Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ost-game-7.html

Posted Image

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1082 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

what a sight seeing panger interview chara. he had a mic extension!

#1083 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Yeah.

You get banned.

That was the prize. :lol:

Oh, sonuva... :ranting:

:P

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#1084 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

By mostly empty, you meant being 2/3rds full? At least that's how I remember it being.

That's how I remember it, but I might be wrong. I also might remember when Pens had been celebrating for several minutes and fans finally started leaving.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#1085 Andrew

Andrew

redwings8831

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Live stream of riots:

http://abclocal.go.c...enow?id=8193381

#1086 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

NBC coverage ended just after 11pm est unfortunately.

And they're trying to grow the game...? An American team that hasn't won since the 70s just beat a Canadian one in Game 7, they have their American goalie hero in Timmy Thomas (Michigan, YES!), and they don't attempt to sell this thing to the unconverted public?

:blink:
IPB Image

#1087 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

To be honest I am NOT surprised that Vancouver fans would boo Thomas. I understand why they'd boo Bettman but come on don't boo Thomas.

I don't think they were booing Thomas. In fact they cheered him twice; they also cheered Lucic and Recchi. I thought they were pretty much a class act.

Meanwhile, congrats to the Bruins and Timmeh Thomas!! And GOODBYE, LUOWNEDOH!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1088 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

Do those douchebags in Vancouver not realize that, hey, that was actually SOMEONE'S CAR. It's not like it's an empty mailbox you're overturning. Morons.

ABV_sig.png

#1089 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted Image

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#1090 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted Image

I wish Dirty Harry would pop out and shoot thosef****** punks. :ranting:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1091 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

Do those douchebags in Vancouver not realize that, hey, that was actually SOMEONE'S CAR. It's not like it's an empty mailbox you're overturning. Morons.

And that there's families with kids leaving the game nearby.

-- Mitch Albom

#1092 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

So, uh, I think I won the playoff picks game. Do I get anything as a prize? :lol:

Ummm, hellleuoo? ;) If you're talking about picking Boston to take it 4-3, you ain't alone. You just better be ready to share, bubba! :lol:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#1093 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

LOL, ya I'm sure Boston is going to win the cup now :hehe:

Posted Image

#1094 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Live stream of riots:

http://abclocal.go.c...enow?id=8193381

Damn... Never watched a riot before as it happened.

-- Mitch Albom

#1095 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Were you even watching? They cheered Thomas when he hoisted the cup, a pretty damned good cheer for the guy on the opposing team. They booed when Bettman was out there. God Bless Vancouver fans for booing that piece of s***.

No I wasn't because both TV's at my place were being used for stupid reasons. But I must have misread earlier reports. Then again I agree for booing Bettman I would boo him as well!

#1096 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

And they're trying to grow the game...? An American team that hasn't won since the 70s just beat a Canadian one in Game 7, they have their American goalie hero in Timmy Thomas (Michigan, YES!), and they don't attempt to sell this thing to the unconverted public?

:blink:

Surprised?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1097 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Ummm, hellleuoo? ;) If you're talking about picking Boston to take it 4-3, you ain't alone. You just better be ready to share, bubba! :lol:

Hey, I picked them during the first round! :lol:

Looks like the cops are nailing lots of idiots in Vancouver.

ABV_sig.png

#1098 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

How many people will be playing hookie ya think? Read it for yourselves.
http://www.theglobea...article2062631/

#1099 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Congrats, Boston! Way to pull it out and add insult to injury by shutting them out.

Luongo is going to get crucified. I am still surprised Boston did it. I called them in the finals earlier this year, but only half believed it would happen.

Anyway, good for the Original 6!

Always bugs me that Cup coverage cuts off so early every year. There should be post-game on NBC.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#1100 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,338 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

Them cops need to hose them hosers with the water hose!...eh?

'Evolution' created by Offsides