting as much press as they have since '08.

Agree with this too. I want Boston to win because Vancouver has been such ******* this playoffs and a portion of their fanbase is so awful, but I can't say I'm happy to see any of the Bruins lift the Cup either, other than Thomas.

#808 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Win or lose there will be a riot in Vancouver
IPB Image

#809 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

One last time (thankfully)...
C'mon, Wankouver!

The headline says it all:

From Toronto Star :

I couldn't agree with this article more. Timmy Thomas should be the only name on the cup this year.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#810 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

I really want to see Timmy raise the Cup tonight.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#811 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

I really want to see Timmy raise the Cup tonight.

Me too. More than that though, I want to see Luongo and the rest of the Canucks suffer a nuclear implosion of epic proportions. I also want to see all the Canucks bandwagoners trample each other and plead to the league that Boychuck should be suspended for it.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#812 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Win or lose there will be a riot in Vancouver

I said the same thing earlier this morning. I hope Boston can do this. Would have been nice to see them win it Monday night, but they just couldn't get those wins in Vancouver. I hope they've figured out what went wrong and fix it tonight.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#813 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,829 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

Like to see the Bruins do it tonight. Timmy deserves the win, and my buddy Mike Ryder can bring the Cup back to Da Rock :thumbup: Plus, I cant wait to hear how bad Vancouver is gonna be should they lose tonight :ph34r: :hehe:

#NOMOREKINDL

#814 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:55 AM

At the beginning of the series my mom asked me who I thought would win; my response was "I want the Bruins to win, but if I had to put money on it, I'd bet on Vancouver." Now I really, really want the Bruins to win it. Supposedly the Western Conference is tougher than the Eastern, but all the WCF and this SCF has shown me is how much more diving the West does. I'm embarrassed to be in the same conference with the Sharks and Nucks this year.
Hopefully the hockey gods will teach the West that you can't dive your way to the Cup tonight.

GO BRUINS!!!!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#815 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Diving, whining, biting. It's been more like recess than the Cup finals.

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#816 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

I understand Vancouver fans are passionate and have thousands and thousands watching on the streets for their games, but don't people have jobs up there?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#817 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,342 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

No, it doesn't.

Yes it does.

Totally. Better to fight back and satisfy your own anger issues and jeopardize a potential power play for the T E A M. :thumbup:

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#818 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Both teams have been diving and snapping their heads back. f*** them both.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#819 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

Both teams have been diving and snapping their heads back. f*** them both.

esteef

Go walk by someone and graze your hand on their face and see if they snap their head back. 9 times out of 10 they will. Now imagine you take a glove or stick that grazes your face....

The diving, though, is extremely obnoxious and there is ZERO excuse for it.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#820 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:36 PM

Instead of the National Anthems being played before the game...

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.