• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

I haven't read his name once this off-season and that is a big surprise.

Obviously Stuart has 1 year left on his deal but the fact that his family never made the move to Detroit means he was giving himself a 4 year window (his contract) to try to win the cup with the wings. It's quite obvious he plans on going back to LA, ANA, or SJ in 2012 offseason. I wouldn't be shocked if Holland has had conversations with Stuart about his future plans and seeing if he would like to return to the west coast a year early. It would benefit Stuart and the Red Wings to make the deal this summer.

Obviously Stuart has 1 year left on his deal but the fact that his family never made the move to Detroit means he was giving himself a 4 year window (his contract) to try to win the cup with the wings. It's quite obvious he plans on going back to LA, ANA, or SJ in 2012 offseason. I wouldn't be shocked if Holland has had conversations with Stuart about his future plans and seeing if he would like to return to the west coast a year early. It would benefit Stuart and the Red Wings to make the deal this summer.

HUH? He already won the cup with the Wings and then re-signed. That makes no sence.

makes sense, since he is a top 2 penalty killer and just a solid defenseman. he moves the puck well and is great in the corners and in front of the net... plus our only canadian defenseman... Babcock loves him too. thats just a horrible statement. Holland said he wants to reload our d-unit, not tear it down and rebuild it..?

thanks you! re-up him for three more years please and thank you!

lets get one thing straight stuarts not going anywhere.. hes gonnna be a Redwing for the rest of his career.. if he wanted he could of left in the summer of 08' after the cup win! as in hey i just won a cup now great and back to the west coast i go... also not only did he sign a 4 yr deal not 1 yr but 4 yr.. if it was a family thing he would of been gone in 08... his house just got sold in LA also so thats enough said.. dont be surprised if stuart and kronwall get locked up sometime during november to febuaryish..

The reason he wanted an NTC on his contract was so he could hopefully settle down somewhere with his family and play hockey in one place, after having bounced around a bit. I think he sticks with Detroit as long as they want him.

Otherwise, he's a defensively sound 2nd pairing d-man with a decent amount of grit and a solid amount of streaky offense. He's paid just about right. Nothing much to discuss beyond that.... fills a role really well for us.

Guest mjtm77

FAIL

If the Wings make the right tweeks this year and STAY HEALTHY(!!!!) they could be making another trip to the finals WITH Stuart on this team. It's no secret that once a player comes here, more times than not, they finish their career here. Once Lids retires and if they can remain a playoff team, there is no reason why Stuart will not re-sign his final contract here. Not many teams can start training camp with a realistic chance of competing for the Stanley Cup EVERY season. Detroit is one of those teams... can LA say it? Anaheim? Sure they can have realistic goals of making the playoffs, BUT, do they really stack up against a healthy Detroit/Vancouver and San Jose if they could rid themselves of some dead weight... I am sure if Stuart felt that it was time to give way to the next era, he would move on, but like someone mentioned above, as long as he wants to be here, Detroit will keep him. The feeling is likewise I am sure. Stuart will retire a Detroit Red Wing... Besides, there is no reason not to expect, when Nick retires, Brad Stuart won't be the #2 guy behind Kronwall...

I hope Stuart wears a Wings' uniform until his career ends. He's strong in the corners, blocks shots at every opportunity, and plays smarter hockey than a lot of folks like to give him credit for. Frankly, despite their contracts nearing their end, I see him and Kronner as the only secure pieces of our defensive future at the moment.

just a question for you, just how many Detroit Red Wings players do you think live in Southeast Michigan in the off season? Sure, a good portion of them do, but there are some that don't. Just because someone doesn't uproot his family, doesn't mean he won't be a Red Wing for a long time...

I hope Stuart wears a Wings' uniform until his career ends. He's strong in the corners, blocks shots at every opportunity, and plays smarter hockey than a lot of folks like to give him credit for. Frankly, despite their contracts nearing their end, I see him and Kronner as the only secure pieces of our defensive future at the moment.

Exactly what I was referring to, there will be day in Detroit when Kronwall/Stuart are the top paring on the blueline. Even if Lidstrom keeps coming back for more and more, his minutes will dwindle (ala Chelios) and Kronwall/Stuart will increase...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Stuart is a core player on this team and is not going anywhere. He will be signed to another contract extension around the same time Kronwall will be.

facepalm.jpg

I'm fine with the Wings with or without Stuart. The Wings are a better team with him, but I wouldn't shed a tear if this was his last contract with the Wings. Obviously depending on how much Kindl and Smith progress next season, Stuart's value to the team (and me to an extent) is sure to fluctuate.

I do acknowledge that he may be under-rated on this board 9especially by me), but he's one guy I've never been emotionally attached to for some reason or another?

Edited by Konnan511

Guest Crymson

Neither Kindl nor Smith bring Stuart's size or physical presence. I think he's more important than we all generally realize.

I love Stuart to death I really do. I hope we do keep him which I'm pretty sure Holland will get something done soon. Might depend on maybe how the team shapes up after summer. However with Stuart's play these last couple of seasons. Of everything he brings like someone mentioned earlier grit, tough in the defensive end corners, tough in front of the net and some streaky offense. I get pissed at Stuart cause imo he seems to take games OFF over these last couple of seasons. When he wants to play he can play soundly as 3rd d-man on our team.

Thanks for the update, I would have never heard of this piece of news.

I will say that the original post shouldn't get slammed so hard as it was the general feeling that Stuart wanted to play on the West coast because of his family.

I always hoped we traded him back that way before he left for FA as well, not because I hate him because I would not want to lose him for nothing. He always steps up his game in the playoffs and his skills are needed.

Yet, I think the fact that he had a NTC for every year but the last one signifies that the Wings were expecting they would have to trade him as well.

Wow, I got neg'd hard for my comment, lol. Guess I should have clarified and said that I think at 3.75M he is overpaid. I probably wouldn't have said anything if he was around a 2-2.5 million guy.