• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hey guys just wondering what you guys think about Kaberle, yes or no if you guys would want him at the right price ? only because i don't think the Bruins are going to re-sign him, i think the Bruins are going to make a play for Brad Richards, without Savard the PP has gone WAY downhill and at the risk Savard does come back and goes down again they would still have Richards,Krecji,Bergeron,Peverly (4 great C's) they would defintly have the Cap space to make a move for him if Kaberle leaves

Kaberle 4.2Mill
Ryder 4Mill
Recchi 1.9Mill
Hnidy 500K

I could see them bringing back Ryder but for WAY less then 4Mill

Anyways what do you guys think about both Richards and Kaberle ?

Edited by king_malice, 28 May 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#2 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

a big F*%# no! to tomas kaberle.. and a big f&*@ yes!!!! to zach bogosian! and james wisniewski!

#3 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

No to Richards, good player but too much money and same for Kaberle. I think being on a Cup finals team, he would want a ton of money. I would like to see either Wisniewski or Pitkanen in Detroit or both for about 4 to 4.5 million each

Lidstrom / Kronwall
Pitkanen / Wisniewski
Stuart / Kindl

#4 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

No to Richards, good player but too much money and same for Kaberle. I think being on a Cup finals team, he would want a ton of money. I would like to see either Wisniewski or Pitkanen in Detroit or both for about 4 to 4.5 million each

Lidstrom / Kronwall
Pitkanen / Wisniewski
Stuart / Kindl

I would rather either Ehrhoff or Bieksa instead of Pitkanen, and i mean Richards to Boston you guys think they will make a play for him ?

#5 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

Like I said with Kaberle. Erhoff and Bieksa. Canucks are a cup team and will probably want like way too much money. I don't know what Boston might do though.

#6 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

not impressed with what kaberle has done since going to boston. his offense disappeared

#7 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

I wouldnt mind paying a little extra for Ehrhoff he is DEFINTLY in my opinion the best D UFA this year he's got some good size at 6'2 200LBS and the obvious stats he puts up 50PTS and a +19 on the season he made 3.1 this season i cant see him getting more then 5mill per and thats still a saving from Raffy's contract and the closest to a Raffy replacement

#8 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:15 PM

I've seen his name and Mccabes name come up a few times, f*** it let's ink them both>Pairing #3 complete.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#9 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

I wasn't really impressed that much either with him in Boston but then again Boston and Detroit are different teams Wings are defintly WAY more offensive which is why i think Kaberle might be a good fit here at the right price

#10 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

I wasn't really impressed that much either with him in Boston but then again Boston and Detroit are different teams Wings are defintly WAY more offensive which is why i think Kaberle might be a good fit here at the right price

You always have the worst ideas, dude. Kaberle is not a good defenseman. He doesn't play defense. What's more, he's lazy and unmotivated. And he's been beyond atrocious with Boston. He was brought in to shore up the power play, and that power play has operated at well under 10% thus far.

No way will we be picking this guy up. Holland knows far better.

#11 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:31 PM

Overpaid

Over the hill

Over my dead body

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

No.

The guy can't even grow facial hair.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 teamhillman

teamhillman

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

i say hell no.....im also gonna disagree with alot of ppl by saying no to wiz aswell...yes wiz put up good numbers but his defence is terrible...there is a reason he hasnt found a steady home in this league.he will be way overpaid next year i just hope not by the red wings

Edited by teamhillman, 28 May 2011 - 11:50 PM.

#14 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:58 PM

Kaberle I'd take if the price was reasonable and I didn't care much for the other options.

Richards is a pipe dream.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#15 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:24 AM

Good Lord, no to Kaberle... He's not even worth his current contract anymore, previously considered one of the league's best bargains

#16 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:58 AM

No. I would like to see Holland find someone young, like in their mid 20s. Someone with upside and can be trained to learn the DRWs system.

#17 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

i say hell no.....im also gonna disagree with alot of ppl by saying no to wiz aswell...yes wiz put up good numbers but his defence is terrible...there is a reason he hasnt found a steady home in this league.he will be way overpaid next year i just hope not by the red wings

wisniewski is by no means bad on defense. yeah hes small, but he can play D. He was minus this year because he played with the islanders lol In montreal he was able to play much better. hes a career hired gun. a ringer.

#18 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#19 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

If you're looking for a Dman to play the Wings "puck possession" style of game then Kaberle is your man.

If you're looking for a rugged defensive minded Dman then look elsewhere.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#20 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

Kaberle looks as if he is afraid to be hit. He moves the puck well but he never shoots. He and Joe Thornton could have a contest to see who shoots less. I'd pass on Kaberle. No pun intended. We don't need Richards. Too expensive plus we already have 2 of the best playmaking centres in the league right now with Dats and Z. We need a winger who can score.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 29 May 2011 - 05:32 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams